EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

8 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Well be fine. The EFL have contradicted themselves which we will 100% use against them in court. We will claim that they gave us the all clear and let us carry on with normal proceedings and then they have changed their minds. Nothing to worry about. 

I’m on your team Big Trav ??

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The decision to spend £10m on one player - out for the season - looks even more misguided on these circumstances.

We could have not just spent the money and been in exactly the same position in this point.

Our stint in the second tier is the longest at present. News like this means we're more likely to exit from the bottom than the top.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ducks sake. This could spell absolute disaster. Points deduction, transfer ban. No ones gonna wanna invest in this mess, and I wouldn’t blame Cocu for quitting either. 

Clubs being run like an absolute circus by Mel and the board. Who on earth is in charge of the finances? We’ve not even made much of a transfer loss the last few years, so how on earth is this even possible?! Where the hell is the money going?! Total utter incompetency. Ever since Mel took over we’ve only gone backwards. He’s taking us the ground with a total lack of organisation. Unsuitable managers, appalling recruitment team... it was only heading one way. To something like this. It’s totally unacceptable. We look a total laughing stock. I refuse to watch our club get run to ruin by fools who couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.

Board out!!!

I knew I could count on you to not over-react.

The way Mel works, this will probably end up with us receiving £100m damages and a place in the Prem next season, as compensation for QPR robbing us of our rightful place.

The 30 point deduction will be split amongst the other teams who have the same shirt sponsor, as punishment for their lack of financial chicanery.

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ducks sake. This could spell absolute disaster. Points deduction, transfer ban. No ones gonna wanna invest in this mess, and I wouldn’t blame Cocu for quitting either. 

Clubs being run like an absolute circus by Mel and the board. Who on earth is in charge of the finances? We’ve not even made much of a transfer loss the last few years, so how on earth is this even possible?! Where the hell is the money going?! Total utter incompetency. Ever since Mel took over we’ve only gone backwards. He’s taking us the ground with a total lack of organisation. Unsuitable managers, appalling recruitment team... it was only heading one way. To something like this. It’s totally unacceptable. We look a total laughing stock. I refuse to watch our club get run to ruin by fools who couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.

Board out!!!

Well sometimes you actually talk some sense but unfortunately most of that is complete nonsense 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Is this for the 3 years prior to 2018.  I believe it is. 

Good point, I guess so?

Funny how you can spend £30m on Ince, Vydra, Johnson, Weimann, Camara, Anya, Jozefzoon and Butterfield and a.) not get promoted and b.) it come back to bite you on the arse.

Good - it was our own incompetence that has brought us to the point where we had to sell the stadium to stay within the rules. We knew the rules and we decided to risk it anyway. If they hadn't changed the rules to allow stadium sales as part of FFP we would be royally ducksd. 

As it stands though I can't really see how the EFL have a leg to stand on in any court case - they signed the sale off and it is not against the rules, so I wish them the best of luck trying to win that one. (if it is related to the stadium)

The whole thing is entirely down to the incompetent mismanagement of the club finances - entirely our own fault.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

You couldn’t write it, the football league are effectively stopping investment and issuing a fine to ensure we don’t go bust

What a lovely organisation, ensuring the longevity of football league clubs everywhere. 

As a member, we were part of drawing up the rules, were we not?

Suited us to hide behind them when we had little cash, no point crying now.

Archived