v Bristol City (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Apparently this is the game that determines whether or not we get into the top 6. Not sure as to why, other than I've seen someone in the media say it. ? 

As other results stand, a win means we’re 5 points off top 6. A loss makes that 10 points. With just 14 games remaining, 10 points is probably too much to make up. 

Baffles me that people think we have played well this half bar the 2 goals. All we have done is pass the ball pointlessly in front of their back four. No penetration nothing. Anyone can keep the ball and pass it around with no end product. What’s the point in playing Martin if you’re not going to use him and get it into his feet so people can play off him. All they’re doing is passing it sideways backwards sideways as per usual. Evident this has been drilled into them and it’s so boring and predictable to watch. 

I hate this style of football it is boring and pointless. Awful style of play we have to contend with for the foreseeable, which is totally unsuited to the championship. 

Don’t buy into the idea we’ve been the better team. All very well having plenty of possession and spraying lovely passes around but we’ve been so passive on the ball. We’re ponderous in their half and our link up play when we get near to the box is weak. Lack any threat in behind which is fine but our link up play isn’t quick enough to break through their lines. 

Bristol have been aggressive when they’ve got the ball and targeted our weaknesses, the full backs can’t stop crosses coming in and they know we’ll give them chances from balls into the box.

This is what a team with no decent wingers and no leader in the defence looks like. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Theres only two clubs in the division who have shipped more away goals then us, one of them is rock bottom Luton.

Would love to know what coaching goes on at Moor Farm regards stopping crosses and defending set pieces.

Absolutely. 

Meh. What ticks me off is when there is no evidence of identified flaws being reduced or eliminated. 

The weak at stopping crosses thing is not new. We've heard about how our coaches do lots of 1-1 stuff which all sounds grandy and dandy. 

So why are the issues still occurring. Or do I take solace from the fact we're now conceding after 30 mins rather than 10?

Bogle's such a strange player. He can go past anyone; but he never seems to believe he can until it happens - which is rare, because he doesn't try. Properly bizarre to try and decipher him. 

Archived