Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

But the problem lies in, do you really trust Waggy with your one chance in a really tight game that he's going to score it? I personally don't - and that cost us plenty of points this season, and will continue to if he's our main striker going forward. I understand your points about confidence and a position, and it all factors in, but I just think some people are natural finishers and some aren't, and Waggy isn't. 

Maybe not, but then I would pin my hopes on Marriott sharing the load where Waghorn has a role off the bench coming on in the same position and not relying on Marriott for 90 minutes each game when we know there are question marks over his fitness

5 minutes ago, David said:

Maybe not, but then I would pin my hopes on Marriott sharing the load where Waghorn has a role off the bench coming on in the same position and not relying on Marriott for 90 minutes each game when we know there are question marks over his fitness

I do worry about how long Marriott is going to stay fit for. We can't have another year like the last from him, he needs to be available for 80% of games or we may as well get rid.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I do worry about how long Marriott is going to stay fit for. We can't have another year like the last from him, he needs to be available for 80% of games or we may as well get rid.

Does look like he’s looked after himself over the short break, we have a player there and hope we can find a way to keep him fit and get the most out of him.

He will be rusty when the season starts which is understandable, few weeks in and hopefully we see the sharpness we saw at Elland Road 

18 minutes ago, David said:

Does look like he’s looked after himself over the short break, we have a player there and hope we can find a way to keep him fit and get the most out of him.

He will be rusty when the season starts which is understandable, few weeks in and hopefully we see the sharpness we saw at Elland Road 

Unfortunately that was a very brief highlight in a disappointing time with us overall.

If he manages 12 goals this season (for Derby) I will be surprised but pleased.

I just don't see him at Derby under Cocu in the long term,he will surely be looking at getting a proper target man in.

48 minutes ago, Andicis said:

But the problem lies in, do you really trust Waggy with your one chance in a really tight game that he's going to score it? I personally don't - and that cost us plenty of points this season, and will continue to if he's our main striker going forward. I understand your points about confidence and a position, and it all factors in, but I just think some people are natural finishers and some aren't, and Waggy isn't. 

No.  Whats Paul Simpson doing nowadays.  Buried 99 of 100 one v one .  Always entertaining watching him and Tommy Johnson in the same time.  Lightning quick but the exact opposite.  Should have a hatrick in twenty minutes  in the playoff against Leicester.

16 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Unfortunately that was a very brief highlight in a disappointing time with us overall.

If he manages 12 goals this season (for Derby) I will be surprised but pleased.

I just don't see him at Derby under Cocu in the long term,he will surely be looking at getting a proper target man in.

I know you’re hurting right now, one day you will wake up and realise Christopher has gone and be able to love again. We’ve all been there 

14 minutes ago, David said:

I know you’re hurting right now, one day you will wake up and realise Christopher has gone and be able to love again. We’ve all been there 

Still won't make Waggy a skilful striker, he's a slightly above average work-horse of a player. Who many love because he's a bit of a scamp who is seen to be 'trying hard'. ?

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Still won't make Waggy a skilful striker, he's a slightly above average work-horse of a player. Who many love because he's a bit of a scamp who is seen to be 'trying hard'. ?

He’s our player though, Martin isn’t...learn to love, not hate ?

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, your description is accurate in my opinion. We paid over the odds for Waghorn. We seem to have been after the player for a fair while on and off. Rather a disappointment after eventually signing him. 

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wise words mate. I like Waggers but he has less ability than what’s needed. 

1 hour ago, David said:

I fear you are in for a lot of disappointment if you are expecting that pacy striker you so desire to be either jack or indeed his replacement,whoever that might be.

Perhaps you will get rowett back one day though which should totally fulfill your needs for artless football,as you appear to have little interest in the football many of us appreciate.

42 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Wise words mate. I like Waggers but he has less ability than what’s needed. 

Waghorn is a very decent striker for this level and I find it quite sad that he is dissed by some because Chris Martin is their fav and they can’t move on , fair play waghorn is not the complete player but neither is Martin ,truth is if you could blend the best bits of both into one player then you would have a very decent player that we couldn’t keep hold of ,

its time to let go of the Martin obsession boys , he’s not been a regular under the last few managers ,been loaned out but never quite saleable, now he has been offered a contract that he doesn’t feel is good enough and wants to move on ,it’s time we did too with thanks for his time and good memories of it 

2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

So just to be clear, we will never have a good striker at the club ever again now Chris ‘the messiah’ Martin has left?

So just to be clear, even with a huge amount of attempts, we've never managed to get a striker even close to Chris Martin's level since he signed in 2013.

Archived