Live football thread.

Rev

5 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Nice to see Stuart Tw@well has improved as an official ???‍♂️??

Theres another professional stealing a living.

Unbelievable that such a useless person is still officiating at professional football. Why would you  carry on doing something that you are so obviously incapable of doing? He can't be happy or proud of what he does. Imagine going home from work and watching yourself being ridiculed on national television time after time for being totally and utterly inept.

You'd think a friend or family member would take him to one side and have a word.

8 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Forest beating Fulham.

Swansea beating Bournemouth. 
2 pts the gap at the minute. 

And thats with Forest still having to play Bournemouth. If things stay as they are its in Forests own hands after tonight.

Belper Town go 2 nil up away at Stamford in their play off semi final….into the play off final now………..get in you nailers

Matlock lose their NPL semi final play off 2-1 away to Scarborough… hoped they join Buxton in getting promoted…

Hopefully Belper will be playing them next year.

23 minutes ago, sheeponacid said:

Belper Town go 2 nil up away at Stamford in their play off semi final….into the play off final now………..get in you nailers

Matlock lose their NPL semi final play off 2-1 away to Scarborough… hoped they join Buxton in getting promoted…

Hopefully Belper will be playing them next year.

I bet the Belper massive went home happy.

Mind you, I heard that he'd lost a bit of weight recently and I shouldn't call him that really.

Sorry @Boycie

xx

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

There looked to be quite a lot at Stamford Bridge at the weekend on MOTD. 

Perhaps turning the PL into a procession for the top few clubs is starting to wear a bit thin. 

Man Utd is apparently due to a protest- some of the fans staying outside the ground for the first 17 minutes (to mark the number of years the Glazers have owned the club). I think Chelsea are limited to only letting their season ticket holders and away fans in until the club has been sold….

Excellent comeback victory from Sheff Utd tonight away at QPR.  

This wouldn't normally be that worthy of a comment but it does put them 5pts ahead of Middlesboro with a game to play (Boro have 2 left).

Boros last 6 games have been LLDLDW.  Nice to see them finishing the season strongly again ?

Who is Gibson gonna have a vendetta against this year for their annual collapse?

Edited by maxjam

37 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Who is Gibson gonna have a vendetta against this year for their annual collapse?

I will be writing to Gibson if they finish 7th, saying how funny it was that while he was pursuing Derby for events that were so 2019 he missed that he was having his FFP pants pulled down by another club this season.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Excellent comeback victory from Sheff Utd tonight away at QPR.  

This wouldn't normally be that worthy of a comment but it does put them 5pts ahead of Middlesboro with a game to play (Boro have 2 left).

Boros last 6 games have been LLDLDW.  Nice to see them finishing the season strongly again ?

Sat in a pub with a boro fan watching it. He tried to give it a bit about Steve Gibson, but I'm not in the mood and I'm bigger than him, so he gave it up quite quickly.

Aaanyway, looks like they're staying down again.

Uctsn.

1 hour ago, Shipley Ram said:

I will be writing to Gibson if they finish 7th, saying how funny it was that while he was pursuing Derby for events that were so 2019 he missed that he was having his FFP pants pulled down by another club this season.

I wonder if he’ll blame it all on Sheffield United a unfair parachute payments. 

I just read that Mark Warburton and Tony Mowbray are set to leave QPR and Blackburn when their contracts expire this summer.

it’s getting to that stage now where teams are stuck. The parachute payment clubs are finding it too easy to bounce back and it’s leaving the rest stranded in mid-table and disappointed.

I can see one of them looking at John Terry for manager. The other will probably go for Garry Monk.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I just read that Mark Warburton and Tony Mowbray are set to leave QPR and Blackburn when their contracts expire this summer.

it’s getting to that stage now where teams are stuck. The parachute payment clubs are finding it too easy to bounce back and it’s leaving the rest stranded in mid-table and disappointed.

I can see one of them looking at John Terry for manager. The other will probably go for Garry Monk.

Both clubs have got owners who spent recklessly in the past and were forced to economise for a few years. It looks like they are getting impatient again, so will need watching for FFP breaches over the coming seasons. 

Looking very likely that Plymouth will be ending the season on 80 points in League One, but won't make the playoffs. I don't think it's happened before that a team needed so many points to make it into the Top 6 in that league. Hopefully it's not as difficult next season.