Coronavirus

1of4

Just now, SchtivePesley said:

I disagree - it seems ridiculously half-arsed of the club. But whatever, it probably won't matter soon

Everyone to their own I guess. A slight overreaction to describe it as "ridiculously half-arsed" in my opinion but, if you need something to have a go at the club about - there you go.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Virtual meetings sound all well and good. But how are you supposed to show your annoyance with someone talking corporate babble. Certainly couldn't throw something at them, like I usually did.

53 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Virtual meetings sound all well and good. But how are you supposed to show your annoyance with someone talking corporate babble. Certainly couldn't throw something at them, like I usually did.

Surely throwing objects at people is a sackable offence?

i very rarely get the flu, but have a serious one now.  Sneezing 100 times a day, stuffed nose, fever, headache, body aches, even my eyes are aching.  It's not Covid but i wouldn't want to catch that at this time.  Will be staying at home for a few days i think.

We are going to Spain during Easter, if the world hasn't collapsed in the meantime.

2 hours ago, ramit said:

i very rarely get the flu, but have a serious one now.  Sneezing 100 times a day, stuffed nose, fever, headache, body aches, even my eyes are aching.  It's not Covid but i wouldn't want to catch that at this time.  Will be staying at home for a few days i think.

We are going to Spain during Easter, if the world hasn't collapsed in the meantime.

Have you been tested for coronavirus? If not are you going to self isolate, to be on the safe side.

Our Government need to be honest what their intentions are over the next week or so. It's bloody obvious they will close schools, colleges, universities and ban events before the end of next week. The borders need to be closed asap. Hospitals world over are going to become overrun and many people will travel to other countries, such as ours, to seek treatment if they can't get it in their own or think they'll get better treatment. 

8 hours ago, 1of4 said:

I think many businesses that provide toilets for public use, need to improve them.

A number of public toilets I've used recently, fell woefully short in providing decent hand washing facilities.

But good hand washing in many public toilets becomes a futile exercise, As you then have to touch the door handle, when pulling open the door to leave.

All toilet doors should be pushable and not pullable when exiting a public toilet.

Having pushable toilet doors sounds sensible until you consider that you will be pushing the door into a public area and therefore potentially into people's faces, without being able to see who you might be hitting. In busy areas like the PP loos  on match days people could get hurt.  If you're worried about germs from the doors then open it while holding tissue

3 hours ago, ramit said:

You need to self isolate for your own good. Many people who have recovered got a virus or traditional flu first, which left them vulnerable. This underlying health conditions expression that keeps being used is worryingly being misinterpreted. Someone having had a virus in the last month or so or currently having one is at high risk. It's being talked up as if you have to be 80+ and have smoked 40 years and be obese and had a heart attack to be this so called person with underlying health conditions. This is why they are encouraging people to get a flu jab. 

Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis is what is killing people. It's why so many are in hospital for 4-6 weeks. Almost half the population has underlying health conditions. That condition being obesity. 

In general, the advice isn't good enough. People need to avoid things that could cause inflammation of the lungs. If you smoke or Vape, you need to stop now.  

9 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Our Government need to be honest what their intentions are over the next week or so. It's bloody obvious they will close schools, colleges, universities and ban events before the end of next week. The borders need to be closed asap. Hospitals world over are going to become overrun and many people will travel to other countries, such as ours, to seek treatment if they can't get it in their own or think they'll get better treatment. 

What i dont get is sporting events or crowd gathering restrictions. Italy is well ahead of UK and banned all events. France on stage 2+ as they call it and banned any gathering of any events of more than 1000. PSG v Dortmund tomorrow is behing closed doors. Here no need to do anything (yet?), Cheltenham starts tomorrow and we are told no need for any restrictions. Restrict or dont, Can both approach be right ? Happy for somebody well informed to explain but to me something isn't right.

17 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

What i dont get is sporting events or crowd gathering restrictions. Italy is well ahead of UK and banned all events. France on stage 2+ as they call it and banned any gathering of any events of more than 1000. PSG v Dortmund tomorrow is behing closed doors. Here no need to do anything (yet?), Cheltenham starts tomorrow and we are told no need for any restrictions. Restrict or dont, Can both approach be right ? Happy for somebody well informed to explain but to me something isn't right.

We haven't reached the tipping point yet. I've seen the modeling numbers and the expected number of infections and deaths on day 1-150 and the government can only delay the spread by a few days. They are buying time while they can. They know at a certain day in the outbreak, they have to take all the same steps as Italy. But we aren't there yet so they have time to prepare. They need society to continue to function to allow more time to prepare. All we are essentially doing, by taking the steps a little sooner, is delaying the inevitable by 1-2 weeks. 

Italy, based on the modelling, will have 5,000 deaths total in 2 weeks time. However, hopefully they won't and that will show that the measures their government are taking, are working. 

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Have you been tested for coronavirus? If not are you going to self isolate, to be on the safe side.

Have not been tested, but doubt i have it, as symptoms don't fit.  Won't be able to get tested until later this week, when more tests become available.  Authorities are mainly testing those returning from ski trips at the moment.

i am going to self isolate to be on the safe side though and contact my doctor tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

You need to self isolate for your own good. Many people who have recovered got a virus or traditional flu first, which left them vulnerable. This underlying health conditions expression that keeps being used is worryingly being misinterpreted. Someone having had a virus in the last month or so or currently having one is at high risk. It's being talked up as if you have to be 80+ and have smoked 40 years and be obese and had a heart attack to be this so called person with underlying health conditions. This is why they are encouraging people to get a flu jab. 

Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis is what is killing people. It's why so many are in hospital for 4-6 weeks. Almost half the population has underlying health conditions. That condition being obesity. 

In general, the advice isn't good enough. People need to avoid things that could cause inflammation of the lungs. If you smoke or Vape, you need to stop now.  

Yep, taking chances while being under the weather with flu would be foolhardy.

i will stay home, but i have made one thing clear to my wife and son, i expect service and sympathy in equal measure.

Not expecting any

Archived