v Preston (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Max Bird is a supreme footballer. Most Derby players I get a little nervous when they have the ball in tight spaces, but Max Bird I feel totally relaxed. He does not give the ball away, he usually always picks the right option, his interceptions and positioning are getting better and better. Incredible.

Absolute perfection!

More plucky than lucky. Do not care how we won it. 3 million clearances and no Hamer Horror Show. Three points. What is not to like. In our hands now. Beat Cardiff and all the difficult teams and we are in the play offs.

We play like we did 2nd half against a better team, we will get absolutely slaughtered. Imagine we did this kind of performance 2nd half against a premier league team(or top championship even). I'm having flashbacks of that season.....

(Didn't miss a game in person home or away!!)

Need to finish as we started in the first half, whether it's the same players or a change, some good motivation or coaching, we need to keep that level of play in the second half!!

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

They always say stuff like that when Pearson plays.

"He's not a dirty player he's just a hard player"

No he's dirty. He ankle taps and leaves his foot out with his studs up whenever he blocks. He also tackles high when sliding. 

Dunno why they always stick up for him. 

Why do you always have to pick on him? Didn't you read my last post? He hasn't been booked for FOUR games. FOUR GAMES.

And not one single player was booked today, so guess what? That's five games with no bookings for Benjamin Pearson.

Bookmark this post and get back to me when he gets the fair play award and the Nobel Peace Prize. I'll have no bad words said about that absolute saint.

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

We play like we did 2nd half against a better team, we will get absolutely slaughtered. Imagine we did this kind of performance 2nd half against a premier league team(or top championship even). I'm having flashbacks of that season.....

Need to finish as we started in the first half, whether it's the same players or a change, some good motivation or coaching, we need to keep that level of play in the second half!!

Christ, we just win a really gritty hard fought game and you've come to slag us off. Bloody hell.

Max Bird will be a great player ?

Hope we keep him, some youth is definitely paying off right now. Bird, Sibley, Knight (Was Bogle from the Academy?) excellent players, however Knight's haircut and subsequent play has let him down recently. Max Lowe not in the same league, but hasn't played badly at all

1 minute ago, DerbyRam! said:

I’ll bite, for some reason. 

You play against the team you’re playing against. You’re not playing like this to prepare for an imaginary game next season in a different division. 

Yes we all want more in the second half but Cocu is working with what he has. He has 2 fit slow strikers, he has Lawrence banned, Duane half fit, Marriott injured... he’s making what he can of it, using the added substitutions to help. 

4 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Have a day off

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Mugging off @Millenniumram is my favourite pastime.

golden globes GIF

Tbf I didn’t think Evans was as good as some are making out... excellent on the ball as expected, but his defensive positioning was still a little suspect. Jury’s still out for me, but glad to see him do a decent enough job today. Speaking of defenders mind, Matt Clarke was absolutely outstanding today. Probably his best game in a Derby shirt. Man mountain.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Duck that! We’re hunting them down!

I'd much rather them finish 3rd 25 points ahead of us in 6th then us beat em.

funny as

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Christ, we just win a really gritty hard fought game and you've come to slag us off. Bloody hell.

Sorry man

I'm in some stress here

That 6 minutes was absolutely killing me!

Come on you Rams!!!!

Archived