Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Martin in 13/14 scored more than Vydra in 17/18

Martin and Vydra are the two best forwards we have had in recent times and it is still baffling to me that they were never paired together as I believe they would have been terrific but we probably would have needed a more solid 442, maybe the managers we had were trying to accommodate other players into the team at the expense of our best two centre forwards. I mean the likes of Ince Lawrence and a variety of defensive midfielders.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Nope, not really. Was also in considerably less playing time.

The point really was that Martin isn’t the first and won’t be the last player capable of scoring goals for us.

He doesn’t define Derby, time to move on.

Point scoring over goal-scoring, yeah I see what you're about then. ?

Who said he defines Derby? Got a bit of a bee in your bonnet for no reason...

17 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

The point really was that Martin isn’t the first and won’t be the last player capable of scoring goals for us.

You do realise your banging your head against a brick wall , there’s a cult that if Messi signed for us and got 60 goals a season there would be a bundle of excuses why he got more than Martin , he would add nothing to the team but goals and would have been far far better had he had Martin played alongside him in a two up front ?

27 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

But your point is just a cliche, it doesn’t mean anything, it’s just being argumentative for argument’s sake 

The only argument I’ve seen for as to why it’s time to move on is that he is older to which the counter argument would be that he never ran anyway 

5 minutes ago, cannable said:

But your point is just a cliche, it doesn’t mean anything, it’s just being argumentative for argument’s sake 

The only argument I’ve seen for as to why it’s time to move on is that he is older to which the counter argument would be that he never ran anyway 

The reason to move on is simply that he no longer plays for us. You were right before when you called it tedious, not sure why I got involved.

Continue the pining.

On 21/08/2020 at 12:54, TuffLuff said:

Arent you just admitting that supporting Derby might not be for you? I mean it’s nearly a quarter of a century so it might not be worth your time.

I'll support Derby even if we're non league, never moan at games. I'll be the pratt standing and clapping after a 5-0 drubbing. My eyes are going south but I reckon I can still separate good players from average ones. All this keogh/martin love bugs to death me that's all. They're not club legends or anywhere near as some say they are on here. I just want better, like everyone else I should imagine. 

In the grand scheme of things I’m relatively new to the forum. I understand you can put a poster on ignore but is there any way you can delete\hide a specific thread so you can no longer see it? Just asking for a friend!!! ???

Archived