Coronavirus

1of4

12 minutes ago, Archied said:

Prison workers would be essential workers and we are all aware that is a whole different ball game and rightly so, your post is not relevant to the advise ,guidance ,instructions on non essential work ,travel , shopping ,going out issues

Doesn't ducking matter where you work. There's limited common sense going on. From people on all side of the political spectrum. 

Then people moan at the government. 

My prison is probably a week from being ready. That's all we needed. We're all changing shift patterns massively. We're all self isolating out of work. We can't do much more until everything we need is in place for a full lockdown. 

This includes mental health provisions as well as the obvious.

But no, people are treating it as the Easter ducking weekend. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Archied said:

You had to edit to make it sound that way rather than answer the whole point which is that you have made scathing comments about things you have not the first clue about ,, well done ,a roll in the media would be good fit 

I didn't edit it. Also was hardly scathing by saying that people just need to have some common sense. If anyone's work is non-critical and can't go ahead safely, then it doesn't (or shouldn't) go ahead at the moment.

As a pen pusher who doesn't have a clue about anything, I'll bid you farewell. That job in the media sounds good, though. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

I didn't edit it. Also was hardly scathing by saying that people just need to have some common sense. If anyone's work is non-critical and can't go ahead safely, then it doesn't (or shouldn't) go ahead at the moment.

As a pen pusher who doesn't have a clue about anything, I'll bid you farewell. That job in the media sounds good, though. Cheers.

You did edit and it’s clearly there in posts and yes you are making comments on an area which you clearly have no idea about

the gov are on one hand telling us we must safe distance then saying it ok to carry on in trades where it is impossible ?at which point you tell as how silly we all are and just use our common sense ?

would you prefer white collar ?

11 minutes ago, Norman said:

Doesn't ducking matter where you work. There's limited common sense going on. From people on all side of the political spectrum. 

Then people moan at the government. 

My prison is probably a week from being ready. That's all we needed. We're all changing shift patterns massively. We're all self isolating out of work. We can't do much more until everything we need is in place for a full lockdown. 

This includes mental health provisions as well as the obvious.

But no, people are treating it as the Easter ducking weekend. 

It really does matter where you work

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

You did edit and it’s clearly there in posts and yes you are making comments on an area which you clearly have no idea about

the gov are on one hand telling us we must safe distance then saying it ok to carry on in trades where it is impossible ?at which point you tell as how silly we all are and just use our common sense ?

would you prefer white collar ?

Oh and if you think for one minute that any builder acting responsibly will not have a que of irresponsible nicking their work then you are living in airy fairy land ,,, so yes the gov NEEDS to put clarity in certain areas of people’s lives in this crazy time

24 minutes ago, Archied said:

Prison workers would be essential workers and we are all aware that is a whole different ball game and rightly so, your post is not relevant to the advise ,guidance ,instructions on non essential work ,travel , shopping ,going out issues

You seem to be in favour of the government immediately announcing full lock-down. 

Norman's point was you can't do that without riots and suicides occurring in his place of work (and probably on the streets as well). It's obvious that we need to slowly transition towards a full lock-down and provide the relevant people time to set-up for such a scenario.

49 minutes ago, Norman said:

People think the decisions the government take sare sooooo easy. 

Gold command opened yesterday morning. The government now have control of the prisons, not individual governors. The process of implementing a full lockdown is scary. Fights, suicides, self-harm etc. Those who can't do the time behind their door for 14 hours at a time are going to kill themselves - how wil they cope with 24. No family visits, no exercise, no library etc. 

Some of you have no idea how careful you have to be in certain places of work to get it in a full lockdown position. You can't announce it over the news at 6pm. The strategies that have to be in place for a secure location have to be so we'll thought out. 

ducks me off. Its alright, announce the full lockdown before we're ready. I will take numerous punches to the face and witness all the suicide attempts. I've cut 2 people down in the last 3 shifts because of the fear of a 3 month lockdown. 

Some of you, quite frankly, aren't quite as intelligent as you hoped you are.

All people had to do was show common sense. That is all they had to do. 

Leadership in situations like this should come from individual households. Take some responsibility for yourselves. Not blame the government for everything. 

Great post - spot on. 

Anyone else had a text from the NHS (NHSNOREPLY) saying Stay at home?.

I've seen on the news today that Gov.uk were sending one but not the NHS.

