Season ticket renewals (Deadline extended)

Tamworthram

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Price freeze, and everything exactly the same as last year by the looks of it, in terms of discounts, sale periods etc. Haven’t made a big deal about them going on sale with videos etc like in previous years, unsurprisingly given how this season has gone, but fair play for not putting the prices up. I’m due the biggest renewal discount as well which is pretty decent.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Price freeze, and everything exactly the same as last year by the looks of it, in terms of discounts, sale periods etc. Haven’t made a big deal about them going on sale with videos etc like in previous years, unsurprisingly given how this season has gone, but fair play for not putting the prices up. I’m due the biggest renewal discount as well which is pretty decent.

Yep. Can’t complain about the price freeze. Same as you, I’ll get the multi season discount again. No brainier for me. I can afford it and have little better to do on a Saturday afternoon, Tuesday evening, Friday evening, Sunday lunch time etc etc so I’ll be renewing regardless of any transfer embargo and whatever division we’re in.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Yep. Can’t complain about the price freeze. Same as you, I’ll get the multi season discount again. No brainier for me. I can afford it and have little better to do on a Saturday afternoon, Tuesday evening, Friday evening, Sunday lunch time etc etc so I’ll be renewing regardless of any transfer embargo and whatever division we’re in.

Indeed. I’m working full time in Leeds next year which makes things a bit more expensive in terms of travel etc, but when you’re a football fan, you’re a football fan. If it’s possible to make a match, I’m not gonna turn down the chance.

First time in 26 years of having a season ticket that I'm considering not renewing.

Not because of where we are in the league because we've been in a lot worse states and I've never considered not going. 

One thing is I don't really know what's going on at this football club at the minute. Investment is ongoing? Then the guys company gets wound up? We could do with Morris coming out and explaining. He doesn't need to name names. Just reassure fans about this investment which is quite clearly needed. 

But the main thing is football in general. It's turning into a TV Sport. Our last Saturday home game at 3pm was on the 15th February. We now have no more. That is absolutely disgusting. Midweek games on the red button are ruining it. People won't rush to get home from work, look out the window it's cold, wet and windy. It's so easy to just stay at home and watch it. I'm it saying this is something I would do, but people will. If you want to look at the state of football and what this red button is doing. Wigan took 50 fans to Reading midweek. Yes I know Wigan are a small club. But 50 fans? That's wrong. 

Last night me and a friend were watching the football and we're discussing this. So we went over the 23 home games. 

This season out of 23 home games:-

Saturday 3pm kick off - 7

Date or kick off time moved for TV - 6

Midweek games - 6

Saturday 1pm (Police reasons) - 2

Sunday (moved because FA cup game on a Thursday) - 1

Easter Monday - 1.

You can see all midweek games on TV and 6 games that were originally at 3pm on a Saturday got moved either by date or kick off time for TV. 

So that means out of the 23 home games this season. You could have watched 11 on TV.

Say an average ticket price for our games over a season is £25. (It may be more) but my season ticket is £432 which works out at an average of £19 a game. 

So if you watched the 12 games on TV and bought tickets for the 11 that weren't on TV at an average of £25 a game. That would cost me £275 a season. Saving me £157 (Based on my season ticket being £432)

Football is being ruined by TV. It's as simple as that and it's breaking me.

I know people who work shifts. Who aren't renewing cos of it. They've rightly said that they can watch most on TV and the ones that aren't they'll get a ticket for. They still wouldn't miss a game either by being there or watching at home and in this day and age when money is tight (I live by myself) £157 is a lot of money.

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

First time in 26 years of having a season ticket that I'm considering not renewing.

Not because of where we are in the league because we've been in a lot worse states and I've never considered not going. 

One thing is I don't really know what's going on at this football club at the minute. Investment is ongoing? Then the guys company gets wound up? We could do with Morris coming out and explaining. He doesn't need to name names. Just reassure fans about this investment which is quite clearly needed. 

But the main thing is football in general. It's turning into a TV Sport. Our last Saturday home game at 3pm was on the 15th February. We now have no more. That is absolutely disgusting. Midweek games on the red button are ruining it. People won't rush to get home from work, look out the window it's cold, wet and windy. It's so easy to just stay at home and watch it. I'm it saying this is something I would do, but people will. If you want to look at the state of football and what this red button is doing. Wigan took 50 fans to Reading midweek. Yes I know Wigan are a small club. But 50 fans? That's wrong. 

Last night me and a friend were watching the football and we're discussing this. So we went over the 23 home games. 

Midweek games - 6

Easter Monday - 1.

You can see all midweek games on TV and 6 games that were originally at 3pm on a Saturday got moved either by date or kick off time for TV. 

So that means out of the 23 home games this season. You could have watched 11 on TV.

Say an average ticket price for our games over a season is £25. (It may be more) but my season ticket is £432 which works out at an average of £19 a game. 

