Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Odd that all the elderly royals are self isolating outside of London.

Nice to see that Kirstie Allsop thinks she is a totally separate case by taking herself and her plaguer husband to their holiday home in Devon from London to pass on Coronavirus to all of the locals. 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Nice to see that Kirstie Allsop thinks she is a totally separate case by taking herself and her plaguer husband to their holiday home in Devon from London to pass on Coronavirus to all of the locals. 

My sis lives down there and is raging. They've been invaded by all the holiday home owners who completely flouted the self-distancing directives apparently. The locals are far from happy!

22 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Quieter,much more pleasant,plenty of stock in though still limits.

1 guest per card,much tighter on the social distancing.

Spent 10 minutes on TalkSPORT talking crap so all good.

Can we listen anywhere? 

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Taken less than 3 days of symptoms for them to get severe enough for me not to be able to work from home. Fever keeps climbing and my chest is in agony. What I'd give to just have the flu.

Sorry if you've answered this, but have you been tested mate?

I'm just wondering if the real figure is exponentially higher than we realize with many people pushing through without help.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm just wondering if the real figure is exponentially higher than we realize with many people pushing through without help.

That's my thoughts too. I was wondering if there is a test to confirm that someone has had the virus and recovered? There are so many people that have had similar symptoms but didn't go to the hospital. It would be useful to know if they had had it or not, to be able to carry on with a normal life or protect themselves.

Just now, richinspain said:

That's my thoughts too. I was wondering if there is a test to confirm that someone has had the virus and recovered? There are so many people that have had similar symptoms but didn't go to the hospital. It would be useful to know if they had had it or not, to be able to carry on with a normal life or protect themselves.

Yes, they can check for antibodies.

The amount of celebs and well known people testing positive is way out of kilter to the general population.

I know many come into contact with more people than the average person, but even so it's crazy high.

The current total is nudging 500k, but I bet you can put at least one zero on that figure if not two because so few people have been tested relative to the general population. South Korea is the highest but even there it's only 1 in 150 people.

The New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo, said yesterday that they are projecting that New York will need 140,000 beds and  they only have 53,000 and that the peak is still 14-21 days away.

I also think it will explode in 10-14 days in the UK because of last Friday.

Boris announcing the pubs would be shutting rather than have shut creating a New Years Eve mentality was about as stupid as you can get.

It was akin to asking a drug addict if he wanted one more hit before quitting.

21 minutes ago, richinspain said:

That’s one of the tests the scientists have been talking about on the daily briefing: a test to see if you have had the virus and recovered is meant to be coming soon . I think they said it would be targeted at those in essential services (specifically the NHS) so that they could return to work with, they hope and believe, a degree of immunity developed.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Apparently her permanent home is in Devon, as well as having a holiday cottage in the north of the county.

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That’s one of the tests the scientists have been talking about on the daily briefing: a test to see if you have had the virus and recovered is meant to be coming soon . I think they said it would be targeted at those in essential services (specifically the NHS) so that they could return to work with, they hope and believe, a degree of immunity developed.

They are already here, a few have been commercially approved.

It's just that they require blood to be drawn and they just don't have resources at the moment to role them out when they are swamped with testing and treating the sick.

A lack of testing swabs is severely hindering testing all over Europe.  A local prosthetic company has 100.000 swabs of a slightly different kind than are used and they are being clinically checked to see if they are usable.  If not, we are looking at possibilities of producing the swabs locally.  We need to stop expecting help to come from outside, these times require self sufficiency.

BTW 89 new cases here, up to 737 total.

58 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

No, ive not been. I called 111 but they explicitly state that you don't need to speak to anyone unless your symptoms are severe enough to drastically impact you. Otherwise just rest up.

Im in a lot of discomfort but I dont have the more severe symptoms so I dont yet fit in that category - for me its basically the flu with the addition of a very heavy, tight chest - which is agony at times unless im lying on my back.

I suspect thats what most younger folk will get; and they'll recover without being tested.

Archived