My health issues haven't been on any list up to now but am now wondering if I'm high risk after all

Sith Happens
53 minutes ago, Norman said:

People think the decisions the government take sare sooooo easy. 

Gold command opened yesterday morning. The government now have control of the prisons, not individual governors. The process of implementing a full lockdown is scary. Fights, suicides, self-harm etc. Those who can't do the time behind their door for 14 hours at a time are going to kill themselves - how wil they cope with 24. No family visits, no exercise, no library etc. 

Some of you have no idea how careful you have to be in certain places of work to get it in a full lockdown position. You can't announce it over the news at 6pm. The strategies that have to be in place for a secure location have to be so we'll thought out. 

ducks me off. Its alright, announce the full lockdown before we're ready. I will take numerous punches to the face and witness all the suicide attempts. I've cut 2 people down in the last 3 shifts because of the fear of a 3 month lockdown. 

Some of you, quite frankly, aren't quite as intelligent as you hoped you are.

All people had to do was show common sense. That is all they had to do. 

Leadership in situations like this should come from individual households. Take some responsibility for yourselves. Not blame the government for everything. 

Just to say thanks for keeping going, you are as important as nurses / doctors etc at a time like this....

Just now, Norman said:

It really doesn't. You're arguing a different point to me.

We are arguing a different point but it overlaps ,your job and lots of others are very very different and need different handling ,

my wife is a childminder who cares very deeply for the children she looks after and there continuity, try sorting that mess out ,

children of key workers, one key worker of two parents ,some kids still at school some not , one school pick up the kids all sent home early on Monday because a parent on intensive care from the school ,, it’s a minefield and as I say it matters not a jot which party is in power ,it needs strong ,clear and concise handling , that is not happening now and last nights offering was probably the worst communication by far 

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You seem to be in favour of the government immediately announcing full lock-down. 

Norman's point was you can't do that without riots and suicides occurring in his place of work (and probably on the streets as well). It's obvious that we need to slowly transition towards a full lock-down and provide the relevant people time to set-up for such a scenario.

Honestly I’m not , I don’t know what is best way forward in terms of lock down or not ,what I am saying is it has to be clear thinking and clear communication from the top whatever way they think the science suggests is best

21 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Common sense, isn't common.

The Government should know this.

It is common but not possessed by everyone. I suspect the majority of us will act responsibly and abide by the rules etc but, unfortunately, there are some (too many) who think they're different or special. Sadly, it's these individuals that get most of the press coverage. 

11 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

My health issues haven't been on any list up to now but am now wondering if I'm high risk after all

It may just be a generic one from your GP practice? Mine sent me (and others registered with them) a few texts saying to stay away, before deciding to close down completely.

15 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Yes I've just had one, also have no underlying issues that's been flagged so far.

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

Honestly I’m not , I don’t know what is best way forward in terms of lock down or not ,what I am saying is it has to be clear thinking and clear communication from the top whatever way they think the science suggests is best

The point that you're missing is how difficult it is to be specific to every case, Plus the science changes as the situation changes, this is all new as it continues.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The point that you're missing is how difficult it is to be specific to every case, Plus the science changes as the situation changes, this is all new as it continues.

Roy I with you on how difficult it is but there are some areas that the guidance being put out to the public is total nonsense and avoidable 

Comment 1:
Totally ignoring my usual pedantry, anyone else find the irony in people writing "Bafoon/bafoonery" quite endearing.  Makes me go all warm and fuzzy!

Comment 2:
Yesterday early afternoon..."Knowing" what was coming later, nipped to Morrisons for those last few bits that will (hopefully!) now mean we can stay in for at least two weeks, if not three... Just about to load my items on the conveyor, when I realised something not to my liking... Yes, I can stay a good 2m away from the person in front... but not the person immediately to my right, who has just turned up at the adjacent conveyor, effectively in the same "aisle".  Nothing between us.  No more than 18 inches/2ft apart!  I quickly retreated, and went straight to a till that did not have an adjacent till open!  Why would they open 2 adjacent tills (sharing the same narrow approach), when less than half of them were open anyway... and why did the geezer even think it was a good idea to voluntarily come and stand so close to me anyway, when other tills were available?  Was he thinking his luck was in, finding a vacant till?

There's still a long way to go, ain't there!   

Archived