Live football thread.

Rev

47 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Seems like Mourinho has brought the Real Madrid ways to Roma.

Protest every decision. Crowd the referee. Wave imaginary cards. Scream at anything and roll around on the floor wherever possible.

There is a will to win. But there is also just downright pathetic behavior. 

I only watched the second half of extra time. It took 26 minutes. They need a fine for this. Awful.

Play acting, Cheating, Gamesmanship, Feigning injury, Time wasting, Surrounding the referee and 4th official, 13 bookings, the game took almost 3 hours to complete...It's been a while since I stayed up this late.

One perfect record had to fall with Mourinho having previously won all five of the European finals he had been in, and he was left throwing his losers medal to a child in the crowd as Sevilla celebrated.

"That's what I did, I don't want silver medals. I don't keep silver medals, so I gave it away," Mourinho said.

"I want to stay at Roma but my players deserve more, I deserve more. I don't want to fight anymore for that. I'm tired of being a coach, a communicator, the club's spokesperson."

Mardy!

2 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Anthony Taylor..."you're a f***ing disgrace"...says Mourinho...Not a fan of Refs but I thought Taylor did a good job in those circumstances.

I think Taylor did quite a good job in a match that was very difficult to ref.  Got one corner decision wrong and obviously gave a penalty to Sevilla before he corrected the decision following a VAR intervention. But in real time those calls were exceptionally difficult. I can't think of any other mistakes he made. Mourinho just has to lash out at something...otherwise he has to come to terms with his team losing and playing horrible football.

I must say I can never begrudge Jose a defeat. 

Stuttgart v Hamburg tonight on sky sports mix, promotion/relegation play off 1st leg. Poor Hamburg thought they had been promoted on Sunday, with the team above them losing going into injury time... goals at 90+3 and 90+9 stole the promotion from their grasp after there had already been a pitch invasion from joyous Hamburg fans celebrating their promotion 😂

Some shots I took of the celebrations here in Seville last night. Missed the open top bus parade unfortunately due to work. Agree with much of the above; Roma embarrassing but a poor match overall. Sevilla have struggled for much of this season but we know how to get the job done in this tournament it seems. Also had lots of fun ridiculing my Real Betis-supporting students today. I love this city 🙂

IMG_20230601_010023.jpg

IMG_20230601_021904_956.jpg

IMG_20230601_005144.jpg

Edited by Pottig
Added

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

This is terrible. And stems from Jose Mourinho urging his players to crowd the referee and try to bully him.

So glad they lost now. 

You could also see him gesturing to his staff to get up and go to the touchline as he had a break from it. 

Anders Frisk retired from refereeing after death threats from Chelsea fans inspired byMourinho.