Season tickets

Woodley Ram

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

They are included in Sky's main live matches, so assume the streaming of them are also included in the deal between the broadcasters/EFL/Clubs.

However, the individual clubs may argue that ST's don't cover PO's, so neither does any ST package/deal that involves free streaming?  Would certainly be good to see some clarification though.   

As much as I love Mel to bits, If I was a betting man, I'd go for a "no".

I dont think so either and to be honest will be happy to pay if we do get there, which i doubt. I cant remember if Rams tv broadcast them last season, im guessing not but then this is a totally different situation.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Nishfan said:

I think I’m in danger of this being an unpopular post but here goes.

my first reaction was to opt to waive any refund etc & let the club keep the money. Football & the club mean a lot to me & always have. But now I’ve started to think, the club needed to get its finances in order a long time ago & why are players negotiating for better deals after being offered new contracts, rather than doing their bit for the club? I am a huge Chris Martin fan too but really - negotiating a better deal, sorry but I find that a bit disappointing. I was really glad to read in the club’s email that players etc are taking a wage deferral. That’s not the same as any of them waiving their wages though is it.

when you consider what Nigel Clough has done for Burton, it puts it into perspective.

i haven’t made my mind up yet, I’m just sharing my thoughts, so be kind with any responses ? who knows, I might opt for the refund & donate it to a charity. There are numerous good causes desperate at the minute 

I am not critical of players looking at future deals as at the end of the day the club has the opportunity to say no and both parties go their separate ways. The reason I have opted not to donate the balance to the club is because the players only took a deferral rather than a short term pay cut which could have been a small % not to have much impact on them. They are within their rights to do so but as its the main club expense I will not be donating money of which the majority will go to the players when i've had to take a cut during this time.

9 hours ago, rammieib said:

Got a precise link buddy? I can’t see this anywhere.

EFL statement (also available on club website)
https://www.efl.com/news/2020/june/sky-bet-championship-returns-to-sky-sports/

Sky Sports will broadcast 30 of the remaining 108 Championship matches alongside exclusively showing the 15 games across all EFL divisions in the Sky Bet Play-Offs. The 30 live League fixtures will also be streamed on a Club’s iFollow (or equivalent) service, where access will be provided for Season Ticket holders.

Supporters should note the following:
Access to the games will be determined by the Club where the supporter holds a Season Ticket
Access may be in lieu of a refund or part of a wider package as determined by each individual Club

Which brings us to the wider package determined by Derby County as follows...
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/06/Derby-county-refund-and-exchange-policy

2019/20 Season will be resumed behind closed doors and broadcast by a combination of EFL broadcast partners and RamsTV - with specific details to follow - albeit with no decision yet on the start date or advisory regarding potential social distancing requirements for the 2020/21 Season, the club is offering the following for supporters unable to use their ticket, membership and/or parking permit for the remaining matches.

2019/20 Season Ticket Holder
Option 1: 17% Pro-rated Refund for 2019/20 Season
Option 2: 20% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal
Option 3: 10% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal Plus Free RamsTV Subscription for Home and Away Behind Closed Doors Matches
Option 4: Vouchers for 4 x 2020/21 Season Home League Match Tickets
Option 5: No refund required, please consider it my contribution to the club

I've highlighted the bits in bold in both quotes that make it clear you will only get Rams TV (worth £90 for the remaining matches) by selecting Option 3. You forgo free Rams TV for the remaining matches by taking money back for the rest of this season/a bigger discount for next season/vouchers or no refund at all.

One issue that may have been previously covered - I know someone in Europe who watches our Rams TV games regularly. Whilst the Rams TV coverage is excellent it's not always easy to get an uninterrupted stream ( buffering or even just getting logged in ) so I hope that the club has taken steps to ensure that the login capacity has been massively increased to cope. 

