Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

God I wish I was so perfect that I felt the right to sit in judgement of other peoples mistakes.

So many willing to cast the first stone

Why was his apology not sufficient for him yo be at least given a second chance? Jeez, we have a Prime Minister who has been more overtly racist than this...and he fully understood what his racist language meant.

Ramage is not from an era where ex Pros can live off past earnings, he will need to work. This feels like an over reaction to me and a punishment that doers not fit the crime

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craig is a passionate supporter and probably better suited to a fan type audio rather than working for radio Derby . 
Do I think he racist ? 
no . 
Do I think he’s been incredibly silly with his comments ? 
yes.

Was he ever really trained to broadcast on radio Derby , whilst a lot of things he says come in the heat of the moment situations , he should have known this kind of generalisation about our young full backs would cause a massive storm. 
He was out of order for his comments . 
Should he have lost his job ? 
my opinion is no. 
Should he be re-educated ? 
dam right he should . 
lets not forget we all probably work with people or persons that have done a lot worse and got away with it. This doesn’t mean what Craig says was ok , but let’s all put this into context.
I’d like to see Craig sit in with Bogle and Lowe and explain himself . 

It would take a big man to explain his actions . And even bigger players to give him the chance . 

What I will say is Bogle isn’t performing , the manager has picked up on it, as have many supporters . His attitude does seem to come across as I’ve made it , and if the truth be known at the moment he’s not even close. 
He’s not the only player who I share this opinion about . 
I’d just like to see Jayden get on with his football and put the performances in that he did last season, it’s tedious watching him constantly make mistakes and not being brave enough to hold his hand up. 
I’m surprised nobody has mentioned how Bogle tried to portion the blame onto Waghorn for his own terrible header. 
I genuinely thought Waghorn was going to throttle him. 

it all just goes to show we still have a way to go until Racism is eradicated from not only football but society as a whole.

The good news is I guess 90% of all posts support Lowe and condemn Rammage. If I was to try and put a positive spin on things, 20 Years ago it would have been a lot less and in the not so distant past it would have simply been considered acceptable to generalise like that. One day perhaps we'll get to the point where 0% of people think it's ok to generalise.

1 minute ago, Key clubber said:

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned how Bogle tried to portion the blame onto Waghorn for his own terrible header. 
I genuinely thought Waghorn was going to throttle him. 

I noticed them having a rather involved discussion after the goal, but I couldn't work out if it started because Bogle had tried to blame Waghorn or because Waghorn had given him an earful.

6 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

God I wish I was so perfect that I felt the right to sit in judgement of other peoples mistakes.

Why was his apology not sufficient for him yo be at least given a second chance? Jeez, we have a Prime Minister who has been more overtly racist than this...and he fully understood what his racist language meant.

Ramage is not from an era where ex Pros can live off past earnings, he will need to work. This feels like an over reaction to me and a punishment that doers not fit the crime

Unfortunately, the PM has a lot of support for the comments he makes.  That's why he's in his elected position to make those comments.

You do know that commentating isn't Ramage's only job?  He has a normal 9-5, as he regularly mentions his boss.  His BBC work is just a side gig.  Now if he were to lose his normal job, on the basis of the weekend's comments I would feel for him, as they're not connected.

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

I think an apology (in person) and offer to volunteer for some diversity training would have saved him, if it had been prompt.

However doing it on twitter and 16 hours + after the event is not acceptable the balloon went up late Saturday night.

Surely BBC should have realised this even if it was missed at the time, the BBC employ expensive programme editors.

The tardiness in the way his employers and himself handled this have not helped the situation at all.

12 minutes ago, Anon said:

I noticed them having a rather involved discussion after the goal, but I couldn't work out if it started because Bogle had tried to blame Waghorn or because Waghorn had given him an earful.

Bogle definitely gave the general arm waving stance , which unfortunately has crept more and more into his game, accompanied with some words , which Waghorn rightly took acceptance to. 
Waghorn isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but that just struck as a player being so out of sorts he’d try anything to cover his ability to defend on that occasion and on many occasions. 