So if you watched the 12 games on TV and bought tickets for the 11 that weren't on TV at an average of £25 a game. That would cost me £275 a season. Saving me £157 (Based on my season ticket being £432)

I know people who work shifts. Who aren't renewing cos of it. They've rightly said that they can watch most on TV and the ones that aren't they'll get a ticket for. They still wouldn't miss a game either by being there or watching at home and in this day and age when money is tight (I live by myself) £157 is a lot of money.

Totally agree I work shifts and won't be renewing 7 Saturday 3pm out of 23 is the final straw 

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Midweek games - 6

Easter Monday - 1.

Excellent post and spot on. Added to your summary there’s a good chance some of our remaining home games will be on TV also (Red Dogs & Dirties) and they’ll have been more home games on TV than not.

Think it was one of the bigger Prem sides about who it was stated they could play to an empty stadium and still make a profit from the game!?!? Even in the Championship it’s becoming less about the fans who actually go and watch games and more about income from those who don’t.

Worrying times ahead.

Midweek games - 6

Easter Monday - 1.

Great post. I'm a proper half fan but try to get to 3 or 4 home games a season, a couple with my kids too.

It's not easy to get to games that aren't 3pm on a Saturday and difficult to justify the expense in travelling when the games are also on tv.

Man U will be my first home game of the season and probably last unless we get another cup match.

Also a shame as our home record is really good and love seeing the youngsters coming through.

Who signed off on the stupid red button midweek matches too? 

1 minute ago, Hector74 said:

Totally agree I work shifts and won't be renewing 7 Saturday 3pm out of 23 is the final straw 

Maybe the club could look at some sort of Saturday 3pm season ticket? Maybe you get half the number of league games over a season and a small window to confirm your ticket before going on general sale?

1 minute ago, Hector74 said:

It's disgusting really. I mean if 6 of them are always midweek. That's fine.

So that leaves 17 home games that aren't midweek.

So say 14 should be Saturday at 3pm.

(Leaving 3 off because Forest and Leeds at home are always early kick offs regardless of if they're on Tele or not and there's always a Good Friday or Easter Monday game)

So 50% of our home games have been moved to either an early kick off or to a different day for TV.

I’ve never understood the reason for playing Forest at 12 noon. 
Because supporters have more time to drink? It’s a pathetic excuse. 
So for about 500 fans who may be effected by alcohol, the other 31,000 have their day ruined. 
Absolutely no need for it at all. 

Just now, Abu Derby said:

So for about 500 fans who may be effected by alcohol, the other 31,000 have their day ruined. 

You mean so supporters have less time to drink am assuming 

11 minutes ago, BarbadosRam said:

Excellent post and spot on. Added to your summary there’s a good chance some of our remaining home games will be on TV also (Red Dogs & Dirties) and they’ll have been more home games on TV than not.

Think it was one of the bigger Prem sides about who it was stated they could play to an empty stadium and still make a profit from the game!?!? Even in the Championship it’s becoming less about the fans who actually go and watch games and more about income from those who don’t.

Worrying times ahead.

In all fairness with the Forest and Leeds games. They always kick off at 13:00pm on a Saturday and we know that from the start of the season.

Previous seasons they have sometimes been changed to a 12:30 kick off which doesn't make any difference.

It's also worth remembering that the 6 midweek games were always midweek and never changed. 

But still 7 out of our 14 games that were Saturday 3pm have moved. Which for me is unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Always down to the police. I presume it's cos supporters essentially have 2 hours left of drinking time. 

The game will finish about 3 and the police will try and get everyone on the train back straight away to avoid them going into Derby town centre at night.

Leeds is out last home game. You just know they'll be promoted by then and they'll come here for a party. Which makes me feel sick ?

Always down to the police. I presume it's cos supporters essentially have 2 hours left of drinking time. 

The game will finish about 3 and the police will try and get everyone on the train back straight away to avoid them going into Derby town centre at night.

Leeds is out last home game. You just know they'll be promoted by then and they'll come here for a party. Which makes me feel sick ?

Yeh and we're not out of the woods yet. Who would have thought when morris took over we could be in a relegation fight 

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I thought anyone with any sense wouldnt need any encouragement to avoid Derby town centre at night 

2 minutes ago, Hector74 said:

Yeh and we're not out of the woods yet. Who would have thought when morris took over we could be in a relegation fight 

I think there's too many teams between us and the bottom 3 for us to go down. 

We probably need 5-8 points to confirm safety. Which I'd like to think we'd get.

31 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Midweek games - 6

Easter Monday - 1.

That's me in a nutshell, For a few years now i've not enjoyed watching DCFC, What's the alternative, Staying in the pub on a match day, Keeping warm in winter on mid week games and watch on the red button, My ticket is £455, Money is not a problem it's the constant changing of games, Saturdays for me was pub match pub bus chippy home eat collapse on the settee wake up a few hours later then bed.

If the mood grabs me i'll re new, But at the minute i'm edging to not re new, The same for a few of my friends not all who meet at the pub.

Archived