EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

Could be the FFP issue is based purely on the interpretation of the rules. I hope it's not a retrospective punishment discounting the stadium sale on the EFLs part as it could open up a few wounds for other clubs in the league.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ThePrisoner said:

It goes to a panel first. Let's actually wait and see what happens when both representatives from the club and EFL present.

Yeah hopefully we’ll get away with it, but something tells me they won’t let us get away with this one. We’ve showed them up with this stadium nonsense, they’re probably looking for blood. 

Just sick to death of the way this club is run. It’s one thing after another. I don’t trust the ones running our club from top to bottom. I have as much faith in Mel Morris as I do our scouting and analytics team. 

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

It goes to a panel first. Let's actually wait and see what happens when both representatives from the club and EFL present.

But that’s beside the point, we were told time and time again NOT to worry about FFP and that’s it isn’t a concern to our club because we are well ran. Nothing may come of it, but the fact it’s come this far is worrying, people at the club have basically lied to us.

Wednesday should have their verdict back before ours. If they get away with it, we will. If they don't then there's still the possibility of us getting away with it.

Given the stadium sales (for both clubs) were signed off by the EFL, it'll simply result in appeals higher up the food chain until it's accepted.

Just now, Sexydadbod said:

But that’s beside the point, we were told time and time again NOT to worry about FFP and that’s it isn’t a concern to our club because we are well ran. Nothing may come of it, but the fact it’s come this far is worrying, people at the club have basically lied to us.

And all of a sudden the EFL are held to a much higher standard because our club is now being targeted by them? 

2 minutes ago, Gritty said:

But maybe stadium value regarded as inflated (given every other club sold their stadium for a lot less?)

Possibly but still smacks of the EFL moving the goalposts. They need to get their own house in order first. If they hadn't sold the TV rights for a bag of chips and a can of dandelion and burdock then every team would have more money to play with. Draconian halfwits.

1 minute ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Can someone please explain this to me as if I were a 5 year old. All I know is we’re in big doo doo.

The club sold the stadium to Mel under approval of the EFL.
The club then conducted business in a manner which it wouldn't have ordinarily done if the EFL hadn't approved the sale.
The EFL then approved out financial report(s).
The EFL waited until Gibson complained before looking into the stadium sale.
The EFL concluded it wasn't right, and probably took the profit from the sale out of the accounts, resulting in us overspending for that financial period.
The EFL then released a statement saying "Derby County charged with excess losses"

So let me get this right. We’ve been charged for excessive losses to ffp. Apart from the EFL signed off our stadium sale and had no problem with this therefore we haven’t made excessive losses it’s just the EFL seemingly making up the rules as we go on. It’s appalling to be honest. I’m not worried In the slightest. We’ll take it to the high courts and we’ll show them that we didn’t make excessive losses through ffp as the stadium sale covered our bacon. Nothing to be worried about 

Maybe...just maybe (and I'm REALLY clutching at straws here..)

They have charged us because Stephen Pearce is currently on the EFL Board of Directors, and they don't want to appear to be giving us an  easy time whilst other clubs like Wednesday are being hauled over the coals?

We need to remember here that the EFL is a self-regulating body run by all the clubs that make up the EFL

Archived