Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 minutes ago, Archied said:

You do realise your banging your head against a brick wall , there’s a cult that if Messi signed for us and got 60 goals a season there would be a bundle of excuses why he got more than Martin , he would add nothing to the team but goals and would have been far far better had he had Martin played alongside him in a two up front ?

There is no cult. Just because you dont agree doesnt make it a cult. Some of us just like what Martin has done in a Derby shirt and think he could have done a job still especially complementing the youngsters for less than we would have to fork out on someone new.  Also has if you cant recognise the subtle humour and love of winding posters like you up behind many of the pro-Chris posts you are perhaps on the wrong forum. And Messi wont come here as HMRC would instantly be all over him. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Xlor said:

I'll support Derby even if we're non league, never moan at games. I'll be the pratt standing and clapping after a 5-0 drubbing. My eyes are going south but I reckon I can still separate good players from average ones. All this keogh/martin love bugs to death me that's all. They're not club legends or anywhere near as some say they are on here. I just want better, like everyone else I should imagine. 

But is the issue not that far too many Derby fans strive so much for better that they don’t appreciate what they have? 

Like, even in his pomp people were crying out for us to replace Martin with a striker who was quick. He’s scored 76 goals for Derby and set up another 32 and yet he’s fairly unpopular because people like running and speed.

5 minutes ago, Gisby said:

In the grand scheme of things I’m relatively new to the forum. I understand you can put a poster on ignore but is there any way you can delete\hide a specific thread so you can no longer see it? Just asking for a friend!!! ???

The best way to hide the content is not click on it. 

18 minutes ago, sage said:

The best way to hide the content is not click on it. 

Thanks I’ll let him know. Think his problem is self control, can’t help clicking just to see what’s being said but then on certain threads instantly wishes he hadn’t!! Perhaps he’ll grow out of it. 

Just now, Gisby said:

Thanks I’ll let him know. Think his problem is self control, can’t help clicking just to see what’s being said but then on certain threads instantly wishes he hadn’t!! Perhaps he’ll grow out of it. 

Like all the other things he really should grow out of, I doubt it. ?

24 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

There is no cult. Just because you dont agree doesnt make it a cult. Some of us just like what Martin has done in a Derby shirt and think he could have done a job still especially complementing the youngsters for less than we would have to fork out on someone new.  Also has if you cant recognise the subtle humour and love of winding posters like you up behind many of the pro-Chris posts you are perhaps on the wrong forum. And Messi wont come here as HMRC would instantly be all over him. 

????, you really think prodding the cult is not extremely humorous? It’s proper funny seeing the stat digging excuse making other player digging out, and on Messi , we have posters thinking Martin may get signed by a prem team so on that thinking I don’t reckon we can dismiss the possibility of Messi coming to Derby

30 minutes ago, cannable said:

But is the issue not that far too many Derby fans strive so much for better that they don’t appreciate what they have? 

Like, even in his pomp people were crying out for us to replace Martin with a striker who was quick. He’s scored 76 goals for Derby and set up another 32 and yet he’s fairly unpopular because people like running and speed.

You really believe he’s unpopular? Wow

22 minutes ago, Archied said:

You really believe he’s unpopular? Wow

In the context of all the goals and assists he’s registered for the club, yes. Some people can’t let the ‘fat, mardy and lazy’ thing go.

Some people pick on the fact he chews gum? 

35 minutes ago, Archied said:

????, you really think prodding the cult is not extremely humorous? It’s proper funny seeing the stat digging excuse making other player digging out, and on Messi , we have posters thinking Martin may get signed by a prem team so on that thinking I don’t reckon we can dismiss the possibility of Messi coming to Derby

It has always been my dream that some day a Messi will come to us for no fee and no wages just because his dad was a huge fan in the 1970s. I know we have Wayne but it's not from love of our club is it

17 minutes ago, cannable said:

In the context of all the goals and assists he’s registered for the club, yes. Some people can’t let the ‘fat, mardy and lazy’ thing go.

This.... 

Oh and the diving. 

And the moaning at other players. 

29 minutes ago, cannable said:

But don’t you understand that everybody has their likes and dislike ( things that grind they’re gears ) and most people have bits we like and don’t likeabout them , doesn’t mean he’s unpopular, my experience is there is a small group that unevenly under rate / don’t like Martin , just as there is a small group that are the opposite and almost cultist ,but in the main Martin is well liked and rated fairly , love / loved watching Martin at his best but also find him frustrating as fxxx to watch when he’s not at it 

I think we are really going to struggle to find a replacement for him , will end up with Waghorn ,Ingram ,Bennett and Marriott as our only senior striker options which isn't good enough. Marriott is always injured and has seemed to have lost his touch, Waghorn can't finish very well and has a donkey touch and Ingram hasn't played proper senior football and is unproven, bit of a worry for me going into the season with the potential of being a couple of injuries away or a suspension from having Bennett and Ingram as our only options.

Archived