I'm a little confused (which isn't that difficult...) as to what course of action I need to take as someone who has *already* renewed for next season. I'm not fussed about getting a refund for 19/20 but I'd quite like the RamsTV access. If the only option to gain this access is option 3, obviously I'm not going to be able to renew if I've already done it, right? Or would that get me a retroactive 10% discount? If I just don't bother filling in the form am I still classed as a "season ticket holder" for this season and does that gain me anything? 

1 minute ago, nuclear said:

I'm a little confused (which isn't that difficult...) as to what course of action I need to take as someone who has *already* renewed for next season. I'm not fussed about getting a refund for 19/20 but I'd quite like the RamsTV access. If the only option to gain this access is option 3, obviously I'm not going to be able to renew if I've already done it, right? Or would that get me a retroactive 10% discount? If I just don't bother filling in the form am I still classed as a "season ticket holder" for this season and does that gain me anything? 

I’d be stunned if:

1) You didn’t still have to register for option three. Without doing so, I doubt you’ll automatically get access to the remaining games

2) You didn’t still get the 10% refund. I can’t believe that anyone that has already renewed is going to be disadvantaged 

So, my laymen’s advice would be: Register for option three well in advance of the first game, wait for your 10% refund/discount and chase the club for it if not received before the new season starts.

1 hour ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

As my daughters season ticket was free (under 12) i take it there is no option to take. Will I still have to register her ticket?

I’m guessing for those who have a paid for ticket who don’t want to strike a deal, or are simply happy to go with option 5, they don’t specifically need to respond... although a response does clarify matters to the club of course. 

Maybe on a technicality, should your daughter not qualify for an u12 ticket next season, she may get the discount in opt 2, or the discount + RamsTV in opt 3?  Ignore that if she will remain u12 though, I guess. (Assuming you’re planning on getting another freebie for 20/21).

Similarly she may even qualify for the match vouchers in opt 4, but again it’s a technicality, and I’d also assume that any vouchers would only match the category anyway, so highly doubtful.

My “technicality” is based on the wording thus far, of course.

I’m sure there will be some official clarifications and small print T&C’s coming out of the club in the next few days, as more and more questions get raised, and more and more folk email the club with their own specific situations and uncertainties. 

4 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Do the above options work on the assumption that we will be able to attend all next seasons games??

I would say yes at this stage, as literally nobody on earth knows how 20/21 is going to pan out. 

Any future deals to be struck for next season can only be mooted once we know how many (home) games get played behind closed doors. That currently stands at “Anywhere between zero and 23 inclusive”!

Far too many different potential scenarios to even begin to contemplate at this stage. 

All guesswork on my part, of course. 

Sith Happens

my 81 yo dad is going for the refund as has never done rams tv without me, so it's a bit much for him.

hopefully the weather will be kind and I can set up some of outdoor space so he can come watch at mine.

11 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

my 81 yo dad is going for the refund as has never done rams tv without me, so it's a bit much for him.

hopefully the weather will be kind and I can set up some of outdoor space so he can come watch at mine.

If the weather ain't too good, leave a brolly by your window and open the blinds.  Reduce his contribution to a fiver a game, so he has nothing to moan about!   

??

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

If the weather ain't too good, leave a brolly by your window and open the blinds.  Reduce his contribution to a fiver a game, so he has nothing to moan about!   

??

I might feel a bit guilty him sat outside freezing in the rain as I sit in my shorts sweating because the wife has the central heating blasting out. 

I'll lob him a can of beer out the window at half time though. 

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

I might feel a bit guilty him sat outside freezing in the rain as I sit in my shorts sweating because the wife has the central heating blasting out. 

I wouldn't do that if I were you... unless you're happy for him to pi55 up your outside wall!   ?

In all seriousness though mate, I truly envy you guys (and gals, for that matter!*) that have or do share the footy with their dad (And/or their mum, for that matter!*). 
Mine was never into footy, and it's not something I have experience of (not even a single game) and besides, I'd only been going to matches for 6 years myself, before he left me as an orphaned 18 year old... surrounded by 4 sisters, and no brothers, to boot!  (There's a comma in there... I would never advocate booting your brother (Or sister, for that matter!*)

There's a lot of envy from these quarters, and I don't care who knows it.  Savour every moment, my friend.  I suspect it's far more special than many people realise, until it's too late!

