Season ticket renewals (Deadline extended)

Tamworthram

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/02/2020 at 10:46, MACKWORTHRAM said:

First time in 26 years of having a season ticket that I'm considering not renewing.

Not because of where we are in the league because we've been in a lot worse states and I've never considered not going. 

One thing is I don't really know what's going on at this football club at the minute. Investment is ongoing? Then the guys company gets wound up? We could do with Morris coming out and explaining. He doesn't need to name names. Just reassure fans about this investment which is quite clearly needed. 

But the main thing is football in general. It's turning into a TV Sport. Our last Saturday home game at 3pm was on the 15th February. We now have no more. That is absolutely disgusting. Midweek games on the red button are ruining it. People won't rush to get home from work, look out the window it's cold, wet and windy. It's so easy to just stay at home and watch it. I'm it saying this is something I would do, but people will. If you want to look at the state of football and what this red button is doing. Wigan took 50 fans to Reading midweek. Yes I know Wigan are a small club. But 50 fans? That's wrong. 

Last night me and a friend were watching the football and we're discussing this. So we went over the 23 home games. 

This season out of 23 home games:-

Saturday 3pm kick off - 7

Date or kick off time moved for TV - 6

Midweek games - 6

Saturday 1pm (Police reasons) - 2

Sunday (moved because FA cup game on a Thursday) - 1

Easter Monday - 1.

You can see all midweek games on TV and 6 games that were originally at 3pm on a Saturday got moved either by date or kick off time for TV. 

So that means out of the 23 home games this season. You could have watched 11 on TV.

Say an average ticket price for our games over a season is £25. (It may be more) but my season ticket is £432 which works out at an average of £19 a game. 

So if you watched the 12 games on TV and bought tickets for the 11 that weren't on TV at an average of £25 a game. That would cost me £275 a season. Saving me £157 (Based on my season ticket being £432)

Football is being ruined by TV. It's as simple as that and it's breaking me.

I know people who work shifts. Who aren't renewing cos of it. They've rightly said that they can watch most on TV and the ones that aren't they'll get a ticket for. They still wouldn't miss a game either by being there or watching at home and in this day and age when money is tight (I live by myself) £157 is a lot of money.

Excellent post and you are absolutely right it is turning into a TV sport and it is being ruined by TV. I understand reasons for people not wanting to renew, financial, shift work, travelling especially mid week, mobility, boredom, etc... Each to their own,  But for me I want to watch live games and preferably on a Saturday at 3o'clock. As i hate the way football is all about TV these days i will do the same as every year renew and do not give a penny to Sky. football clubs matter to the local communities in this country, a lot. Pay TV doesnt.

7 hours ago, Owd miner said:

I got that seat cause club said they not lerrin folk who have sat in that area previous renew cause sky have been on and said they wont ta see good looking folk ont camera when I pans onta Derby bench .. 

Gonna have to put your teeth in on a regular basis now mate?

On 29/02/2020 at 10:46, MACKWORTHRAM said:

First time in 26 years of having a season ticket that I'm considering not renewing.

This season out of 23 home games:-

Saturday 3pm kick off - 7

Date or kick off time moved for TV - 6

Midweek games - 6

Saturday 1pm (Police reasons) - 2

Sunday (moved because FA cup game on a Thursday) - 1

Easter Monday - 1.

Absolutely agree. These are the reasons as a long distance ST, I'm not planning to renew. Working full time and having a three hour drive ahead of me knocks out these Saturday games moved to Friday and Monday nights.  The night time diversions on the A14 makes for a very late night home on midweek games too. I  can't justify the outlay for so few Saturday 3pm games.

5 minutes ago, admira said:

Absolutely agree. These are the reasons as a long distance ST, I'm not planning to renew. Working full time and having a three hour drive ahead of me knocks out these Saturday games moved to Friday and Monday nights.  The night time diversions on the A14 makes for a very late night home on midweek games too. I  can't justify the outlay for so few Saturday 3pm games.

I particularly feel for long distance fans like you, admira, with the ridiculous way the fixtures are these days.

For me, it's an inconvenience,  nothing more, but fans like you - and many others - the efforts that you make to get to home games are impressive enough even before this constant messing around with the kick offs. I feel for you all.

6 hours ago, admira said:

Well by home membership then mate plus you get 20 percent off tickets

22 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Maybe the club could look at the feasibility of a season ticket that just covers weekend games, with the option of buying an individual ticket for the midweek games.

That would be pretty hard to manage with Sky and Bt moving games as and when they want.

30 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Maybe the club could look at the feasibility of a season ticket that just covers weekend games, with the option of buying an individual ticket for the midweek games.

Get lost

Season ticket means during the season and that means mid week.

So no early bird period.  Just any time between now and August, but my seat is only reserved until end of April?  I can live with that, and a price-freeze is never a bad thing.  £388 for me, as a multi-season renewal, in Cat D (NE Corner).  

I'm in.*

Also, it's a no-brainer for me.  As someone else hinted at, I've nothing better to do with my free time, be that Saturday afternoons, Friday nights, midweek, or Sundays. 
I'll miss whatever happens during the first two weeks of September due to holidays, but I'm now in the habit of also taking two weeks early June, instead of very late May, so no play-offs to miss out on, as in the past (last season was my first chance to take to Wembley way!)
Weekends away, of which we do a fair few, are usually (but not always strictly) worked around the fixture lists (haven't done away games for a good 4 or 5 years now).
Add in the 30 minute walk from home to turnstile, and it all adds up to being a fool not to go for it.  I don't even care if we go down... although I'd prefer not to, and not expecting to, of course.

So glad it's an easy call for me... I don't envy those further away, what with all the fixture changes these days.

*Actually I'm not, just yet... but I will be before April is out!  

34 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

10 minutes ago, ossieram said:

That would be pretty hard to manage with Sky and Bt moving games as and when they want.

No it wouldn't... it would be nigh on impossible!  ?

Archived