Coronavirus

1of4

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

Honestly I’m not , I don’t know what is best way forward in terms of lock down or not ,what I am saying is it has to be clear thinking and clear communication from the top whatever way they think the science suggests is best

It can't be much clearer. STAY AT HOME as much as possible. 
Work, shopping (for necessities), and occasional exercise are the only exceptions. The number of people leaving home for work is gradually decreasing as there's an increase in the number of people capable of working from home.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get this.

I have a mate in Newcastle who has Parkinson's. In fact he had to go for a lumbar  puncture yesterday because he's been getting significantly worse and they needed to take brain fluid samples before the expected chaos of new patients kicks off.

His girlfriend has been sick for three weeks, but got a lot worse yesterday and was struggling with her breathing.

He called for an ambulance and they took her to hospital where she tested positive. They kept her in over night and released her this morning.

My mate asked to be tested because he's in a high risk group but because he's not showing symptoms they refused.

WTF, seriously?

A couple of things.

1. He says she's been unwell for 3 weeks, but that doesn't stack up with what they are saying about the progression.

2. If she has had it that length of time, how on earth would he not have caught it by now as they have been in his words 'intimate'

She knows/thinks she caught it off a woman on  train from Newcastle to London who had just got back from China.

Day 1 of a 3 week lockdown. This thread, this forum maybe the only contact some have with the outside world.

Can we just stop and think how we communicate with others, we’re all in this together in one way or another. 

There really is no need to be arguing, nor is it the time for political point scoring.

The depression and mental health thread on this forum is a glimpse of what is going on behind others keyboards, issues which may become more severe with the restrictions in force.

If you are about to type a post containing profanity towards other members, stop, logout and take some timeout. 

Whilst the world descends into chaos, let’s try and make this little corner of the internet a peaceful and pleasant place to hangout for everyone.

28 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Comment 1:
Totally ignoring my usual pedantry, anyone else find the irony in people writing "Bafoon/bafoonery" quite endearing.  Makes me go all warm and fuzzy!

Comment 2:
Yesterday early afternoon..."Knowing" what was coming later, nipped to Morrisons for those last few bits that will (hopefully!) now mean we can stay in for at least two weeks, if not three... Just about to load my items on the conveyor, when I realised something not to my liking... Yes, I can stay a good 2m away from the person in front... but not the person immediately to my right, who has just turned up at the adjacent conveyor, effectively in the same "aisle".  Nothing between us.  No more than 18 inches/2ft apart!  I quickly retreated, and went straight to a till that did not have an adjacent till open!  Why would they open 2 adjacent tills (sharing the same narrow approach), when less than half of them were open anyway... and why did the geezer even think it was a good idea to voluntarily come and stand so close to me anyway, when other tills were available?  Was he thinking his luck was in, finding a vacant till?

There's still a long way to go, ain't there!   

Buffoon/ buffoonery better for you ? Do we really have to go down this road time and time again with the spelling and grammar obsessive s needing to turn up a snooty nose pretence of being smarter ,, really sad mate and shows a lack of thinking,

you do know Paul Mac couldn’t read a note of music don’t you ?

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It can't be much clearer. STAY AT HOME as much as possible. 
Work, shopping (for necessities), and occasional exercise are the only exceptions. The number of people leaving home for work is gradually decreasing as there's an increase in the number of people capable of working from home.

SAFE DISTANCE POLICY?      Construction workers ok to work where it’s impossible and fill the the transport system to the ginnells 

1 hour ago, Van Wolfie said:

Anyone else had a text from the NHS (NHSNOREPLY) saying Stay at home?.

I've seen on the news today that Gov.uk were sending one but not the NHS.

My health issues haven't been on any list up to now but am now wondering if I'm high risk after all

Yes I have. I assume it was because I was hospitalised last August with pancreatitis that lead to surgery to remove gall bladder, hence I am on their records.

48 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Comment 1:
Totally ignoring my usual pedantry, anyone else find the irony in people writing "Bafoon/bafoonery" quite endearing.  Makes me go all warm and fuzzy!

i assumed this was some ghastly cross-breed between a baboon and a buffoon.

Or perhaps the poster was saying that Boris has a face like a baboons bottom - alternately red, pale and puffy......?

I think all work, unless it's to produce food or to keep essential services open, should stop. Definitely can't see the point of allowing construction work to carry on, unless it's to make a builing safe.

6 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Just going to work,I’m really interested to see what happens today.

Quieter,much more pleasant,plenty of stock in though still limits.

1 guest per card,much tighter on the social distancing.

Spent 10 minutes on TalkSPORT talking crap so all good.

5 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Quieter,much more pleasant,plenty of stock in though still limits.

1 guest per card,much tighter on the social distancing.

Spent 10 minutes on TalkSPORT talking crap so all good.

A star is born.....

Where do you work John? I was thinking of trying bookers when we start actually running out of stuff as heard from a facebook friend that it hasn't been too bad recently in there, but any intelligence gratefully received.

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

You don’t get a fever from the common cold do you? Especially the worst you’ve ever had. Stay safe and isolate.

Who knows guess ill never know. 

thankyou, ive been isolated for about 3 week now, i predict all this at the end of January so was well prepared.  No panic buying.

19 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

A star is born.....

Where do you work John? I was thinking of trying bookers when we start actually running out of stuff as heard from a facebook friend that it hasn't been too bad recently in there, but any intelligence gratefully received.

Costco.

I know Macro has been doing trade only in Sheffield.It seems to be the supermarkets which are still mental today.

34 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Don't you think it's better for those who can work from home to do so?

I meant all none essential work that requires travel to get to that place of work.

2 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

Anyone else had a text from the NHS (NHSNOREPLY) saying Stay at home?.

I've seen on the news today that Gov.uk were sending one but not the NHS.

My health issues haven't been on any list up to now but am now wondering if I'm high risk after all

Yeah my Mrs got one this morning.  She has rheumatoid arthritis so regularly goes to get bloods done, and is under the care of a consultant.

Archived