Season ticket renewals (Deadline extended)

Tamworthram

I’m going to wait to see if I’m still alive before renewing.

Don’t want my last words to be “see if you can get a refund”

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
5 hours ago, Srg said:

If this season doesn't finish, will we get money back for all the games we paid for?

Perhaps it should be an option 

A) receive a refund for games missed, and all positions classed as final so current top 2 get promoted etc

B) Get no refund and season classed as void and we all piss ourselves laughing over Leeds not getting promoted 

On 16/03/2020 at 12:34, SchtivePesley said:

I wonder if the club will make any changes to the ST renewal plans?

Feels a bit ridiculous to be expecting people to shell out £400+ notes when none of us have a scooby as to what will be going on with next season (or even this season!)

Not exactly Mystic Meg material I know, but it's not very often I'm right (currently doing laps of the garden and blowing kisses to you all)

12 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Not exactly Mystic Meg material I know, but it's not very often I'm right (currently doing laps of the garden and blowing kisses to you all)

Shooting fish in a barrel springs to mind steve?

19 hours ago, Srg said:

If this season doesn't finish, will we get money back for all the games we paid for?

It would be pretty disappointing if the club used the Coronavirus as a way to stiff their season ticket holders in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, rustylee said:

It would be pretty disappointing if the club used the Coronavirus as a way to stiff their season ticket holders in my opinion.

In what way do you think they could or would do that?

I can’t imagine there is anything worse they’re likely to do other than not refund anything if the season isn’t completed. As I’ve said earlier, I for one would just accept that without any complaints whatsoever. I certainly wouldn’t consider that as stiffing the season ticket holders.

2 hours ago, rustylee said:

I would

I assume you’re replying to my statement that I wouldn’t consider it as stiffing season ticket holders if they didn’t refund in the event of the season not being completed.

The way I see it: people are losing their lives, people are losing loved ones, people are losing (temporarily) their freedom, people are losing their jobs, people and businesses (including DCFC) are losing income.

If I come through this having made one minuscule sacrifice, compared to what others will have been through, by not getting the full benefit from my season ticket then I’m OK with that. If my little bit helps the club through this difficult time (by not burdening them with having to process and pay out refunds) that’s fine with me. At the very least, it’s none of the clubs doing and they will already face increased financial challenges.

Sounds like you have a different view.

Dare I say it, but if it ever does happen, perhaps this might be another test of who the true supporters are.

27 minutes ago, rustylee said:

I do have a different view if the season isn’t finished or the remainder played behind closed doors I think clubs should refund season ticket holders for the remaining games. 

Legally, I don’t think they have to. Morally, they probably should if they could. Under the circumstance we (including the club) all face, I don’t think they should. I would be happy for them  to keep the money in order to help OUR club recover.

Out of interest, how long have you been a season ticket holder (assuming you are)?

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Legally, I don’t think they have to. Morally, they probably should if they could. Under the circumstance we (including the club) all face, I don’t think they should. I would be happy for them  to keep the money in order to help OUR club recover.

Out of interest, how long have you been a season ticket holder (assuming you are)?

I accept that legally they don’t have to but I think they should . I have had a season ticket for the past 19 seasons.

2 minutes ago, rustylee said:

I accept that legally they don’t have to but I think they should . I have had a season ticket for the past 19 seasons.

Fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their view. Yours and mine differ though. I guess you’d be happy with club facing a bill to refund 17% of all season ticket sales revenue then.

Just now, rustylee said:

If it means we sign one less player in the next transfer window and we see more of Sibley, Ebosele,Brown,Buchaneon etc I would be happy enough.

These things pay for the tea ladies, the cleaners, the receptionists too. Those not on £20k a week. 

3 hours ago, rustylee said:

If it means we sign one less player in the next transfer window and we see more of Sibley, Ebosele,Brown,Buchaneon etc I would be happy enough.

Turn around. What if it meant we had to sell one of our young talent (Bird, Knight, Sibley etc) to help balance the books? Would you be happy? 

Archived