Coronavirus

1of4

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Thought I'd just try Ocado website on the off-chance:

You are position 45786 of 45786. Your wait time will be more than four hours.

Hmmmmm

I was told Ocado and Morrisons are connected not sure but Morrisons had issues with website all day

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I was told Ocado and Morrisons are connected not sure but Morrisons had issues with website all day

I'm sure it doesn't help that Boris said last night for us all to go online - when all the online grocers were already buckling under the pressure.

Wasn't aware of an Ocado/Morrisons connection (Ocado & Waitrose, yes). Maybe thay share online platforms or something. Dunno.

1 hour ago, Van Cone De Head said:

A baby?

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

Someone delivered a small child to your niece's doorstep?!

Ha, Ha!  "Great minds..."

Insert punchline here:  ..................................................................................

Sith Happens
29 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

I'm sure it doesn't help that Boris said last night for us all to go online - when all the online grocers were already buckling under the pressure.

Wasn't aware of an Ocado/Morrisons connection (Ocado & Waitrose, yes). Maybe thay share online platforms or something. Dunno.

I was told by a morrisons delivery person a while ago, so not sure second hand info.

Its not easy, obviously the government have said use delivery services wherever possible which is a sensible suggestion, the reality for those that cannot get slots is different of course. I suspect the issue with Morrisons is they took it down to put some resilience behind it, its working now.

Hopefully as David suggested they will put deliveries on through the night to maximise the use of the vans they have, that seems a sensible solution to me.

51 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Thought I'd just try Ocado website on the off-chance:

You are position 45786 of 45786. Your wait time will be more than four hours.

Hmmmmm

Wait it out... it's not been anywhere near that time for me. I was similar number in the queue to edit an order I made about 2 weeks ago on Saturday and it took about 40 minutes.  Came this morning with about 5 substitutions.

They're only dealing with current customers though so if you don't normally have them then you won't get an order.

Getting the next delivery might prove a harder task.

Also I don't think Ocado are part of Morrisons any more. They did use them for distribution etc before but think that stopped about a year ago.

37 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Ocado were set up as the online version of Waitrose but operate from large warehouses rather than out of the shops so (in theory) their site shows you actual stock rather than what should be available (therefore no 'replacements' when things have run out as per all the other online delivery systems). Not quite sure when (or why) Waitrose decided to also copy the other model and run deliveries directly out of their shops as well as via Ocado....

1 hour ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

And the right-wing libertarian Brexit death cult types are worrying about whether they will be able to wipe their bottoms rather than the colour of their passports.

If it comes to the point where people have got to wipe their bottoms with their passport I don't think the colour will matter much

12 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Ocado were set up as the online version of Waitrose but operate from large warehouses rather than out of the shops so (in theory) their site shows you actual stock rather than what should be available (therefore no 'replacements' when things have run out as per all the other online delivery systems). Not quite sure when (or why) Waitrose decided to also copy the other model and run deliveries directly out of their shops as well as via Ocado....

I think because Ocado started massively expanding their own brand range - in competition with Waitrose's products. Ocado are now switching to M&S later this year but don't know if that decision happened before Waitrose going it alone or after.

16 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Wait it out... it's not been anywhere near that time for me. I was similar number in the queue to edit an order I made about 2 weeks ago on Saturday and it took about 40 minutes.  Came this morning with about 5 substitutions.

They're only dealing with current customers though so if you don't normally have them then you won't get an order.

Getting the next delivery might prove a harder task.

Also I don't think Ocado are part of Morrisons any more. They did use them for distribution etc before but think that stopped about a year ago.

Yeah we're existing customers and with a reserved weekly delivery slot - which has been cancelled by them for this week

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

I think because Ocado started massively expanding their own brand range - in competition with Waitrose's products. Ocado are now switching to M&S later this year but don't know if that decision happened before Waitrose going it alone or after.

Yeah we're existing customers and with a reserved weekly delivery slot - which has been cancelled by them for this week

What reason have they given? I'd be fuming,

55 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Eeek! That's very annoying. I had a look at lunch time and there weren't any slots for the next three days for me, but fortunately won't need one.

All on essential business...

26349780-8147821-image-a-207_15850676687

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work we go...

26351176-8147821-image-m-210_15850676749

A short stroll should do it...

26349792-8147821-image-a-204_15850676638

But there's only 5 of us...

26341904-8147821-Police_disperse_a_group

How yooo doin'...

26345466-8146135-image-a-116_15850603517

Yeah, but no, but...

26304814-8147821-Pedestrians_walk_across

Oh, For The Sake Of Our Lord Jesus Duck!!!!

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

All on essential business...

26349780-8147821-image-a-207_15850676687

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work we go...

26351176-8147821-image-m-210_15850676749

A short stroll should do it...

26349792-8147821-image-a-204_15850676638

But there's only 5 of us...

26341904-8147821-Police_disperse_a_group

How yooo doin'...

26345466-8146135-image-a-116_15850603517

Yeah, but no, but...

26304814-8147821-Pedestrians_walk_across

Oh, For The Sake Of Our Lord Jesus Duck!!!!

But you can also find plenty of photos online - including the BBC website today - that show empty tube trains, empty parks and streets and people observing a 2 meter space. Depends what you want to believe I guess.

Fwiw Ilkley is empty of people, all the shops are shut, Tescos has full shelves and everyone's observing the do not travel requirement 

Doesn't help reinforce the message of not going out when there's newsreaders still reporting on location.... about people going out!

Same yesterday with the Health Secretary being interviewed on the same bench as the interviewer... in a park.

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

But you can also find plenty of photos online - including the BBC website today - that show empty tube trains, empty parks and streets and people observing a 2 meter space. Depends what you want to believe I guess.

Fwiw Ilkley is empty of people, all the shops are shut, Tescos has full shelves and everyone's observing the do not travel requirement 

Oh, of course.  Don't get me wrong, I'm fully aware there are plenty of decent folk out there.  Doing what is asked of them.  Thinking at least equally of others than themselves, if not more so.  I'm aware of many folk doing good deeds.  Working extra hard to help the cause.  There's a lot of good going on, and I'm aware.  But my post on this occasion was to show the opposite.  Or at least my opinion of the opposite. 
It wasn't to lay claim that all folk are bad.  That these are typical scenes country-wide.  Just that there are plenty still not taking this seriously enough... or selflessly enough.  I'd even wager some of the folk in my pics have "good reason" to be out and about, but I seriously doubt that is true for most of them.

Not sure what your comment re "what you want to believe" is all about?  These are photo's.  I assume they are accurate, unless photoshop has been upgraded considerably?

Your wider point is a good one though, and played on my guilt... tomorrow evening, I will attempt to find and post more positive pics.  That would be much more my cup of tea anyway, if truth be told.  ??

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

Doesn't help reinforce the message of not going out when there's newsreaders still reporting on location.... about people going out!

Same yesterday with the Health Secretary being interviewed on the same bench as the interviewer... in a park.

Totally agree, and thought the same on both points.  

Archived