Season tickets

Woodley Ram

3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I have split here , I would like option 3, and my other half option 2, however we have paid for the 20/21 season in full, so will they give me a refund to the value of 15% of the two 20/21 tickets.

also I would have loved a hospitality option. That said I think it’s well thought out 

I hope they do, that's exactly what we have gone for.

Funnily enough, we said we are going to put the refund on one side and put it towards a hospitality package when we can.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I’m in danger of this being an unpopular post but here goes.

my first reaction was to opt to waive any refund etc & let the club keep the money. Football & the club mean a lot to me & always have. But now I’ve started to think, the club needed to get its finances in order a long time ago & why are players negotiating for better deals after being offered new contracts, rather than doing their bit for the club? I am a huge Chris Martin fan too but really - negotiating a better deal, sorry but I find that a bit disappointing. I was really glad to read in the club’s email that players etc are taking a wage deferral. That’s not the same as any of them waiving their wages though is it.

when you consider what Nigel Clough has done for Burton, it puts it into perspective.

i haven’t made my mind up yet, I’m just sharing my thoughts, so be kind with any responses ? who knows, I might opt for the refund & donate it to a charity. There are numerous good causes desperate at the minute 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Nishfan said:

my first reaction was to opt to waive any refund etc & let the club keep the money. Football & the club mean a lot to me & always have. But now I’ve started to think, the club needed to get its finances in order a long time ago & why are players negotiating for better deals after being offered new contracts, rather than doing their bit for the club? I am a huge Chris Martin fan too but really - negotiating a better deal, sorry but I find that a bit disappointing. I was really glad to read in the club’s email that players etc are taking a wage deferral. That’s not the same as any of them waiving their wages though is it.

when you consider what Nigel Clough has done for Burton, it puts it into perspective.

i haven’t made my mind up yet, I’m just sharing my thoughts, so be kind with any responses ? who knows, I might opt for the refund & donate it to a charity. There are numerous good causes desperate at the minute 

In fairness we don't know what he has been offered, I think its very unlikely hes trying to get a better deal to what he is on today, I think its likely he feels the deal we have offered could be better.

But I do understand your sentiments about footballers earning huge money while many of us have had reduced salaries through this crisis but being asked if we would like to contribute some of it freely to facilitate topping up the bank balances of the already wealthy.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

I haven’t a clue, not at all involved in that side of things. 

Do you know what you will be doing yet re commentary and the pundit teams? Will you be at the ground or doing it by 'zoom' or something similar?

1 hour ago, Nishfan said:

Of course you’re entitled to this view.

However I do feel it’s entirely the prerogative for a player to try and obtain the best contract he can - possibly his last as a professional footballer.

Its still their job and 98% of us would still try and get the best deal we can get from our employer.

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

The only option with Rams TV included is option 3.

I’ll be genuinely shocked if this is the case and I’m almost sure it won’t be.

Otherwise you’re effectively saying to season ticket holders who want to let the club keep the money that there is no option to pay full price next season and have this season’s last four home games swapped in place for Rams TV.

Thats actually throwing money away in my opinion by applying the 10% off for next year instead of charging full price.

28 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I’ll be genuinely shocked if this is the case and I’m almost sure it won’t be.

Otherwise you’re effectively saying to season ticket holders who want to let the club keep the money that there is no option to pay full price next season and have this season’s last four home games swapped in place for Rams TV.

Thats actually throwing money away in my opinion by applying the 10% off for next year instead of charging full price.

It says it’s the case on both pages. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Do you know what you will be doing yet re commentary and the pundit teams? Will you be at the ground or doing it by 'zoom' or something similar?

We’ll be at the ground for home games, and off-tube for away games as has been the case all season. 

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Unless, as a ST holder, you choose option 3 of course. In which case each game costs £0

That's not quite true though. If you choose not to have Rams TV, you get an extra 10% off next season's season ticket. So the 9 games will cost 10% of your season ticket cost. 

11 minutes ago, ram59 said:

That's not quite true though. If you choose not to have Rams TV, you get an extra 10% off next season's season ticket. So the 9 games will cost 10% of your season ticket cost. 

If you want to be pedantic, technically it is true. One of the features and benefits of Option 3 is free viewing of all remaining games which is what I said. It just so happens their is another option with a higher discount but no RamsTV.

If I choose option 3 (as I will) how much will it cost me to watch the games on RamsTV? Answer = £0. Again, exactly what I said.

There seems to be a lot of ambiguity about the packages with more questions than answers. I’ll also be emailing the club for some clarification, specifically,  If I go for option three, am I obliged to buy a season ticket or is the 10% discount just an offer if I want to use it? I just want to watch the rest of this season games. They can keep my money if they offer me that  

1 hour ago, admira said:

There seems to be a lot of ambiguity about the packages with more questions than answers. I’ll also be emailing the club for some clarification, specifically,  If I go for option three, am I obliged to buy a season ticket or is the 10% discount just an offer if I want to use it? I just want to watch the rest of this season games. They can keep my money if they offer me that  

Me too

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

Got a precise link buddy? I can’t see this anywhere.

Technically, with the exception of option 3, all other options do not mention Rams TV.
Nowhere does it say "This option does not include Rams TV", or "Option 3 is the only available option that includes Rams TV", so it wouldn't be possible to provide a specific link to such a statement.

None of the options offer a free pie, or a free match day programme, so it has to be assumed we will get neither? 

"2019/20 Season Ticket Holder

Option 1: 17% Pro-rated Refund for 2019/20 Season

Option 2: 20% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal

Option 3: 10% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal Plus Free RamsTV Subscription for Home and Away Behind Closed Doors Matches

Option 4: Vouchers for 4 x 2020/21 Season Home League Match Tickets

Option 5: No refund required, please consider it my contribution to the club"

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/06/Derby-county-refund-and-exchange-policy

Sith Happens

I have done mine, number 3.

Don't know if will get to use the 10% for next season mind.

Just had a thought, wonder IF (i know its a massive and unlikely IF) we get to the play offs will those be included in the Rams TV Package too?

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I have done mine, number 3.

Don't know if will get to use the 10% for next season mind.

Just had a thought, wonder IF (i know its a massive and unlikely IF) we get to the play offs will those be included in the Rams TV Package too?

They are included in Sky's main live matches, so assume the streaming of them are also included in the deal between the broadcasters/EFL/Clubs.

However, the individual clubs may argue that ST's don't cover PO's, so neither does any ST package/deal that involves free streaming?  Would certainly be good to see some clarification though.   

As much as I love Mel to bits, If I was a betting man, I'd go for a "no".

Archived