Season ticket renewals (Deadline extended)

Tamworthram

43 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Maybe the club could look at the feasibility of a season ticket that just covers weekend games, with the option of buying an individual ticket for the midweek games.

The club should offer a resale service for games you can't attend.

Even if it just offered a £10 voucher for the shop or bars, in return for a ST seat, as long as they sell it, they could end up selling the same seat twice and make a bit more money, while the ST holder gets a little something back.

Everyone wins.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm sure you could have responded with a little less "aggression", @B4ev6is.  He was only trying to make a suggestion.   

peace and love GIF   

I dont pay my season ticket for nrothing and I dont think you should pay extra for home league games because tuesday and wednesday and very rarely on thursday.

18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont pay my season ticket for nrothing and I dont think you should pay extra for home league games because tuesday and wednesday and very rarely on thursday.

I think you've misunderstood, @B4ev6is.

I think... but I may be wrong... that what @1of4 was suggesting was:

You, me, and all the other locals can and will still go ahead and buy our season tickets... for all home games... as we do now.

Those that live a long way off, and struggle to get to mid-week evening games, would have the option to buy a season ticket for the weekend home games only, but maybe get priority to buy "their" same seat for mid-week games they can get to.  Of course, that wouldn't give them as good a deal as you and I get, as they wouldn't be committing to as many games, before the season starts.

I doubt this would ever be workable anyway, but I just thought your "Get Lost" was a tad harsh on @1of4, who I guess was just trying to come up with a solution for those long distant fans, who would like to make a pre-season commitment.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

So no early bird period.  Just any time between now and August, but my seat is only reserved until end of April?  I can live with that, and a price-freeze is never a bad thing.  £388 for me, as a multi-season renewal, in Cat D (NE Corner).  

I'm in.*

I've not read my renewal docs properly yet but I'm pretty sure that there'll be a price increase after 30 April, as a season ticket renewal after that point will lose the discount for multi year renewal.

47 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

You, me, and all the other locals can and will still go ahead and buy our season tickets... for all home games... as we do now.

Those that live a long way off, and struggle to get to mid-week evening games, would have the option to buy a season ticket for the weekend home games only, but maybe get priority to buy "their" same seat for mid-week games they can get to.  Of course, that wouldn't give them as good a deal as you and I get, as they wouldn't be committing to as many games, before the season starts.

I doubt this would ever be workable anyway, but I just thought your "Get Lost" was a tad harsh on @1of4, who I guess was just trying to come up with a solution for those long distant fans, who would like to make a pre-season commitment.

Like I said why dont they buy home membership were they can pick and choose.

24 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Thank you for explaining my thoughts so succinctly.  Do you do mind reading professionally or is it just a hobby.

As you say the idea is probably unworkable. But if the club start losing revenue, they'll look at the feasibility of how they can sell more tickets.

Now will you please get out of my head, I'm not use to anything rattling around in the void between my ears.

22 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I've not read my renewal docs properly yet but I'm pretty sure that there'll be a price increase after 30 April, as a season ticket renewal after that point will lose the discount for multi year renewal.

My take is that the only thing that splits period 1 from period 2 is the relocation week.  "Your" seat is reserved exclusively for you, until the end of period 1.  No guarantees that you can get the same seat after that, but of course you can still renew (during period 2).  You may just have to settle for a different seat.

As for pricing, their are 4 prices stated (for each age group):

(Most expensive first):

4/ First time buyers.
3/  Renewing for the first (consecutive) time, so first season ticket was for this current season.
2/  Renewing for the second (consecutive) time, so next season will be your third consecutive ST.
1/  Renewing for the third or more (consecutive) time. So have held a ST for at least since 17/18.

I can't find anything, either on the online ST page, or my bumf that I quickly scanned this afternoon, that references any price increase and/or loss of discount, at any stage or date?  In fact, in the latter, aimed specifically at me, my ID, and my seat details, it shows the one renewal price... no asterisk, no T&Cs apply, no small print added, no reference to dates etc.  (Other than the final date of 31st August, of course).

Either way, it won't affect me, as I intend to renew whilst my same seat is reserved, so before the end of April.  

*I'm assuming of course, that all renewals are based on being a ST holder for consecutive seasons.  If this current season was the first time in 30 years you hadn't had a ST, next season would start again as your first, not your 31st in 32 years!  

16 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Like I said why dont they buy home membership were they can pick and choose.

I don't know.  Perhaps I should allow you to discuss that with @1of4, and keep my nose out of other peoples private conversations. 
The sole point of my initial post to you, was actually to point out that you telling him to "Get Lost" was a little uncalled for... in my opinion.
Apologies for butting into someone else's conversation.  I should know better.

Consider me gone from this thread.

Up The Rams, and all that!  ?

16 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Thank you for explaining my thoughts so succinctly.  Do you do mind reading professionally or is it just a hobby.

As you say the idea is probably unworkable. But if the club start losing revenue, they'll look at the feasibility of how they can sell more tickets.

Now will you please get out of my head, I'm not use to anything rattling around in the void between my ears.

As above, apologies for poking my nose into others' conversations, where it's clearly not warranted, and clearly of no concern of mine.  I should know better, and not worry so much about other posters being told to "Get lost" when attempting to add to a discussion!

I will learn... eventually!  

