v Bristol City (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Is it the end of the world again?

Apparently this is the game that determines whether or not we get into the top 6. Not sure as to why, other than I've seen someone in the media say it. ? 

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sparkle said:

I am hunk you are correct about the amount of games he can do which might be the same with Martin but I expected Forsyth to start against the very long ball and physical Huddersfield on Saturday 

This.....A lot of people don't understand that a players recovery from an ACL isn't over in their first game back. Forsyth will need to be regularly monitored and given breaks whenever required no matter who the opposition is, especially given the fact that he's had three of these injuries!

Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

We've absolutely schooled them for all bar 10 minutes but we do seem to fall asleep in defence at times and against the run of play, it's really hurt us tonight. Bristol look pretty ordinary to me and are lucky not to have 2 or 3 players on cards already.

Not actually had a meaningful shot though ... lovely football which is to be applauded but bar holmes right angle shot .. 

time wasnt built in a day and all that but their keeper isn’t exactly sweating his taters off lol

Wingers need to do more to help our full backs out as we’re being overloaded on the flanks. 
Defence as a whole need to start challenging for every ball. 
Bird and Rooney started really well as one of them was always in space. Bristol started marking a lot tighter after about 20 minutes. Holmes seems to have been tightly marked from kickoff. All three need to do a bit more to stay in space. 

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Bristol are one of the worst teams in the division at home this season. Unfortunately we are even worse away.

We are still playing much better than most of our away performances but with two piss poor defenders in Lowe and Bogle what do you expect ...surely can send now how poor defensively they both are ....frustrating but nice to see us playing some decent football ...we will win more than we lose playing like this if we can sort out the full backs ....eg stop the cross stop the goal ...just hanging your foot at a cross is crap from Lowe ...any one of us on here would’ve put more effort in to stop that cross ....grrrrrrrr?

Just now, Nick_Ram said:

Derby fans yesterday: "Do we have the best fullbacks in the league?"

Derby fans today: "Our fullbacks can't defend for poo."

Well only the happy clapper bunch would think the 1st is true , both not true really but it is obvious to all that Bogle can't defend very well , Lowe has had games where has defended solidly , he just needs more consistency.

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

As I said, I'm no sure Forsyth would do that much better its not like he is some godly defender  who plays very well all the time, he was great vs Stoke but he has had his bad games as well.

True. But what is the point in a full back pushing up, if they are then simply going to play a safe nothing ball. We need to go towards the line and put over a dangerous cross.

brizzle have done it. They have been a bit braver. 

Very frustrating. 

3 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Derby fans yesterday: "Do we have the best fullbacks in the league?"

Derby fans today: "Our fullbacks can't defend for poo."

I laughed when I read that  post 

we haven’t 

most potential in terms of a pair .. maybe .. but certainly not the best as it stands 

I take most posts like that with  the pinch of salt they deserve as they’re usually written by the same bi polar .. we won ... playoffs promotion .. we lost relegation sack cocu, sack keogh , sack mel brigade lol

The fat lady hasn’t sung .. hope we come out fighting. 

I’m not watching but the stats and text commentary seem to suggest 2-0 is flattering Bristol  ? .. are we up and moving the ball well ? If so then there is always hope. Come on Derby 

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

Well only the happy clapper bunch would think the 1st is true , both not true really but it is obvious to all that Bogle can't defend very well , Lowe has had games where has defended solidly , he just needs more consistency.

He gets wiped out on the second goal.

but never mind....we can’t change that now.

But we can offer more threat. 

Archived