Radio Derby

Norman Hull

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
steve bloomer
2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Chris Coles still off air tonight. Dave Flatcher sitting in on his show. 

So if Chris Coles goes along with Ramage then that just leaves Ed Dawes now don't it unless he also gets investigated? We're running very low now!

steve bloomer
12 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Then how do they broadcast 100 football matches every Saturday? 

That is going to be the tricky bit unless however these matches go to a commercial station that takes the long term rights on.

We'd probably end up on Gem 106 possibly?!

4 minutes ago, steve bloomer said:

So if Chris Coles goes along with Ramage then that just leaves Ed Dawes now don't it unless he also gets investigated? We're running very low now!

I’m not sure what the hierarchy on Radio Derby is at the moment, but one of the other (or both) will no doubt be held accountable for not picking up the issue when it was originally said and also for uploading the recording unedited in the first instance. Dawes has also not been heard of and is also silent on Twitter (unusual as he’s normally sporting drivel about trains day and night). Guess they’ve both been put on gardening leave until the investigation is complete - which will make Friday’s broadcast interesting to say the least....

steve bloomer
7 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Friday’s broadcast interesting to say the least....

If all three of them have gone then by Friday at least, then it'll just be Mr Fletcher standing in with the Burton commentator deputising I suppose.

And the BBC is under intense scrutiny as it is, and looking potentially to sell off it's radio stock so there'll be more big changes to come.

12 minutes ago, steve bloomer said:

If all three of them have gone then by Friday at least, then it'll just be Mr Fletcher standing in with the Burton commentator deputising I suppose.

And the BBC is under intense scrutiny as it is, and looking potentially to sell off it's radio stock so there'll be more big changes to come.

The Burton commentators are the worst thing to happen on Radio, I never thought I’d say this but Ed Dawes is miles above them.

Bring back Super ted McMinn or get someone like Dean Sturridge - I’m sure he did a bit of commentating on sky a few years back, but I’ve heard he’s a big time Agent now 

Just now, EraniosSocks said:

The Burton commentators are the worst thing to happen on Radio, I never thought I’d say this but Ed Dawes is miles above them.

Bring back Super ted McMinn or get someone like Dean Sturridge - I’m sure he did a bit of commentating on sky a few years back, but I’ve heard he’s a big time Agent now 

Maybe try Daryll Powell. He seems to have a bit of personality.

steve bloomer
7 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

As it looks like the BBC set to be cut up, who knows where are games are going to be covered in the long term if at all?

Archived