Coronavirus

1of4

11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Without reading that Times article, I assume they're taking the major reduction of nitrogen dioxide levels over China (which is a + for the environment) caused by their industry suffering a huge slowdown for a week and running with it?

I assumed it was going to be a more blunt "millions dead is a good thing for the environment" take?

On a more serious note - having a slash at the game yesterday and noticed the posters up telling you how to wash your hands. I assume there were in all toilets?

Except - the final stages of the poster involved, drying your hand on a paper towel and using the towel to turn the tap off. Which is a bit of a joke when 1) there are no paper towels in the toilets at PPS
2) the taps are all push down
3) half the hand driers don't work, and haven't done for months

I don't think the club are taking it very seriously

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Ramshankered said:

Genuinely shocked to learn Brexiteers can wipe their own arses ??

Makes a change from speaking out of them ?

Sith Happens
51 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Chap in my office regularly visits Spain, and had done so this past week.  I asked him if there were any checked at either in airport in Spain as he boarded or when he got off at East Midlands??  None whatsoever...  

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

They have said checks at the airport were futile due to how long you can have the illness before any symptoms come out.

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

I assumed it was going to be a more blunt "millions dead is a good thing for the environment" take?

On a more serious note - having a slash at the game yesterday and noticed the posters up telling you how to wash your hands. I assume there were in all toilets?

Except - the final stages of the poster involved, drying your hand on a paper towel and using the towel to turn the tap off. Which is a bit of a joke when 1) there are no paper towels in the toilets at PPS

If there were paper towels you can guarantee the floor would be littered with them.

Isn’t the fact that the taps are push down a good thing? You don’t need to touch them again after you’ve washed your hands. Taps that turn themselves off are more hygienic than those you have to turn. Arguably, you’d have to wash your hands again after touching them which means you either leave the tap running or you get into a viscous circle.

I haven’t seen a hand dryer out of service in the ones I use in the East Stand.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

If there were paper towels you can guarantee the floor would be littered with them.

Isn’t the fact that the taps are push down a good thing? You don’t need to touch them again after you’ve washed your hands. Taps that turn themselves off are more hygienic than those you have to turn. Arguably, you’d have to wash your hands again after touching them which means you either leave the tap running or you get into a viscous circle.

I haven’t seen a hand dryer out of service in the ones I use in the East Stand.

Yeah - my point was more that the club have put up a load of posters that aren't applicable/compatible with the facilities they are providing.

The broken hand driers are in the south stand.

21 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Yeah - my point was more that the club have put up a load of posters that aren't applicable/compatible with the facilities they are providing.

The broken hand driers are in the south stand.

You're a rough bunch in the South Stand and obviously not as valued as us in the East. Have you complained to the club? Sounds like perfect timing to do it now. 

Apart from your dryers, I don't think your other comments support your argument that the club is providing non compatible facilities. I suppose they could replace the taps with those that motion detectors but, quite apart from the cost, I think it's unreasonable to expect the club to have done that at such short notice. 

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

I think many businesses that provide toilets for public use, need to improve them.

A number of public toilets I've used recently, fell woefully short in providing decent hand washing facilities.

But good hand washing in many public toilets becomes a futile exercise, As you then have to touch the door handle, when pulling open the door to leave.

All toilet doors should be pushable and not pullable when exiting a public toilet.

47 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Apart from your dryers, I don't think your other comments support your argument that the club is providing non compatible facilities. I suppose they could replace the taps with those that motion detectors but, quite apart from the cost, I think it's unreasonable to expect the club to have done that at such short notice. 

My issue is with the poster and not the taps. How hard is it to put up posters that actually correspond to the facilities in use?

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Was due to go to a business meeting today, meeting organiser said do I have skype, he’d prefer to conduct the meeting that way.

Whatever.

Seems a good idea to me. Wish more meetings were held this way.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Seems a good idea to me. Wish more meetings were held this way.

Not on Skype though, awful program. 

Loads of better options.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Loads of better options.

True...but the approach seems sensible. Dont Google have a version?

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

True...but the approach seems sensible. Dont Google have a version?

Yeah, two. Google Hangouts and Google Meet although I think the latter is simply an extension of the former. Both very good.

Some companies also started using Discord, which was designed for gamers but is very robust and stable and has a lot of flexibility. No webcams too which is a positive in my mind.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Loads of better options.

Skype will be defunct by end of the year since Microsoft bought it. They're pushing Teams which is much better.

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yeah, two. Google Hangouts and Google Meet although I think the latter is simply an extension of the former. Both very good.

Some companies also started using Discord, which was designed for gamers but is very robust and stable and has a lot of flexibility. No webcams too which is a positive in my mind.

I have no issue myself with phone conferencing but i know some find it hard to follow them.

Even without the Coronavirus i think business could do more remote meetings. I would hate to think how much expense and time i have wasted when it could have been remote.

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Skype will be defunct by end of the year since Microsoft bought it. They're pushing Teams which is much better.

Microsoft should push companies to hold their meetings inside Minecraft.

19 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

My issue is with the poster and not the taps. How hard is it to put up posters that actually correspond to the facilities in use?

Fair enough, I didn't read the poster. I just washed my hands (as instructed by the NHS) and then dried them using the facilities provided.

Feels like your complaint is a tad petty. They provide soap, taps you don't need to touch after washing your hands (making the instruction regarding using a paper towel to turn the tap off simply redundant) and (subject to them working) a dryer. A bit clumsy that the poster doesn't match (I imagine it's some kind of generic poster rather than specific to DCFC) but hardly the sign they're not taking the issue seriously.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

A bit clumsy that the poster doesn't match (I imagine it's some kind of generic poster rather than specific to DCFC) but hardly the sign they're not taking the issue seriously.

I disagree - it seems ridiculously half-arsed of the club. But whatever, it probably won't matter soon

Archived