Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

1 minute ago, Rab a dab doo said:

If they leave it tooooooooooooooooooo long the season will be over before he signs. 

Bet he's already signed. They just will wait for the announcement, if we didn't have a game tonight they probably would announce, but they'll save it till tomorrow now.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

just had a call from a mate who works at Homebase, apparently the reason he hasnt signed is he wants rattan furniture and not the normal stuff and homebase Derby are out, they are trying to source it from somewhere else.

Can someone catch me up on all the Homebase references? 

2 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Can someone catch me up on all the Homebase references? 

Many many moons ago on another forum, long lost to the mists of time, there was a worried rumbling amongst the fan base that the ever popular enigma, known as Tommy Smith, was casting his eyes to pastures new. Ever the ITK, my eyes on the ground, working in his vocation as a Homebase replenishing technician, helped allay my fears with the golden nugget of insight that the aforementioned Tommy Smith had just frequented and purchased a whole patio set. Sensible mere mortals like yourself and I wouldn’t dream of buying a patio set before a regional relocation so surely the prodigal son was to say? I relayed said beam of anecdotal hope and the rest, as they say, is history. Written in the annals of time, the folklore is of the patio set test remains.

He left the next week.

28 minutes ago, Red_ram said:

Many many moons ago on another forum, long lost to the mists of time, there was a worried rumbling amongst the fan base that the ever popular enigma, known as Tommy Smith, was casting his eyes to pastures new. Ever the ITK, my eyes on the ground, working in his vocation as a Homebase replenishing technician, helped allay my fears with the golden nugget of insight that the aforementioned Tommy Smith had just frequented and purchased a whole patio set. Sensible mere mortals like yourself and I wouldn’t dream of buying a patio set before a regional relocation so surely the prodigal son was to say? I relayed said beam of anecdotal hope and the rest, as they say, is history. Written in the annals of time, the folklore is of the patio set test remains.

He left the next week.

A fine, atmospheric post Red_rum. Sorry I mean Red_ ram. I wonder if he unpacked the aforementioned garden accessory before he left. Perhaps we can only pontificate on the likelihood of such an occurrence. COYR. 

3 minutes ago, Nookiebear1 said:

It was hilarious at the time and it's still funny when people hark back to it but I bet it is very confusing if you're a new member?? why do they keep talking about a patio set? ???

Because we have given quite a number of unconvincing performances including the run in to last season. This had led to nostalgia which is like neuralgia but does not hurt as much.

Day 5349 of lockdown.........sorry the Joswiak transfer saga, still no sign of the player, Homebase have now restocked for the 2023 summer season, water is running out and we are recovering from Covid 22. The news black out at Moor Farm continues with Philip Cocu junior (the son of the former manager) refusing to confirm or deny that Joswiak actually exists amongst persistent rumours that it a footballing version of a catfish scenario. Boris Johnson in his second stint as prime minster has asked for calm and clarity over the situation. The EFL have fined the Rams £500,000 and deducted 12 points for the lack of the Joswiak signing....but even that is on hold while Gibson's lawyers try to find a law that DCFC have broken. In the meantime the Gumps have been relegated to the 2nd Division.    

Archived