Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

2 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

I think it’s important to put some perspective on this.

I am a black man in my 40’s growing up in the 70’s suffering horrendous, unimaginable racist abuse, not only from people in my majorly white British community but also from parents and school teachers.

Whilst what he has said cannot be condoned, it’s a racist comment by definition of the very words he chooses to use. If he says the two full backs or just the young lads etc then it’s just a comment that everyone can debate and either agree or disagree.

Is he a racist ?, no not for a minute do I believe that at all, I have lived through racism, it’s defined me as a person through no fault of my own.  I never asked to be abused, never asked to be singled out when walking into a room where only I looked different from anybody else.

He’s made a mistake, he has received his punishment for what is a lack of judgement and poor use of words. Racists hate, they cannot praise, they cannot admire and most importantly they cannot hide it, if he was this way we would have seen this way before now.

When John Terry behaved the way he did with Anton Ferdinand lots of people who knew him all said football knows what Terry is, this will not happen here because Ramage isn’t that person.  

Because of my colour my opinion matters no more than anyone else’s no matter what colour you are but please let’s not crucify the man for just poor use of words. 

All Derby aren’t we ! 

COYR

Top man.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Curtains said:

Maybe they Will cancel it altogether I don’t know. .

Maybe they haven’t decided yet 

Who knows ? I just think they are treating their audience with a little bit of contempt. Doesn’t seem like a well run station to me from what I read on here. More of a Planet Rock man myself. 

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Who knows ? I just think they are treating their audience with a little bit of contempt. Doesn’t seem like a well run station to me from what I read on here. More of a Planet Rock man myself. 

It’s an excellent Radio Station alway has been. 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It was still a wonky under hit header.

Bogle had 4 options.
1. Head to Waghorn to keep play going.
2. Head clear for a throw - with the distance to the sideline, there's a high chance of their winger intercepting and getting an easy cross in.
3. Head clear up the field. Bogle isn't renown for the distance on his headers, so it likely would have fell to their LB anyway.
4. Control the ball and play out - it seemed like a difficult ball to control, and a bad touch would result in the winger going through on goal. Even with a good touch, the winger would be pressing him quickly.

I'm siding with an accurate header to Waghorn as being the best option.

Or maybe do what’s he’s paid to do defend and tackle?

Just now, Curtains said:

It’s an excellent Radio Station alway has been. 

I bow to your superior knowledge, editing an offensive comment on the sly doesn’t scream excellence to me mind but you’re a listener and I’m not.

...or were you talking about Planet Rock ?

No reply necessary. ?

6 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Have never listened to it, I live in Hertfordshire you know although I suppose it would be available on BBC Sounds or whatever. The point is, you asked what they should say, I replied explaining they should acknowledge their regular listeners explaining why they wouldn’t be getting their usual content tonight. The least they could do don’t you think ?

Absolutely well said...I tuned in as usual...no explanation whatsoever.Even ITV regarding far more serious circumstances explained why they were pulling Love Island.The BBC have basically shoved up two fingers to thousands of regular listeners.Disgraceful way to treat licence payers.

8 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

I am a black man in my 40’s growing up in the 70’s suffering horrendous, unimaginable racist abuse, not only from people in my majorly white British community but also from parents and school teachers.

Whilst what he has said cannot be condoned, it’s a racist comment by definition of the very words he chooses to use. If he says the two full backs or just the young lads etc then it’s just a comment that everyone can debate and either agree or disagree.

Is he a racist ?, no not for a minute do I believe that at all, I have lived through racism, it’s defined me as a person through no fault of my own.  I never asked to be abused, never asked to be singled out when walking into a room where only I looked different from anybody else.

He’s made a mistake, he has received his punishment for what is a lack of judgement and poor use of words. Racists hate, they cannot praise, they cannot admire and most importantly they cannot hide it, if he was this way we would have seen this way before now.

When John Terry behaved the way he did with Anton Ferdinand lots of people who knew him all said football knows what Terry is, this will not happen here because Ramage isn’t that person.  

Because of my colour my opinion matters no more than anyone else’s no matter what colour you are but please let’s not crucify the man for just poor use of words. 

All Derby aren’t we ! 

COYR

I think you've said what I have been saying in this thread and I've mainly been responded to with abuse! 

Even had one poster send me a private expletive laden message!

Radio Derby need a complete overhaul of the sports presentation and match coverage. Why is a “summariser” necessary? I remember the days when Graham Richards did the whole thing by himself, and what a joy it was to listen to his description of a football match. 
In my opinion the general professionalism of the sports team has dropped markedly since Colin Gibson left. 

26 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

And to top it all off, she's dating Ed Dawes!

I'd don't see why you're bringing people's private lives into the conversation, what's your seasoning?

Dawes pulling Pepper is not to be sniffed at.

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

Radio Derby need a complete overhaul of the sports presentation and match coverage. Why is a “summariser” necessary? I remember the days when Graham Richards did the whole thing by himself, and what a joy it was to listen to his description of a football match. 
In my opinion the general professionalism of the sports team has dropped markedly since Colin Gibson left. 

Owen Bradley was good

31 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

All Derby aren’t we ! 

COYR

Well said Sir ???

49 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Not sure about that ,editing the audio was bang out of order they should have just taken it down.

Why? What's wrong with just removing the offending part? (on the massive assumption that they were always going to issue a statement) Not sure I'd describe it as bang out of order.

7 hours ago, unclej said:

They filled their pages with comment about his lack of loyalty and they will do again... Nowt to do with the colour of his skin but Trevor Phillips will tell us all it is and we'll have to go along with it for fear of offending.

Yawn , you will be calling everyone who disagrees with you "snowflakes" soon

Archived