Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

13 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Max low

And bbc as well yes give rammage a warning but does not desevse to be sack.

I thought Max Lowes response was quite dignified.

Its others filling their boots that have magnified the situation.

Agree that RD we wrong to sack him without giving him chance to explain his comments (that is assuming he wasnt given chance).

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No mention WHATSOEVER on Radio Derby for ‘pulling’ Sportscene.. 

Disgusting public relations for an otherwise (formerly) respected Radio Station ! 
So what do we get instead, tedious, vacuous ‘pop’ music, shows no respect for their loyal sports fan audience whatsoever .. 

Add this to their promotion of weather presenter Sally Pepper to morning ‘anchor’ presenter, with her condescending conversations with the ‘older generation’ and annoyingly offensive cackling laugh, and I for one have now paid my last visit to their ‘toy town’ radio station ! 

1 hour ago, utisbug said:

No mate. I can't agree with the sentiment of not "persecuting someone on the evidence". I'll stick to calling a spade a spade. He made a racist comment. To think the way he does, to make that kind of statement makes him racist. Anybody defending him is wrong. End of. So, what you and many others are saying is sometimes people make racist comments but they aren't racist. Let's let him off, he's not really racist. So who are the racists? How do we spot them? Nobody here personally knows Ramage but enough feel they can vouch for him not being racist? So, is it just folk we've never heard or seen before that are the real racists? I mean folk that sound nice and used to play for Derby aren't really racists, they just make mistakes, right? How thick are people to not understand the precedent you set when allowing language like that? Crazy.

Ooh. Is this still an allowable phrase?

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

I have to say no... judging people for reading a newspaper that’s done the stuff the sun has done after knowing that they’ve done that stuff is quite telling. Don’t get me wrong nowt against the back pages but their front pages are absolute sewage. 
Racial stereotypes are not actually based on anything other than ignorance. 

The other part? I know Asian friends that have been held at gunpoint by armed police on their way homes from a night out. I know that black people are much more likely to be stopped by the police in a car than someone who looks like me. 

Would love to answer this but don't think its the right thread as would be going off on a tangent.

Pay a visit to the Politics Thread sometime!

15 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Rd have took the moan in off. Have coles and Dawes been sacked?

Did Ramage actually get the sack which has been misquoted on here. He would have to be an employee of the BBC to get sacked was he even that - or rather the arrangement was that Ramage was self employed and working as a subcontractor for the BBC

Note the use of words yesterday in the statement from the BBC which didn't mention sacking but rather we will no longer be working with Craig which implies he was never a direct employee. 

Just now, Curtains said:

Oh you want it back on then 

Have never listened to it, I live in Hertfordshire you know although I suppose it would be available on BBC Sounds or whatever. The point is, you asked what they should say, I replied explaining they should acknowledge their regular listeners explaining why they wouldn’t be getting their usual content tonight. The least they could do don’t you think ?

Long thread and I think I’ve read most of it but, and I’m not witch-hunting here, aren’t the presenting and production crew at least partially culpable as CR in that they didn’t mention it on air after it was said? If you listen to quality presenters such as Simon Mayo, if something is said that’s out of line on his shows he’s on it immediately- apologising and admonishing as necessary. 

Just now, Pearl Ram said:

Have never listened to it, I live in Hertfordshire you know although I suppose it would be available on BBC Sounds or whatever. The point is, you asked what they should say, I replied explaining they should acknowledge their regular listeners explaining why they wouldn’t be getting their usual content tonight. The least they could do don’t you think ?

Maybe they Will cancel it altogether I don’t know. .

Maybe they haven’t decided yet 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Did Ramage actually get the sack which has been misquoted on here. He would have to be an employee of the BBC to get sacked was he even that - or rather the arrangement was that Ramage was self employed and working as a subcontractor for the BBC

Note the use of words yesterday in the statement from the BBC which didn't mention sacking but rather we will no longer be working with Craig which implies he was never a direct employee. 

I'd say you are on the right lines.  One report I read mentioned he worked for them "As a freelance".  With the wording of the Beeb's statement, I'd say that technically, there is, nor has been, any "sacking" to be made.

20 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

Add this to their promotion of weather presenter Sally Pepper to morning ‘anchor’ presenter, with her condescending conversations with the ‘older generation’ and annoyingly offensive cackling laugh, and I for one have now paid my last visit to their ‘toy town’ radio station ! 

And to top it all off, she's dating Ed Dawes!

I think it’s important to put some perspective on this.

I am a black man in my 40’s growing up in the 70’s suffering horrendous, unimaginable racist abuse, not only from people in my majorly white British community but also from parents and school teachers.

Whilst what he has said cannot be condoned, it’s a racist comment by definition of the very words he chooses to use. If he says the two full backs or just the young lads etc then it’s just a comment that everyone can debate and either agree or disagree.

Is he a racist ?, no not for a minute do I believe that at all, I have lived through racism, it’s defined me as a person through no fault of my own.  I never asked to be abused, never asked to be singled out when walking into a room where only I looked different from anybody else.

He’s made a mistake, he has received his punishment for what is a lack of judgement and poor use of words. Racists hate, they cannot praise, they cannot admire and most importantly they cannot hide it, if he was this way we would have seen this way before now.

When John Terry behaved the way he did with Anton Ferdinand lots of people who knew him all said football knows what Terry is, this will not happen here because Ramage isn’t that person.  

Because of my colour my opinion matters no more than anyone else’s no matter what colour you are but please let’s not crucify the man for just poor use of words. 

All Derby aren’t we ! 

COYR

Archived