Season tickets

Woodley Ram

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My preference would be 5 but on a limited budget I can’t afford £90 to watch all the matches. Option 3 isn’t much help as my health means I won’t be having a season ticket next year but that’s the one I need to choose to get the games for free.

I normally get a free childs ticket with my adult ticket when i purchase a rams squad membership. Therefore my son has his own fan id.

Can i fill the form out and choose option 3 using his id then option 2 20% using my fan id?

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I normally get a free childs ticket with my adult ticket when i purchase a rams squad membership. Therefore my son has his own fan id.

Can i fill the form out and choose option 3 using his id then option 2 20% using my fan id?

Once you have completed and submitted the form- there is a link to submit another form and you can enter a different ID and choose any option. I did this for myself and my Dad. 

48 minutes ago, archram said:

My preference would be 5 but on a limited budget I can’t afford £90 to watch all the matches. Option 3 isn’t much help as my health means I won’t be having a season ticket next year but that’s the one I need to choose to get the games for free.

If you want to watch the games but also let the club keep your refund then option 3 sounds like a good compromise. You get your games and club don’t have to either refund you or honour your 10% discount.

58 minutes ago, archram said:

Surely Option 1 is best for you if you're not getting an ST next season. Bigger refund and just a mere £45 for RamsTV if you can get yourself abroad ?

Here are my 2 considered options, and the value to the club, based on my Adult Cat D ticket @ £388, and my long standing intention to renew.  Also consider that, under non-covid conditions, I would spend precisely £0 on RamsTV.

Option 5:   19/20 ST £388.00... No refund.  I worry slightly about what might happen next season, so let's say I go with this option, and don't bother getting a season ticket for 20/21.  Total income to the club = £388.00 over the 2 seasons.

Option 3:  19/20 ST £388, less 9 x RamsTV games @ £10 = £90.  19/20 balance (to the club) = £298.00.  20/21 ST £388 less 10%.  20/21 balance (to the club) £349.20.  Total income to the club = £647.20 over the 2 seasons.

Chances are, I would have settled for no refund for 19/20 and accepted the 9 free RamsTV games... But the club wouldn't know that!

Chances are, I MIGHT have settled for no refund for 19/20, No discount for my 20/21 renewal, and accepted the 9 free RamsTV games... but the club wouldn't know that!

Option 3 is a gamble on the club's part, but how many are likely to opt for option 3, and then not renew?  I'd be very surprised if it was more than one!  So I would suggest the club is odds on to make money with that option.

Option 5 guarantees the club some extra income for 19/20 (effectively the £65.96 discount that I refuse to accept) (17% of my £388).  But it guarantees nothing for 20/21.  Particularly with things currently remaining so unpredictable. 

They need folk to be pre-paying.  They need money in the bank.  They need commitment from us.  They need to tempt us to spend.
I totally get why they have structured the options in the way in which they have.

I think it is also fair to say that my figures are well below the average, as they are the second cheapest seats, and there's not many in that category.  I should imagine the club's income from most others going for option 3 would be higher than they'll be making from me! 

I also suspect option 3 will prove to be "The most popular choice", when the final figures come in!

?

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Obviously I respect you decision but:

Cost of Rams TV is not an unknown. Free if you select option 3 or £10 a game to everyone else.

Availability is unknown I guess but I am confident it will have the capacity.

Discounts on next season is surely the current offer on the assumption we will be let back in (which I doubt we will. Certainly not initially). If they are still behind closed doors then I would have thought the club (along with every other club) will have to revise the offer.

Whether it’s the best option obviously depends on whether you want to watch all/some of the behind closed doors games at £10 a pop. 

Well I reckon my ticket costs more than £20 a game so buying ramstv would be cheaper. 
if sky broadcast our game will the game still be available on ramstv?

1 hour ago, Ramaway said:

Once you have completed and submitted the form- there is a link to submit another form and you can enter a different ID and choose any option. I did this for myself and my Dad. 

