Season ticket renewals (Deadline extended)

Tamworthram

Sith Happens
22 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

The club should offer a resale service for games you can't attend.

Even if it just offered a £10 voucher for the shop or bars, in return for a ST seat, as long as they sell it, they could end up selling the same seat twice and make a bit more money, while the ST holder gets a little something back.

Everyone wins.

I think clubs like Barca do but i think to do this they would have to be selling out each week to do so to make it worth their while.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Only been on sake since saturday give it time they will pick up I am afaird have get used games being moved my love for Derby never fade.

I think he was referring to sales not being as swift as expected last year rather than this year. Hence why there was no price rise last year.

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'm going to bow out for next season.

It's nothing against Cocu or co at all as I believe the season could well be a good one providing it all clicks into place, but as others have mentioned it's getting harder and harder to warrant a season ticket. I miss too many games to make it worth it and some games I get to feels like a chore because of arduous things I have to do before and after the game. I'd much prefer to pay for the games I can get to and make much more of an experience of it - I may even look at getting the home/away membership based on the price. 

I think without additional investment, which I doubt we will get, I'd suggest that the drop off could be considerable - perhaps looking at the lowest average we've ever seen at Pride Park next season. 

The amount of games moved for SKY or BT is definitely going to decrease season ticket sales imo. I can see the club having to do part season/half season/six game bundles or the like to try and generate sales going forward. 

The whole dynamic is changing with the ability to watch games through streaming services. Not just Derby, this will impact many clubs.

We've probably been selected for TV more the last two seasons because of Frank and Wayne which ironically may well cause some ST holders not to renew.

I'm sure we will pick up some younger fans who may take the plunge to compensate but its not cheap, and young workers are often in low paid or insecure work and a £400+ investment is not easy to commit to.

With the likely break up of the SKY football domination into several streaming sites, more and more games will be available to watch without all the hassle and expense of turning out on weekday nights. 

Some traditional type fans will not renew as part of the football experience is meeting up with mates, having a few beers before or after a match (or both) making it a sociable event. Too many night games or silly kick off times make this type of experience more difficult.

If I was Mel I'd look at having a section in one of the stands available for walk ups or whatever the term is, for those who don't have a season ticket but might well make a few games at short notice if they could easily sit with a few like minded people. Maybe a section of unreserved seats so its first come first served, sit where you want....dunno, I'm sure its possible and may well encourage a good few as the season progresses and were doing well.

Anyway, I'll be there, Cocu and Rooney are giving me warm, fluffy feelings about next season ?

It's not particularly easy as you get older, either. I am now 62 and a part time worker but my season ticket is £522. It's a lot to find. There's a big drop in price at  age 65 to £340; no wonder there are a lot of older fans in the ground - that's much more affordable.

Although a lot of the older people round us just don't turn up to the evening kick offs, especially in winter. So they are losing out too.

23 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's not particularly easy as you get older, either. I am now 62 and a part time worker but my season ticket is £522. It's a lot to find. There's a big drop in price at  age 65 to £340; no wonder there are a lot of older fans in the ground - that's much more affordable.

Although a lot of the older people round us just don't turn up to the evening kick offs, especially in winter. So they are losing out too.

Blackburn game on Sunday is on the red button, My mate rang last night and asked if I wanted his ticket for anyone I know, Told him those who I know already go, Also those who I know will either will be at home and watch on the TV or in the pub boozing watching Man U and Man City.

On 02/03/2020 at 19:25, Mucker1884 said:

As above, apologies for poking my nose into others' conversations, where it's clearly not warranted, and clearly of no concern of mine.  I should know better, and not worry so much about other posters being told to "Get lost" when attempting to add to a discussion!

I will learn... eventually!  

Up The Rams, and all that!  ?

For someone whose humour is oft misinterpreted, you didn’t half misinterpret that one!

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

For someone whose humour is oft misinterpreted, you didn’t half misinterpret that one!

Quite!  Ha ha!
The perils of the written word v being sat face to face around a table in some backroom snug somewhere, I guess.
Every word is a risk for us all.  Some take more risks than others, of course!  (Snigger!)

I will be renewing, for as long as the cost is not prohibitive. I don't care how crap it is on the pitch, off the pitch, if nowt else, its time spent with the old man (and away from her indoors, amirite, lads?). He's not that old, but still counting my blessings.

I'm fortunate enough to live local, and work on the Dolly Parton. Can fully appreciate those working non-9-to-5 getting cheesed off at the constant ruination of the calendar by Sky.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Come on join us in the SW Upper.

Bargain at £342.

On 02/03/2020 at 08:27, admira said:

Absolutely agree. These are the reasons as a long distance ST, I'm not planning to renew. Working full time and having a three hour drive ahead of me knocks out these Saturday games moved to Friday and Monday nights.  The night time diversions on the A14 makes for a very late night home on midweek games too. I  can't justify the outlay for so few Saturday 3pm games.

Just go for the membership, has worked well for me for a number of years now. Getting home from midweek games is a bloody nightmare now. 

10 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Best place to sit IMO. Sat everywhere else and keep going back to the SW upper. Will be in there on Thursday.

It's a better view than I think people expect, I switched to there from the middle of the East Stand around 6 years back and got used to the change of viewing angle within a game or 2. Not a bad atmosphere normally too.

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm still undecided between the great view against the lack of atmosphere.

@Carnero - South West Corner could be a good shout - I'll try it in the next round of the cup!

My new seat has a generally poor view (cheapest price category), but it’s great when you score at our end and it’s surrounded by a constant positive atmosphere. Non-stop singing, even when the top of the South Stand give up.

That’s my experience after one game anyway, but I had heard all of the above before I bought my ticket, hence why I chose it.

4 hours ago, Carnero said:

Come on join us in the SW Upper.

Bargain at £342.

4 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Best place to sit IMO. Sat everywhere else and keep going back to the SW upper. Will be in there on Thursday.

4 hours ago, Carnero said:

It's a better view than I think people expect, I switched to there from the middle of the East Stand around 6 years back and got used to the change of viewing angle within a game or 2. Not a bad atmosphere normally too.

Must admit, I was surprised to see the SW Upper being the cheapest Cat E area (along with South lower). 

I distinctly remember being rather impressed on the couple of occasions I've taken to the SW Upper Corner... specifically Man Utd League Cup Semi (Blimey, is that 11 years ago now?  Jeeeezuz!), and maybe two others I can't remember. 
I actually commented to Muckerette yesterday that I may consider moving there, to save a few quid.  I'm used to being in a corner anyway, moving from SE Corner to NW corner, but always upper, for me.  Hate being too low down.

Maybe not this time, (We're getting quite pally where I sit, all being STH's) but next year, I reckon I might give it some serious consideration.

I've only had one poor seat... down by the dug-out... 2nd row... pissing it down...  extra dripping from the roof edge above... too low down to see the far pitch markings etc... and the most expensive seats I've had at PPS! 

Archived