??

*Not a sexist bone in my body, y'know... nor a violent streak towards siblings, for that matter!  ?

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

I wouldn't do that if I were you... unless you're happy for him to pi55 up your outside wall!   ?

In all seriousness though mate, I truly envy you guys (and gals, for that matter!*) that have or do share the footy with their dad (And/or their mum, for that matter!*). 
Mine was never into footy, and it's not something I have experience of (not even a single game) and besides, I'd only been going to matches for 6 years myself, before he left me as an orphaned 18 year old... surrounded by 4 sisters, and no brothers, to boot!  (There's a comma in there... I would never advocate booting your brother (Or sister, for that matter!*)

There's a lot of envy from these quarters, and I don't care who knows it.  Savour every moment, my friend.  I suspect it's far more special than many people realise, until it's too late!

??

*Not a sexist bone in my body, y'know... nor a violent streak towards siblings, for that matter!  ?

I know, I'm dreading the day we can't do it anymore,  it's why I want to find anyway we can to share the experience.  provided it's safe of course. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Make sure he gets his beer two minutes before the second half kicks off, and tell him he can’t look at the football until he’s necked it. 

5 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

EFL statement (also available on club website)
https://www.efl.com/news/2020/june/sky-bet-championship-returns-to-sky-sports/

Which brings us to the wider package determined by Derby County as follows...
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/06/Derby-county-refund-and-exchange-policy

I've highlighted the bits in bold in both quotes that make it clear you will only get Rams TV (worth £90 for the remaining matches) by selecting Option 3. You forgo free Rams TV for the remaining matches by taking money back for the rest of this season/a bigger discount for next season/vouchers or no refund at all.

Thanks for the above - I just think the club on Option 5 will be allowing DCFC TV..

My reasoning is there currently isn't a clear option for a fan to say "I'm happy for the club to keep my money for this season in return for Rams TV but come next season, I'm more than happy to pay full price".

The nearest option to this is option three, at which point the club is giving 10% away when some fans would be willing to pay for the full amount for next years ST. So that seems a little crazy to me.

Either way - I'm pretty sure the club will come out tomorrow and clarify the questions - they've probably been keeping an eye on social media over the weekend and will release a list of FAQ's on Monday to clear up any confusions.

41 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Thanks for the above - I just think the club on Option 5 will be allowing DCFC TV..

My reasoning is there currently isn't a clear option for a fan to say "I'm happy for the club to keep my money for this season in return for Rams TV but come next season, I'm more than happy to pay full price".

The nearest option to this is option three, at which point the club is giving 10% away when some fans would be willing to pay for the full amount for next years ST. So that seems a little crazy to me.

Either way - I'm pretty sure the club will come out tomorrow and clarify the questions - they've probably been keeping an eye on social media over the weekend and will release a list of FAQ's on Monday to clear up any confusions.

You have to remember they are trying to sell season tickets. You may opt to give them your money but there’s no certainty you would buy next season. With a discount however, it’s far more likely you’d commit. 

Also fairly certain the 10% will be in the form of a discount code so whether you use it or not is up to you. 

I've chosen Opt.3 for ST holders. Not renewed yet, would like to potentially move seats in the same stand and also pay monthly, so who knows if and what the next steps are... however I cannot bloody wait to watch us play again, despite in being on the TV ?

On 07/06/2020 at 10:27, SamUltraRam said:

One issue that may have been previously covered - I know someone in Europe who watches our Rams TV games regularly. Whilst the Rams TV coverage is excellent it's not always easy to get an uninterrupted stream ( buffering or even just getting logged in ) so I hope that the club has taken steps to ensure that the login capacity has been massively increased to cope. 

Yes, I also have a friend who watches in Europe.

chin scratch no GIF by Australian Survivor

Archived