Thanks, but I assume you and your dad have actual season tickets? Whereas my sons in technically 'free' with a £30 rams squad membership + adult ticket

I have asked the club but no response yet. Surely they cannot accept option 3 based on a free season ticket?

It’s a shame that we don’t know if next season is going to happen in terms of attending home games which stops me buying a season ticket ( which I have done for 30 plus years ) maybe I will just get one when we are actually allowed back in or at worst on a game by game basis ( although I usually miss 3-4 with a season ticket) so maybe I will save money - who knows. I can’t get enthusiastic about football behind closed doors to watch it live or even be bothered to pay £10 a game ( but I might have if there was a real atmosphere at a ground) 

27 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Well I reckon my ticket costs more than £20 a game so buying ramstv would be cheaper. 
if sky broadcast our game will the game still be available on ramstv?

No.

45 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Even less reason to go for that option.

Agree, I'm amazed that the rules haven't been relaxed in the circumstances.

Sky can show each team a maximum of 6 times, leaving 3 exclusive games on the club's chosen streaming network.

We already know the Preston game is on Sky, safe to assume Forest and Leeds will be too.

Probably WBA as well, and depending on how things shape up the last game Vs Brum could well be picked, and it's looking like 5 games maximum at best.

All play off games exclusive to Sky too.

32 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Agree, I'm amazed that the rules haven't been relaxed in the circumstances.

Sky can show each team a maximum of 6 times, leaving 3 exclusive games on the club's chosen streaming network.

We already know the Preston game is on Sky, safe to assume Forest and Leeds will be too.

Probably WBA as well, and depending on how things shape up the last game Vs Brum could well be picked, and it's looking like 5 games maximum at best.

All play off games exclusive to Sky too.

More games on Sky, less income for clubs? (Potentially - I’m not sure what a club gets when it’s on sky or if that deal has now changed).

On 07/06/2020 at 16:20, ThePrisoner said:

You have to remember they are trying to sell season tickets. You may opt to give them your money but there’s no certainty you would buy next season. With a discount however, it’s far more likely you’d commit. 

Also fairly certain the 10% will be in the form of a discount code so whether you use it or not is up to you. 

Fair play - you were correct. 

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

More games on Sky, less income for clubs? (Potentially - I’m not sure what a club gets when it’s on sky or if that deal has now changed).

From memory it's not much extra over and above the TV money already allocated.

I think if, and only if, you are a STH and pick option 3, then you can watch the Sky games via RamsTV as per the article below.

Sky Sports will broadcast 30 of the remaining 108 Championship matches alongside exclusively showing the 15 games across all EFL divisions in the Sky Bet Play-Offs. The 30 live League fixtures will also be streamed on a Club’s iFollow (or equivalent) service, where access will be provided exclusively for Season Ticket holders.

Supporters should note the following:

Access to the games will be determined by the Club where the supporter holds a Season Ticket

Access may be in lieu of a refund or part of a wider package as determined by each individual Club

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/06/efl-statement-sky-bet-championship-returns-to-sky-sports

So in our case the club are giving access in lieu of a refund as part of a wider package by picking option 3.

For any Sky customers the thing to weigh up is how many exclusive RamsTV games there would be access to ie. the non Sky games that are part of the package to option 3er's which are the ones also available for everyone else to buy individually for £10 (UK) or £5 (International).

At the minute it's the first 2, but will be at least 3 (I'm sure I read somewhere Sky can show a maximum 6 out of 9), so it will be at least £30 value (UK pricing).

2 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

No.

This isn’t true. Sky games are also available on Rams TV for season ticket holders. They’re not usually, but they are during this. 

“Sky Sports will broadcast 30 of the remaining 108 Championship matches alongside exclusively showing the 15 games across all EFL divisions in the Sky Bet Play-Offs. The 30 live League fixtures will also be streamed on a Club’s iFollow (or equivalent) service, where access will be provided exclusively for Season Ticket holders.”

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/06/efl-statement-sky-bet-championship-returns-to-sky-sports

Archived