29 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

My take is that the only thing that splits period 1 from period 2 is the relocation week.  "Your" seat is reserved exclusively for you, until the end of period 1.  No guarantees that you can get the same seat after that, but of course you can still renew (during period 2).  You may just have to settle for a different seat.

(Most expensive first):

4/ First time buyers.
3/  Renewing for the first (consecutive) time, so first season ticket was for this current season.
2/  Renewing for the second (consecutive) time, so next season will be your third consecutive ST.
1/  Renewing for the third or more (consecutive) time. So have held a ST for at least since 17/18.

I can't find anything, either on the online ST page, or my bumf that I quickly scanned this afternoon, that references any price increase and/or loss of discount, at any stage or date?  In fact, in the latter, aimed specifically at me, my ID, and my seat details, it shows the one renewal price... no asterisk, no T&Cs apply, no small print added, no reference to dates etc.  (Other than the final date of 31st August, of course).

Either way, it won't affect me, as I intend to renew whilst my same seat is reserved, so before the end of April.  

*I'm assuming of course, that all renewals are based on being a ST holder for consecutive seasons.  If this current season was the first time in 30 years you hadn't had a ST, next season would start again as your first, not your 31st in 32 years!  

Fair enough, I've not read it properly as I plan to renew in April.

35 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I don't know.  Perhaps I should allow you to discuss that with @1of4, and keep my nose out of other peoples private conversations. 
The sole point of my initial post to you, was actually to point out that you telling him to "Get Lost" was a little uncalled for... in my opinion.
Apologies for butting into someone else's conversation.  I should know better.

Consider me gone from this thread.

As above, apologies for poking my nose into others' conversations, where it's clearly not warranted, and clearly of no concern of mine.  I should know better, and not worry so much about other posters being told to "Get lost" when attempting to add to a discussion!

I will learn... eventually!  

No need for any apology. My attempt in thanking you in a humorous manner, seems to failed spectacularly.

So I'll just say a simple thank you, as I should have done in the first place.

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Calm down, it’s only a game.

A bloody important one at that, deffo will get my, fancy it being a good season next year, the youngsters a year older, Rooney playing the whole season, Cocu adding a few new players, it could be the season we actually get promoted, in football u must always hope, and aim high, its also in my DNA Youth. 

13 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

(Most expensive first):

4/ First time buyers.

2019/20 Season Ticket Holders will have their seat reserved for renewal up to 4pm Thursday 30th April 2020 after which they will be released and prices subject to increase.

Copied from the email

4 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

2019/20 Season Ticket Holders will have their seat reserved for renewal up to 4pm Thursday 30th April 2020 after which they will be released and prices subject to increase.

Copied from the email

Oh, good spot sir.

Sadly/embarrassingly, I have yet to see an email on this subject.  Probably as I'm only Cat D!  LOL

I don't have the posted bumf to hand until I get home later. 
The respective same line on the website currently states, and I quote:
2019/20 Season Ticket holders will have their seat reserved for renewal up to 4pm Thursday 30th April 2020 after which they will be released.

(Under general info...  
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/202021-season-ticket-prices-and-information?k=13196700eb2a8f7689ae6291b40098be757e5c06

Me thinks someones been reading this forum, and suddenly thought "Poo... We forgot to mention..."  Ha Ha!

Weirdly though, the posted bumf mentions nothing about discount periods, or how much my seat would/will cost, if I delayed renewal until after 30th April, which of course they could advise, re the specific Fan ID/Seat location etc.

Perhaps they haven't decided as yet, what that increase is going to be... if any! 
Maybe they even meant "subject to potential increase" and are awaiting investment confirmation and/or EFL sentencing, before throwing a figure at us!  

Still, at least we get a new card... I do like a nice new card!  :-)

I'm going to bow out for next season.

It's nothing against Cocu or co at all as I believe the season could well be a good one providing it all clicks into place, but as others have mentioned it's getting harder and harder to warrant a season ticket. I miss too many games to make it worth it and some games I get to feels like a chore because of arduous things I have to do before and after the game. I'd much prefer to pay for the games I can get to and make much more of an experience of it - I may even look at getting the home/away membership based on the price. 

I think without additional investment, which I doubt we will get, I'd suggest that the drop off could be considerable - perhaps looking at the lowest average we've ever seen at Pride Park next season. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oh, good spot sir.

Sadly/embarrassingly, I have yet to see an email on this subject.  Probably as I'm only Cat D!  LOL

I don't have the posted bumf to hand until I get home later. 
The respective same line on the website currently states, and I quote:
2019/20 Season Ticket holders will have their seat reserved for renewal up to 4pm Thursday 30th April 2020 after which they will be released.

(Under general info...  
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/202021-season-ticket-prices-and-information?k=13196700eb2a8f7689ae6291b40098be757e5c06

Me thinks someones been reading this forum, and suddenly thought "Poo... We forgot to mention..."  Ha Ha!

Weirdly though, the posted bumf mentions nothing about discount periods, or how much my seat would/will cost, if I delayed renewal until after 30th April, which of course they could advise, re the specific Fan ID/Seat location etc.

Perhaps they haven't decided as yet, what that increase is going to be... if any! 
Maybe they even meant "subject to potential increase" and are awaiting investment confirmation and/or EFL sentencing, before throwing a figure at us!  

Still, at least we get a new card... I do like a nice new card!  ?

I'm pretty sure last year there was no price increase after the first period for renewals, obviously weren't selling as well as hoped.

Archived