Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Mate it's you that looks daft. You've claimed your posts have been met with abusive responses and are patently unable to show as much. Instead you've posted a single private message that's not appeared anywhere in the thread. Where are all these abusive posts mate, cough up. 

Well hopefully I've done my job right and removed all posts, as per forum rules ;

Prohibited Content

- Personal insults/profanity towards other members

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

My initial thoughts were that maybe there would be a second chance of sorts, after a lengthy suspension/education process, but on reflection I do think the right decision was arrived at, I am not sure how there could have been a healthy relationship between Derby and Radio Derby if he had remained.

It does make me wonder though how we react to different people. Ramage more than divides opinions, he doesn't seem too popular regardless of this situation, however someone like Eranio is still considered a hero among many Derby fans. I wonder how many people demanding the sacking of ramage cheered when this happened?

Eranio appears to have been afforded a second chance, and retains his position with AC Milan although he did lose his job in the media when he made the statement he did.

“Black players in the defensive line often make these mistakes because they’re not concentrated,” said Eranio. “They are powerful physically, but when it is time to think … they often make this type of error.”

I cant see what the difference is between what he said and what ramage said.

I wonder if ramage, not a club legend, will be afforded the same forgiveness as eranio, a club legend to many, from Derby county fans.

I believe Wenger also did something similar and kept his job.  Was a while ago so don't remember the exact jist of what he said.

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Have you had a media blackout for the last 5 years? Have you not seen the tripe served up regarding Sterling? 

I said that I think Ramage’s comments come from ignorance and not from an actual dislike of people of difference ethnicities. 

ALL media coverage ???? ALL the public?? ,,,, no mate there’s been lots of positive stuff re sterling on media and massive support of him from the public regards the idiot at Chelsea ,, the majority have stood up and supported him and fully supported his stance ,,,

so yes I see your generalisation of media and public( normal people) as the exact same blinkered ignorant behaviour as bigots and racists ,the problem is you think your a crusading hero fighting a cause and that makes you blind to  your own behaviour, views and words 

48 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

So The entire population is racist,including all ethnic minorities as I don't believe anyone  has never spoke derogatory about other ethnic origins or any person has not ever

misrepresented themselves when discussing peop!e of a different origin.

Who hasn't referred to the local Chinese take away as the chinky,?  Who hasn't laughed or told an Irish man joke? If you had new neighbours would you probably on informing  people, mention if they were indian, Chinese ect. Does that make you a racist for highlighting the point. If we were all judged on the slightest mistake we made when speaking ,At some point we could all be classified as a racist ,communist,bigot,facist,sexist,or even worse a tory?. I believe actions speak louder than words and judge those for what they do ,not necessarily what they say unless they specifically mean to say it.  I have no reason to condem someone as a racist by one error of poor communication and vocabulary. Obviously I don't meet your standards am probably all of the above except tory .

Here's a little hypothetical "Spot the difference" competition for you... no clues...

1/  "My new neighbours, who happen to be Indian, are not very amiable"

2/  "My new neighbours, who happen to be Indian, are not very amiable, but then you could say that about all Indians"

Answers on page 136

2 hours ago, Ram8 said:

No mention WHATSOEVER on Radio Derby for ‘pulling’ Sportscene.. 

Disgusting public relations for an otherwise (formerly) respected Radio Station ! 
So what do we get instead, tedious, vacuous ‘pop’ music, shows no respect for their loyal sports fan audience whatsoever .. 

Add this to their promotion of weather presenter Sally Pepper to morning ‘anchor’ presenter, with her condescending conversations with the ‘older generation’ and annoyingly offensive cackling laugh, and I for one have now paid my last visit to their ‘toy town’ radio station ! 

Don't talk rubbish! Supergrass are not vacuous pop music, although Alright was probably their closest thing to pop music. Clearly a classic Pepper subliminal message with that track though. I wonder if she'll play White Riot on her 11.30 Punk Show tonight?

Local radio has never been so vital.

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Here's a little hypothetical "Spot the difference" competition for you... no clues...

2/  "My new neighbours, who happen to be Indian, are not very amiable, but then you could say that about all Indians"

Answers on page 136

So it's you who writes Ricky Gervais' gags then?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think you've said what I have been saying in this thread and I've mainly been responded to with abuse! 

Even had one poster send me a private expletive laden message!

Tbf to me, that expletive laden PM I sent you was because you think the quality of football journalism included in the Sun soccer pullout excuses when they hacked Milly Dowler's phone/sent photographers to Anne Diamond's baby's private funeral after she begged them not too/drove that presenter to kill herself this weekend/camp outside the homes of dead soldiers wives homes to report sensitively on their suffering/etc etc etc.

Sorry, just checked. I didn't send it, just thought it.

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm ignoring that for a while, as I don't know enough about him to suss out whether that is a compliment or not.  I'll see how other reactions go first, before I respond!  ?

Lol, I don't think it really made sense to be honest. Think there is something there for everyone really!

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Tbf to me, that expletive laden PM I sent you was because you think the quality of football journalism included in the Sun soccer pullout excuses when they hacked Milly Dowler's phone/sent photographers to Anne Diamond's baby's private funeral after she begged them not too/drove that presenter to kill herself this weekend/camp outside the homes of dead soldiers wives homes to report sensitively on their suffering/etc etc etc.

I am Spartacus

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

So I assume you read no newspapers and watch no news on television?

Or maybe you can enlighten us on which ones you do use?

16 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Answers on page 136

3 / but then you could say that about all  Indians I’ve met ? ,,,,, is that then the wrong wording ,is it a reflection of the orators personal experience ,,,, 

that’s why for me in these situations it’s most important to engage ears and brain not just high decibel mouth ,,,

lets just say for the sake of argument ramage has a very small experience of being around young black players and his experience has been negative ? He has a scewed  I’ll thought out view that either by accident or design has resulted in a totaly unacceptable generalised statement on live radio , 

he has to be confronted , told it’s not acceptable also presented with peoples positive experiences of young black players and also negative experiences of some young white players ,

as I say my gut feeling is that ramage may not be a card carrying clansman but I do reckon he’s got some areas he needs to look at in his personality around race issues ,

Archived