Season tickets

Woodley Ram

As a non-season ticket holder, but home member half-fan, I'm a little disappointed. Under normal circumstances, l would have expected to get to 3 of the 4 remaining matches - including one for free, which I was owed. So that probably would have been worth something like £40. And that's not counting the discount on the inevitable home play-off match ?

I was hoping they'd offer me a discount on the remaining matches on RamsTV. But instead I get £7. 

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, admira said:

Just seen the latest from DCFC. Current ST holders at all EFL clubs will be able to watch remaining matches for free. That wasn’t made clear in their original post 

I think the EFL were simply referring to the fact that a broadcasting deal had been struck, to allow the clubs to be able to stream the games live in the UK.  It was then up to individual clubs to decide how to incorporate that within any deals with their fans (current STH's), as to how those fans could access the streams.  
Some may well offer a full (Pro rata) refund, PLUS streaming access for all remaining games.  Highly doubtful of course, but they can if they so wish.

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think the EFL were simply referring to the fact that a broadcasting deal had been struck, to allow the clubs to be able to stream the games live in the UK.  It was then up to individual clubs to decide how to incorporate that within any deals with their fans (current STH's), as to how those fans could access the streams.  
Some may well offer a full (Pro rata) refund, PLUS streaming access for all remaining games.  Highly doubtful of course, but they can if they so wish.

I think it's going to kick off - I think lots of people will think Option 5, and think (from the EFL post) that they'll get free Rams Player.  Which I agree with you, isn't the case - only free with Option 3.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Admirable.

If anyone can sort me out with a visa and travel documents to allow me to travel abroad on match days, I'd almost certainly follow suit. 

As it is, I wouldn't have a clue where to start... And don't say TUI... I've already been in and asked... They didn't have a clue what I was on about!    ?

5 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

I think it's going to kick off - I think lots of people will think Option 5, and think (from the EFL post) that they'll get free Rams Player.  Which I agree with you, isn't the case - only free with Option 3.

Anyone reading the EFL post should also have spotted... "Access may be in lieu of a refund or part of a wider package as determined by each individual Club"

In other words... "Now we have agreed broadcasting rights, see your own club's announcements for details"!  

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Admirable.

If anyone can sort me out with a visa and travel documents to allow me to travel abroad on match days, I'd almost certainly follow suit. 

As it is, I wouldn't have a clue where to start... And don't say TUI... I've already been in and asked... They didn't have a clue what I was on about!    ?

I don’t think that will be necessary. You only need to make a trip abroad when the club aren’t allowed to stream the games in the UK (i.e. any non-midweek games). As the EFL have lifted that restriction due to the current situation (I think), you can watch in the UK without any last minute trips. If you haven’t chosen Option 3, it will be £5 or £10 per game (usually one of those two).

1 hour ago, sage said:

I don't want to take money out of the club, but having 4 vouchers means my non- STH friends who have lost wages or jobs through all this can still come to the odd game next season. 

Thanks Sage ?

16 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Admirable.

If you jump on the quiz tomorrow with us I’ll tell you how you can fly. Yes that’s blackmail but what you gonna do ?

Sith Happens

I was going to go option 6 buy a round of drinks for the players,  then I gave it some thought and realised I'm not prepared to remortgage my house. 

?

Big ? to the club for that imo. While the original EFL statement seemed fair in terms of making sure season ticket holders get to watch all remaining games one way or another, I was a little concerned that fans in higher priced ticket categories were being treated unequally if it was just a straight exchange of a season ticket for a RamsTV subscription. Having sky at my parents house makes a difference as well, as I’ll watch their coverage of any of our games that they choose, as their coverage is better than RamsTV. 

The way the club have structured things has eliminated all of those concerns, and given fans pretty much every choice they could want as far as I can tell. Very well done to whoever drew that up. In fact, they seem to have gone with very similar options to those suggested on here in a thread a few weeks back... maybe sometimes we do know what we’re talking about!?

After having done the calculations, option 3 works out best for me, assuming we’re on sky a maximum of three times.

Sith Happens

it would be great if @David could setup one of those sharing sites where you can all chat and watch rams tv, be a great place for us all to fall out with each other ?

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

it would be great if @David could setup one of those sharing sites where you can all chat and watch rams tv, be a great place for us all to fall out with each other ?

We “could” open up the Zoom chat to accompany the games if there is interest for it. Can’t share the stream for obvious reasons but if people have 2 devices, one to watch the game and another for Zoom.

Whilst everyone makes their own decisions on what to do it’s worth noting, especially for those of us who go to work when the EFL and sky have said these games are going to be 

because 5pm 6pm 8pm on a Tuesday or Wednesday might not do it for a lot of people whilst the Saturday and Sunday games are fairly standard for the championship which is being squeezed in around the premiership 

Would have liked an option 6....  I would like the club to donate my money to the NHS and local charities or the lowest paid club staff who have lost 20% of their wages.  Reckon  this would have got plenty of votes, although anyone uncertain of work should take the refund and not feel any embarrassment for doing so. I loathe the inclusion of option 5. It’s sole purpose is to try and make people feel bad for taking the refund.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Option 1 scenario you are suggesting only works if normal RamsTV subscribers will be able to watch the games and this offer isn't restricted to those that have chosen to forego a refund. My guess is it will (and should be) restricted.

Maybe I'm wrong but, I thought UK RamsTV subscribers can't currently (well, when games were actually taking place) watch home games live let alone away games.

Usually it’s the Saturday 3pm games and those on TV which aren’t viewable in the UK. It seems those restrictions will be lifted whilst fans aren’t allowed in the stadiums. 

Archived