v Preston (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done.

Three points. Played super first half, lovely free kick and a couple of other nice moves that deserved more. Second half not great but in the main defended well. Losing Bogle was clearly a blow as he's a frequent outlet to get us moving back up the pitch - hope he's not out for long.

Preston just kind of disappointing all match.

So, the unlikely dream stays alive a little longer, forms more solidly into view, only a point outside the top six.

I'm already nervous for Forest.

Max Bird is a supreme footballer. Most Derby players I get a little nervous when they have the ball in tight spaces, but Max Bird I feel totally relaxed. He does not give the ball away, he usually always picks the right option, his interceptions and positioning are getting better and better. Incredible.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Sky were applauding his recent disciplinary record. Did you know he hasn't been booked for 4 (four) games?! He's a good boy now.

They always say stuff like that when Pearson plays.

"He's not a dirty player he's just a hard player"

No he's dirty. He ankle taps and leaves his foot out with his studs up whenever he blocks. He also tackles high when sliding. 

Dunno why they always stick up for him. 

Another fantastic win and the concerns that we don't have enough squad depth, and that we'll miss players like Lawrence and Wisdom hasn't cost us yet. I hope Bogle is fine because he'd be another huge miss.

How big is Saturday going to be now? As it stands we can take ourselves to within touching distance of Forest who are currently 4th. That could be huge for us if we have more than one play-off place to target and gives us an even better chance. Obviously if Forest end up winning their game today then that makes it a little harder.

I'm struggling to remember the last time we had an East Mids Derby as big as this one with both teams having a real chance of going up. Win that one and it's six-in-a-row and I really would like to see someone try to stop us.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

George Evans was brilliant today. Fully justified why he was the correct choice. 

Fully agree, he made some brilliant passes through the lines to put us onto the front foot and looked fairly solid defensively without being tested that much. Also thought Waghorn had a good game could have scored early on but worked very hard and had some good touches when moved to the wing.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

George Evans was brilliant today. Fully justified why he was the correct choice. 

Couple of great blocks/interceptions and some cracking long range passes. I like the system Cocu has of bringing Davies on for the inevitable nervy finish 

To be fair always nervous defending a lead because its us & i always expect us to concede but some good defending today. Nice to have Curtis to come on & win it in the air when they go lump it forward 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Very good and comfortable. 

I really hate the way Pearson tackles. I think thank God we don't have the nasty little fecker. 

And then I'm reminded we have Sibely who is also a little fecker. 

Funny when it's on your side innit?

Why does Pearson wear a shirt that’s a size too small for him?

12 minutes ago, Pottig said:

All Derby need to do is survive for as long as All That She Wants by Ace of Base

All that we want is another playoffs

We're back next year boy

But all that we want...is another playoffs

Just now, goldstar said:

Couple of great blocks/interceptions and some cracking long range passes. I like the system Cocu has of bringing Davies on for the inevitable nervy finish 

Davies is in the role that suits him. I’m glad Cocu stuck to the style and didn’t just stick Davies in from the start. 

Archived