Season ticket renewals (Deadline extended)

Tamworthram

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, superzak said:

Im 60 years old pal i dont do mardy right. I do respect...and i think cocus team last night did not show any respect to the fans. Yes the kids played well...but a full house against Man Utd when we could have stood a chance of making it to the next round by playing our strongest team was unforgivable. Sunday we could have played all the kids and given the first team a rest and everyone would have understood that decision. I will still be going as usual next season but i will be picking and choosing my games. Thank you 

People have all sorts of reasons for renewing or not renewing, having a season ticket or not. People dont know the backstory of someone and there is real trend on here for people to viciously criticise anyone who dares to not have a season ticket for whatever reason. It doesnt mean that Superzak isnt the most passionate singing fan when he does go to Pride Park or when listening to the radio or just frantically refreshing a twitter page at home between 3 and 4.45 on a Saturday. The most passionate and loyal Derby fan I know has never set foot in Pride Park. If some of this negative critical energy was expressed in supporting the team and other fans we may be in a better place. Just get over yourselves

59 minutes ago, superzak said:

Im 60 years old pal i dont do mardy right. I do respect...and i think cocus team last night did not show any respect to the fans. Yes the kids played well...but a full house against Man Utd when we could have stood a chance of making it to the next round by playing our strongest team was unforgivable. Sunday we could have played all the kids and given the first team a rest and everyone would have understood that decision. I will still be going as usual next season but i will be picking and choosing my games. Thank you 

Yes. I can just see it now: Play a full strength team last night and, being realistic would probably still have lost, put the kids out on Sunday and lose again. I’m sure everyone would be happy with that scenario. 

1 hour ago, superzak said:

What do you think our strongest side is? To some, we were only weaker at CB and Martin in for Sibley. Sibley was MOTM and Evans was no worse than Wisdom or Davies. So we're down to Clarke vs Forsyth. Despite one being much better than the other, it's hardly being disrespectful.

8 hours ago, superzak said:

Well cocu is doing a good job considering and plus my dad is 65 and he is get his for £290 he never moans just because we lost. And that young team more than matched man utd.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I wonder if the club will make any changes to the ST renewal plans?

Feels a bit ridiculous to be expecting people to shell out £400+ notes when none of us have a scooby as to what will be going on with next season (or even this season!)

I suspect they may extend the deadline for renewals depending on what happens over the next couple of weeks. 

You’re right, it is a lot of money at this time when people are having to take mortgage breaks due to the loss of hours, at the same time the club is a business that relies heavily on the revenue generated through ticket sales. 

Also FFP to consider. You would hope the EFL would make allowances for this given the circumstances, but this is the EFL....have to see what Steve Gibson thinks first. 

47 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

You’d think the club would have to give us an extra couple of months to renew until we have a duck what’s going on. Difficult to justify throwing money at something you have no idea about right now. 

Season ticket money could be good for cash flow and paying wages  if match day income has gone.

15 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Season ticket money could be good for cash flow and paying wages  if match day income has gone.

Indeed, I guess the point is that it's not just the situation with football that is up in the air - it's everybody else's personal circumstances too

I'm not sure how anyone can feel secure in their finances right now - just too many unknowns

For those that have already renewed then it's a moot point, but I imagine a large proportion of ST holders normally leave it till near the end of the deadline before stumping up

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I have renewed 

But I am not a happy person right now.

Put things in perspective, you've seen what Wayne Rooney thought of being asked to risk his family playing football when the threat of coronavirus is all around.

I'll be waiting until D-1... D being Deadline day, of course.

I'm hoping/presuming deadline day will be extended anyway, some time between now and mid-April?

Let's face it, how can we be expected to renew something that hasn't actually expired yet, and as it stands, nobody knows when or even if it will expire! 

Yes, we have new season tickets, away tickets at Preston in the dcfc 'bank' at the moment. Plus two tickets for Forest Green Rovers that we are now never going to attend as it is likely any rearranged date won't suit us.

I just think we have to accept it as part of the fallout of this situation and am consoling myself by thinking how much money I won't be spending on football - or going out generally - over the next few weeks. 

The bigger uncertainty for me is what happens to work over the same time. Will I be able to go in? (Should I?) Will I get paid if I  don't? 

At the moment I am happy to let DCFC keep my money. I may change my mind later if the financial situation worsens.

Archived