v Bristol City (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Pearl Ram said:

So were Luton. Not gonna start moaning but it frustrates the bejasus out of me when all our good work is undone by pretty basic errors. Careless.

I agree , I have to be careful what I say otherwise people moan at me for being too down but we really do have awful defenders the amount of poor goals from crosses and corners we concede is frightening ?

Played some really good football but does Lowe really do enough to stop the cross for first goal and yet again Bogle reacts later than BC player at back post ...they are both good players but there defending at times is bloody cack

but this performance is still an upgrade on Charlton away Brentford etc 

Are we allergic to crossing? Get them in to the box and its 50 50 but no, we dilly dally about then lose possession. I dont think we've actually been that great, we need goals. Get Forsyth and Marriott on. 

Absolutely classic Derby away performance that. Top quality in midfield, but a total and absolute lack of concentration at the back. More goals from aerial balls. When will we ever learn? It’s pathetic, it really is. Undoes all our hard work. You’d say Bristol don’t deserve it, but we deserve everything that’s coming to us when we switch off like that. Have to be a lot more incisive in the final third second half as well if we’re gonna have any chance of getting back into this. We’ve been brilliant in the middle of the park, but the front three have been totally ineffective whenever they’ve got the ball.

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Unfortunately our best full back isn’t playing and we are clearly missing his strength and aerial presence. Not really sure why Lowe is playing unless Forsyth’s ACL means he can’t play 2 games in a week. Both full backs to blame for both goals for me. 

Was about to say exactly the same. I also believe attacking wise Forsyth is more of a threat with his early balls into the box. Can’t quite understand why Lowe cuts in so much into his weaker foot. 

It all comes down to the fact that our defence is ducking crap at defending crosses and counter attacks so basically most the attacks they face against decent teams, if we want to do well next season we have to address the defence as it is clearly piss poor all round, haven't got 1 out and out defender who is reliable and dependable most weeks, loosing Keogh ducked us over.

Archived