Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

2 players per position is the perfect number, each position has to have competition. Having 2 pros and 2 youngsters seems ideal to me?

While I agree with that in principal, at what point do they stop being youngsters. Both Knight and Whittaker have spent the last season getting regular minutes for the first team, Knight more so than Whittaker. Buying 2 new wingers and putting them to the back of the queue will hinder their development IMO,

2 minutes ago, Ram Bam said:

While I agree with that in principal, at what point do they stop being youngsters. Both Knight and Whittaker have spent the last season getting regular minutes for the first team, Knight more so than Whittaker. Buying 2 new wingers and putting them to the back of the queue will hinder their development IMO,

Their squad status isn't that important due to the fact that neither of them are natural wingers anyway. Knight is a box-to-box midfielder while Whittaker is a striker, inside forward at a push. 

Having proper wingers will make a world of difference to how we play and won't hinder either of the youngsters' development. Knight will play in midfield more and Whittaker will likely come off the bench since he isn't ready to start yet. 

Arguably the Byrne signing was the most regressive when it comes to the academy as it directly blocks Ebosele's first team opportunities?

4 minutes ago, Ram Bam said:

Thing is you can't just keep picking them because they are young. At some stage they need to move from U23 standard to first team standard. 

There will be times when they will be dropped and that will test them too. 

Derby County the business needs to thrive to survive and it will be a combination of youth and experience which will assist that. 

4 hours ago, Terry Hennessy said:

I cant understand what the situation is with Jozefzoon. Not being given a squad number either suggests he's on the way out or a kick up the backside. If he's to remain with us, unless Ibe does sign it would be interesting to see how we'd operate with Jozwiak on one wing and Ibe / Jozefzoon on the other....

As Cocu said some people may need to find a different project which I assumed to mean Malone and jozefzoon 

Archived