Live football thread.

Rev

13 hours ago, Anon said:

In my opinion even De Gea is massively overrated. Don't get me wrong he's still a very good 'keeper, but he gets away with everything and Man U fans always make excuses for him. I think it's because most of them have never witnessed another United 'keeper in a team so poor that he actually had to face more than a few shots per game. Goalkeepers who face lots of shots will usually make a couple of excellent saves, that doesn't mean they're infallible.

De Gea gets beaten at his near post, "F'in hell Maguire!"

De Gea gets sat on his backside and chipped, "Shaw, you fat lazy git!"

Will United fans ever get tired of seeing him do that hopeless defeated shrug every time he gets beaten? He isn't a leader. Schmeichel probably wasn't as good a shot stopper, but he knew how to marshal his defence.

This!!

ive been saying this for years, the bloke is so overrated it’s criminal. 

Chelsea vs Arsenal has been the best game than I’ve seen for weeks in the premier league. Two teams trying to play football, giving each other a bit of needle and both making errors for the other side to take advantage of. Neither are consistent to be top sides but they go for it. 

As a neutral give me more games like that than the type of football Liverpool of Citeh produce

The Burnley versus Southampton game has just stopped at 40 minutes for a prearranged break to allow the players observing Ramadan to take on some nutrition - admittedly it was only a 2 minute break, but could they really not survive for another 5 minutes until half time?

Edited by Gaspode

51 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Only one point behind now after beating my local shower. 

They're doing it for the interim boss, Michael Jackson.... ?

image.png.b4c63242b5794c47615b0e057a14cdfb.png

I’d kind of like Burnley to stay up, given the options, because a) it really losses off the other clubs up there, and b) it means Everton go down, and I have nothing against Everton really, but it’s always interesting to see the downfall of a pretty big club, like when villa went down.

But, it will annoy me that this’ll make it look like sacking Dyche was a good a decision, which I don’t think it was. I’m pretty sure Burnley would have had the same results with Dyche in charge.

Given Burnley’s run in vs Everton’s, and Burnley’s ability to grind out a result when they need one, I was always pretty confident they’d make up the 4pts on Everton, and still am. 

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’d kind of like Burnley to stay up, given the options, because a) it really losses off the other clubs up there, and b) it means Everton go down, and I have nothing against Everton really, but it’s always interesting to see the downfall of a pretty big club, like when villa went down.

But, it will annoy me that this’ll make it look like sacking Dyche was a good a decision, which I don’t think it was. I’m pretty sure Burnley would have had the same results with Dyche in charge.

Given Burnley’s run in vs Everton’s, and Burnley’s ability to grind out a result when they need one, I was always pretty confident they’d make up the 4pts on Everton, and still am. 

Everton have played their easy game against manure..... ?

11 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Which is potentially a massive problem for us. They wont stick with Lampard if they drop and there is only one name that'll be in the frame for it.

I'm not convinced.

Regardless of his very recent "Thanks, but no thanks"...

They would be looking to bounce straight back up, with no excuses, and will no doubt go for someone with history, experience, and confidence.

He, on the other hand, will not be needing the pressure of such a task, and wouldn't want to risk having a "Sacking due to failure" on his CV, at this very early stage of his managerial career.

Despite our relegation, and the expectation of some fans, I seriously doubt he would be in a similar "Do or Die" scenario with us next season, purely due to the circumstances.  We WILL have excuses, if we fail to bounce straight back up!  

47 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Which is potentially a massive problem for us. They wont stick with Lampard if they drop and there is only one name that'll be in the frame for it.

Nah. If they went down I actually think they would stick with Lampard. He's got a proven record in the championship and developing younger players. And even if they did get rid of him, they wouldn't go for Rooney. He is the same mould of manager, young and inexperienced. Why would they do that? They may as well just stick with Lampard. If they did sack him the next manager will be someone with more experience for sure.