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Please don't jump down my throat on this one chaps, remember I'm a "neutral" party here..

No such thing as a neutral on here buddy.  We are all as one. You are as much a member of this family as the rest of us, and your attendance on here is no less warmly received.  

Red, white, black... or even that disgusting shade of grey that Fergie kicked off about at Southampton, when they changed their shirts at half time... The colour of our shirts matters not.  Just the heart that lingers below it, and the hand that extends to friendship.

Duck me... it ain't easy, is it?
Has he ducked off yet?  

3 hours ago, Duracell said:

Wh-what? Where has that come from? Who said it wasn’t okay to be white?

It’s not about whether he is racist or not. It’s about setting the incredibly low bar for a broadcaster to not say something racist into a microphone - this stuff matters.

No one should be locked up, unforgiven, chastised indefinitely or condemned for slipping up with one ignorant comment. People who do just shouldn’t be professional broadcasters. Just like if you have clumsy hands you shouldn’t be a brain surgeon, if you can’t control your temper you shouldn’t be a teacher, and if you can’t catch crosses you shouldn’t be a goalkeeper.

Roosist!

Some of the comments on here are even more idiotic than what Ramage came out with. It's actually very sad that people have that way of thinking. I've experienced racism first hand with our football club and i was hoping that it was genuinely a one off. The fact people cant comprehend what he said was literally racism is sad. 

34 minutes ago, Anon said:

20 minutes ago, Key clubber said:

Bogle definitely gave the general arm waving stance , which unfortunately has crept more and more into his game, accompanied with some words , which Waghorn rightly took acceptance to. 
Waghorn isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but that just struck as a player being so out of sorts he’d try anything to cover his ability to defend on that occasion and on many occasions. 

This is normal behavior on a football pitch. Every time a goal is conceded, you see players moaning or trying to put the blame on someone else. Keogh used to do it alot. Is human instinct to try and take the blame of yourself. When emotions have calmed down you become more accepting and admit the mistake. Im sure that happened with Bogle and Waggy. You then move on. 

IMO i've seen much worse in terms of mistakes this season, and the Ramage comments were totally uncalled for. I've not seen any of the young players BLACK OR WHITE' acting anything other than profressional on or off the pitch. Remember, it was the more senior members of the squad who have dragged our name through the mud so far this season

6 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Some of the comments on here are even more idiotic than what Ramage came out with. It's actually very sad that people have that way of thinking. I've experienced racism first hand with our football club and i was hoping that it was genuinely a one off. The fact people cant comprehend what he said was literally racism is sad. 

Really?

Name them because the majority of the takes I've seen here have been pretty reasonable

The trouble for Ramage is that it only takes one comment of that nature to tar someone’s character indefinitely.

Let him take the punishment - losing his job and being able to do what he enjoys - and let’s move on. As a club, we have had enough controversy and drama for one season.

Respect to Bogle and Lowe for handling the situation with class and dignity. I just hope they can now be left to get on with their careers.

I am sure if Ramage is as decent a man as many suggest, he will take the necessary steps to make amends and perhaps educate himself.

When people have such views, it’s not a time for outrage, but a time for understanding, guidance and learning. 

You have to open people’s eyes or they’ll remain blind to the challenges faced.

41 minutes ago, Anon said:

You can see why Bogle tried to head the ball to Waghorn given how much space he was in when Bogle committed. Their LB just read the play better than Wags and got there first. 

image.png.1ce2a6826645a3c5bb357796f35516cf.png

After the goal went in, Waghorn falpped his arms in frustration with Bogle's mistake, and Bogle pointed out what his intention was. It didn't last much more than a second.

image.png.e5b742671d275338a09e6976a3e0892e.png

10 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Truly sorry to hear you have experienced racism with our club, but I'm confused... That highlighted bit... or rather the underlined bit... I take it you are still hoping it was a one off?  It's just that you said "was hoping", as if there has now been further developments/a second episode?  I sincerely hope there hasn't been..

Archived