Season tickets

Woodley Ram

I have paid for 2 season tickets for next season and has no worry about paying for them in the current climate.

i also have 2 season tickets for this year which have games left on them.

if the season is called to a halt what would season ticket holders expect?

- nothing let Derby keep the money 

- a refund for the games not played

- some type of deal as compensation such as reduction on hospitality, free FA cup games or discounted clothing.

i would go for the 3rd option but what would you prefer 

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I have paid for 2 season tickets for next season and has no worry about paying for them in the current climate.

- some type of deal as compensation such as reduction on hospitality, free FA cup games or discounted clothing.

Option 3 or free Rams TV coverage if played behind closed doors 

I don’t think there’s a right or wrong answer here, it depends on everyone’s circumstances.

for me personally, I’ve been able to work from home all through this crazy covid times so I’m lucky enough to be able to say they can keep this seasons.

if however I was to get a call from work tomorrow saying they’re furloughing me (or heaven forbid making me redundant) And the money could make a difference to my family then I’d probably want the refund

40 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I’m glad you have brought this up. I would like something from the club to explain their situation or what they plan on doing. Also are the club expecting fans to pay out quite a lot of money in these uncertain times to pay players on 10 times the money we are earning and not even get to see the games. What is happening??

Really they should give a pro-rata refund as they’ve been unable to deliver all the games people paid for (through no fault of their own of course). However, personally I understand that may be difficult to do financially speaking in the current climate, so I’d be happy with some other sort of compensation - a “virtual season ticket” including all remaining games on RamsTV and maybe a free shirt for next season for example. Fully understand if others want a cash refund mind, they’re entitled to one.

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I noticed the other week that a direct debit had gone out of my account for my season ticket.

Does that mean I have automatically renewed my ticket or is that something I have to do manually?

I know I was setup for auto renewal. If I wanted to cancel I had to email the club. Perhaps the same for you?

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I know I was setup for auto renewal. If I wanted to cancel I had to email the club. Perhaps the same for you?

Is that for the payment or the ticket as well?

Not bothered about the money just wondered if my ticket had renewed or not.

Like I have said some fans are losing jobs and only getting 80% of their wages. We don’t seem to be seeing the rest of the games this season but are we expected to renew based upon this uncertainty as to whether we can go to the games? If the club says it’s beyond their control they can jog on next season until things are within their control.

"TICKETING T&Cs":

"3.2.12 All Season Ticket holders that pay for one Season Ticket on one direct debit will form part of our auto-renewal process. Therefore, if you fall into this category and you do want to renew your Season Ticket, this will happen automatically. All relating correspondence will be sent to you in the usual way and your seat will be secured at the early bird rate. For those supporters who do not want to renew their Season Ticket and fall into this category, you will need to opt out. To opt out, please email direct-debits@dcfc.co.uk or write to us, addressing your opt-out letter to Finance Department, Pride Park Stadium, Pride Park, Derby DE24 8XL. Please note, if you pay for more than one Season Ticket on one direct debit, you will not be included in the auto-renewal process and you will need to renew your season ticket via the usual methods."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ticketing-useful-information?k=fe88ed3b36b97f746b0b1dc4af36319a1d64204e

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

How do you know if you are set up for automatic renewal?

See my post two above yours.

If you have a single ST for this current season (19/20) on DD, you will auto renew for 20/21, unless you opt(ed)* out of the renewal.  Your renewal price will be the "early bird" price.

If you had more than one ST all on the same DD (for 19/20), then it won't auto renew for 20/21.  You'd have to renew in the normal way.

*I've no idea exactly when auto-renewal kicks in, or when the cut of date is/was for opting out. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

See my post two above yours.

If you have a single ST for this current season (19/20) on DD, you will auto renew for 20/21, unless you opt(ed)* out of the renewal.  Your renewal price will be the "early bird" price.

If you had more than one ST all on the same DD (for 19/20), then it won't auto renew for 20/21.  You'd have to renew in the normal way.

*I've no idea exactly when auto-renewal kicks in, or when the cut of date is/was for opting out. 

I had reminder email on 9th April giving me just under a week to respond if I wanted to cancel my auto-renewal - deadline on the 15th.

54EB2105-D27B-4FF3-A22E-4267F908CBAB.thumb.jpeg.4183d64aeec29244e41a22aa2dc60733.jpeg

I auto renew every year so I am currently paying for next season.

The way I see it is, I have always worked out 40 odd quid a month for season ticket, if that money helps keep the club ticking over until we go back to normal then so be it, I dont want the cash back but I do trust the club to put fans right somehow.

As Pearson said in his interviews, Mel has continuously put money into the club and has never taken anything out, as a fan worth about as much as Mikel Beck at 40, this is my way of saying to Mel, thanks, here is my bit.

Fortunately it looks like I didn’t set up a direct debit. 
I think it’s a bit naughty to take the money without prior notification.

6 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

I’m glad you have brought this up. I would like something from the club to explain their situation or what they plan on doing. Also are the club expecting fans to pay out quite a lot of money in these uncertain times to pay players on 10 times the money we are earning and not even get to see the games. What is happening??

I think Stephen Pearce referred to it on his interview on ramstv a couple of days ago. Basically they are developing options and asked us to bear with them. It will probably become clearer as it becomes clearer whether the season will be played out, or not, behind closed doors, or not, and what the likely options are for next season. 

Archived