Live football thread.

Rev

17 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Liverpool absolutely tearing Utd to shreds and their second goal was one of the most beautifully created goals I’ve ever seen.

I can’t believe how far Utd have fallen, saying that Liverpool are just ridiculously good

Frightening how quickly and under control Liverpool can pass it around.

Saying that, United are like statues. It’s hilarious that they spent over £200m on Pogba, Maguire and Wan-Bissaka combined.

United only have one genuine top quality player out there and that’s De Gea. 

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Saying that, United are like statues. It’s hilarious that they spent over £200m on Pogba, Maguire and Wan-Bissaka combined.

It’s madness, I also don’t believe for a second that Pogba went off injured. Genuinely looked like he bottled it and took himself off, either that or he just couldn’t be arsed to chase shadows for 90 minutes because he knows he’s off in a few weeks. 

Maguire would struggle to get in our side!

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

It’s madness, I also don’t believe for a second that Pogba went off injured. Genuinely looked like he bottled it and took himself off, either that or he just couldn’t be arsed to chase shadows for 90 minutes because he knows he’s off in a few weeks. 

Maguire would struggle to get in our side!

I thought the same.

Having grown up watching United bully referees, spend more money than anyone else and score a whole bunch of lucky last-minute goals I do quite enjoy their plight.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I thought the same.

Having grown up watching United bully referees, spend more money than anyone else and score a whole bunch of lucky last-minute goals I do quite enjoy their plight.

Fergie looked like he was about to burst, not a happy chap, must be hard to see his 20+ years of hard work and success flushed down the toilet in a few short years

Yeah, Man U’s biggest problem is their defence but I still think that not building their attack play around Sancho and Lingard at the start of the season was a mistake. In that those two were there ready to prove a point but have never been allowed to really unleash themselves. Instead they’ve given that role to Fernandes who in terms of gameplay offers a big load of nothing.

But that defence has been exposed time and again tonight.

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Fergie looked like he was about to burst, not a happy chap, must be hard to see his 20+ years of hard work and success flushed down the toilet in a few short years

He got out at the perfect time as the squad he left Moyes was done and in need of a rebuild.

The problem United have had is their rebuild has been woeful. They identified English players like Shaw, Maguire, Sancho and Wan-Bissaka and paid ridiculous fees for players who aren’t good enough for where they want to be.

Then throw in your likes of Lindelof, Bailly, Fred, Telles, Matic, Van de Beek and Dalot for another couple of hundred wasted.

Pogba is a decent player but needs a high-pressing midfield around him. Instead he’s got arm-waver Fernandes. Varane is injury prone, Cavani is old and Ronaldo was just a commercial signing.

I don’t think the gap between Liverpool and United has ever been as big (this side of the millennium). Even when Liverpool were down in 6th and 7th and United were winning the league, the difference in quality on the pitch was never this wide. 9-0 on aggregate. Wow.

Edited by Bris Vegas

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

In my opinion even De Gea is massively overrated. Don't get me wrong he's still a very good 'keeper, but he gets away with everything and Man U fans always make excuses for him. I think it's because most of them have never witnessed another United 'keeper in a team so poor that he actually had to face more than a few shots per game. Goalkeepers who face lots of shots will usually make a couple of excellent saves, that doesn't mean they're infallible.

De Gea gets beaten at his near post, "F'in hell Maguire!"

De Gea gets sat on his backside and chipped, "Shaw, you fat lazy git!"

Will United fans ever get tired of seeing him do that hopeless defeated shrug every time he gets beaten? He isn't a leader. Schmeichel probably wasn't as good a shot stopper, but he knew how to marshal his defence.

13 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

He got out at the perfect time as the squad he left Moyes was done and in need of a rebuild.

The problem United have had is their rebuild has been woeful. They identified English players like Shaw, Maguire, Sancho and Wan-Bissaka and paid ridiculous fees for players who aren’t good enough for where they want to be.

Then throw in your likes of Lindelof, Bailly, Fred, Telles, Matic, Van de Beek and Dalot for another couple of hundred wasted.

Pogba is a decent player but needs a high-pressing midfield around him. Instead he’s got arm-waver Fernandes. Varane is injury prone, Cavani is old and Ronaldo was just a commercial signing.

I don’t think the gap between Liverpool and United has ever been as big (this side of the millennium). Even when Liverpool were down in 6th and 7th and United were winning the league, the difference in quality on the pitch was never this wide. 9-0 on aggregate. Wow.

Man United have the most expensive squad assembled in world football. They are a joke.