v Huddersfield Town (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

2 hours ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Am I the only one who gets fed up of the negative slant on here most of the time? It feels like having to defend your own team from your fellow supporters. 

I'm not talking about stifling opionin it's just I don't get the need to pretty much constantly have a negative slant about the the club or team.

Not really enjoyable on here, more like hard work. 

I've seen you allude to similar in the past. Am not sure what you expect or more that your expectations are unrealistic if you want everyone to post with a certain degree of positivity against your own internal standards. 

Whether you find it enjoyable or will find it enjoyable going forward therefore is your own personal choice to read said posts.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who gets fed up of the negative slant on here most of the time? It feels like having to defend your own team from your fellow supporters. 

I'm not talking about stifling opionin it's just I don't get the need to pretty much constantly have a negative slant about the the club or team.

Yep, me too. I absolutely get someone saying “I’d have preferred Knight to come on” .. but that gets delivered with the kind of subtext ...Cocu doesn’t know what he’s doing with subs and is a tactical numpty. It’s completely unnecessary and is more than just a differing opinion. Its a sourness that achieves nothing. 

or if a favourite in some quarters gets subbed it’s like religious blasphemy has been committed. 

Just now, jono said:

Yep, me too. I absolutely get someone saying “I’d have preferred Knight to come on” .. but that gets delivered with the kind of subtext ...Cocu doesn’t know what he’s doing with subs and is a tactical numpty. It’s completely unnecessary and is more than just a differing opinion. Its a sourness that achieves nothing. 

or if a favourite in some quarters gets subbed it’s like religious blasphemy has been committed. 

What about the overly positive slant though of some posters. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

This is the reaction that is always claimed - it's just an easy shot. Rather than reply to the 'oh he shouldn't have subbed him, better to play blah blah', just say oh well you would say that!

As for 'I'd have preferred Knight to come on' if you look for a subtext you'll find it, afterall Cocu didn't bring him on, why?

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Surely that’s more understandable? People want to offer encouragement and be a little excited. supporting Derby is part of our escape. Something we are, and want to be, proud of. I haven’t seen anyone claiming he’s the next messiah but asking people to be patient and give him time because he’s earned that at least.

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Much of that is a mix humour, hope and you know, that word ...  support 

Even the most vehement happy clappers aren’t as blind, angry or cynical as the Meldrew brigade who seem to relish failure.

there were a couple of stray passes at some point yesterday .. you could see what the player was trying to do and it was the right thing. It just didn’t come off. You hear voices saying you xxxxx ! Or useless t**t .. that sort of response crushes invention and desire to succeed. We want players to be creative so why stamp on the will to do that. ?

Just now, biellaram said:

Surely that’s more understandable? People want to offer encouragement and be a little excited. supporting Derby is part of our escape. Something we are, and want to be, proud of. I haven’t seen anyone claiming he’s the next messiah but asking people to be patient and give him time because he’s earned that at least.

Constructive criticism is ok of course it is. 

But some fans won’t hear a word of criticism about their team and favorites 

I'm afraid, sadly, it's the sign of the times and social media etc that allows folk to vent their spleen often at a time when emotions are still a little raw after a poor/unsatisfactory/disappointing result or performance. This forum is far from unique and if you go on other clubs message boards you'll almost certainly see the same. 

Doesn't make it right and some will never change so it's something we'll have to put up with. 

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is the reaction that is always claimed - it's just an easy shot. Rather than reply to the 'oh he shouldn't have subbed him, better to play blah blah', just say oh well you would say that!

As for 'I'd have preferred Knight to come on' if you look for a subtext you'll find it, afterall Cocu didn't bring him on, why?

Kerching.. actually I said Martin was taken off because his blood was up, was on a yellow and wasn’t getting much change .. all true and objective 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Kerching.. actually I said Martin was taken off because his blood was up, was on a yellow and wasn’t getting much change .. all true and objective 

How do you know I was talking about Martin? Assumption! Kerching!

See geddit lazy by you. So why wonder that there's such a tit-for-tat atmosphere on here when the team plays badly!

8 minutes ago, jono said:

Even the most vehement happy clappers aren’t as blind, angry or cynical as the Meldrew brigade who seem to relish failure.

there were a couple of stray passes at some point yesterday .. you could see what the player was trying to do and it was the right thing. It just didn’t come off. You hear voices saying you xxxxx ! Or useless t**t .. that sort of response crushes invention and desire to succeed. We want players to be creative so why stamp on the will to do that. ?

When players are consistently doing the wrong things in games and not what the manager wants then the manager has to deal with it. 
We are just the fans and players should be backed but we can still have opinions .

I think in general this Forum is well balanced and run well. 

PS Not sure ironically clapping Roos is helping. 

9 minutes ago, jono said:

Perhaps they get pissed off with the constant assumptions that they're not real fans, like us non-questioning Derby supporters!

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you know I was talking about Martin? Assumption! Kerching!

See geddit lazy by you. So why wonder that there's such a tit-for-tat atmosphere on here when the team plays badly!

But you were .. I know you were, you know you were, I claim my fiver and my title role in the new movie.... Sherlock the curse of the Ram 

Just now, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

I actually agreed with bringing on Shinnie, we were getting dominated and struggling to win the ball.

Shinnie did well but that wild challenge for his booking was unnecessary and his passing is sometimes off .

Sibley is the same sort of player a they walk a tightrope with referees.

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

When players are consistently doing the wrong things in games and not what the manager wants then the manager has to deal with it. 
We are just the fans and players should be backed but we can still have opinions .

I think in general this Forum is well balanced and run well. 

Totally concur and think that it would detract from the forum if everyone opined the same polarised view 

7 minutes ago, jono said:

I’d never say that about you Roy ??

You better not think it either! ? ? ? 

It difficult to be happy and positive when this season has been like a ship in a storm, and just when you think it's calmed down ...

We're like junkies, hooked on success, it's no fun when we don't get it every season! ?

Archived