EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

They don't though, do they? Loads of clubs have broken the rules. The rules basically invite you to break them if you can spend enough to brute force promotion you never have to pay for breaking the rules.

And all of those clubs are entitled clubs who think they belong in the Premier League.

If we werent throwing money about, if the other clubs weren't throwing money about, the cost of the championship wouldn't be as high for all clubs

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not this time I don’t think. This isn’t a threat. This is a charge.

Even if we do get away with it, this doesn’t happen if a club is being run correctly. Players get paid on time if a club is run correctly. A club that’s run correctly has foreign scouts. A club that’s run correctly doesn’t need to sell it’s stadium. A club that’s run correctly has transfer windows where they actually make the signings they set out to. A club that’s run correctly doesn’t employ a succession of managers that play entirely different styles. A club that’s run correctly doesn’t blow its whole transfer budget on entirely unsuitable players.

No, this isn’t an overreaction. The signs have been there for a long, long time. This just confirms it. Mel Morris is running this club into the ground. This could have a devastating effect on the long term future of this club. I’m not having anymore ******** excuses for a bloke who quite clearly doesn’t have a clue how to run a football club just because he’s from Derby. If MM was foreign, there’d be protests on Saturday.

I can't quite wrap my head round this bit. I run my cars into the ground by skimping on servicing and buying off-brand parts. Mel appears to have spunked too much of his ambition on being as successful at owning a football club as everything else. The "cleverness", the non-standard accounting, the absurd changes in focus, policy, manager etc.

The only thing keeping me from blowing up is apparently it's his own money he's wasted (although i'm half expecting to find out it was all credit and we're actually massively in debt the way this season is going)

Everything else, however I totally agree with, this could be very damaging both short and long term.

51 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Mel did say we're in trouble if we don't go up on the day of the Villa game. Guess he wasn't wrong. 

Just a shame that Lampard wanted to make his exit to Chelsea as easy as possible, which wouldn't be the case if we had got promoted.

If we got the Stadium independently valuated by a company not affiliated with us; I don't see how anyone elses valuation can matter?

If we didn't get it independently valuated; or we got it independently valuated by a company affiliated with us; then we're ducked. But if we did I reckon we win this fight. 

EFL charging us means they are directly contesting the valuation which matters not only to us but whichever organisation issued the valuation. We could, potentially, turn around to them and sue them - if we end up agreeing with the EFL. 

We received an independent valuation and then sold the stadium at that price. Either the EFL are ducking up right now, or the valuers ducked up back then - either way we have someone to fight.

34 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Well be fine. The EFL have contradicted themselves which we will 100% use against them in court. We will claim that they gave us the all clear and let us carry on with normal proceedings and then they have changed their minds. Nothing to worry about. 

This isn't right.  They are on about losses in the 3 years up to and including year stadium sold. Not what we did in year after (that's a headache yet to come)

16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not this time I don’t think. This isn’t a threat. This is a charge.

Even if we do get away with it, this doesn’t happen if a club is being run correctly. Players get paid on time if a club is run correctly. A club that’s run correctly has foreign scouts. A club that’s run correctly doesn’t need to sell it’s stadium. A club that’s run correctly has transfer windows where they actually make the signings they set out to. A club that’s run correctly doesn’t employ a succession of managers that play entirely different styles. A club that’s run correctly doesn’t blow its whole transfer budget on entirely unsuitable players.

No, this isn’t an overreaction. The signs have been there for a long, long time. This just confirms it. Mel Morris is running this club into the ground. This could have a devastating effect on the long term future of this club. I’m not having anymore ******** excuses for a bloke who quite clearly doesn’t have a clue how to run a football club just because he’s from Derby. If MM was foreign, there’d be protests on Saturday.

Very well said sir !!

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

If we got the Stadium independently valuated by a company not affiliated with us; I don't see how anyone elses valuation can matter?

If we didn't get it independently valuated; or we got it independently valuated by a company affiliated with us; then we're ducked. But if we did I reckon we win this fight. 

EFL charging us means they are directly contesting the valuation which matters not only to us but whichever organisation issued the valuation. We could, potentially, turn around to them and sue them - if we end up agreeing with the EFL. 

We received an independent valuation and then sold the stadium at that price. Either the EFL are ducking up right now, or the valuers ducked up back then - either way we have someone to fight.

I guess it depends on the method of valuation and how that ties in with EFL rules.

My guess is that there were not rules in place specifying method of valuation.

28 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Well be fine. The EFL have contradicted themselves which we will 100% use against them in court. We will claim that they gave us the all clear and let us carry on with normal proceedings and then they have changed their minds. Nothing to worry about. 

I don’t think the sale of the stadium is the issue. It’s the amount paid. The stadium was on our books as an asset for 41 million,  yet was sold for 80. Add this extra 39 million onto our stated loss of 8 million and that’s the problem, it breaches the allowed 39 mil over 3 years. The FA accepted  the sale but not the amount. We are in bother,  as are the so called independent valuer who made up the 80 million figure. It’s not the FA I would worry about If I was Mel. It’s the possible investigation by the inland revenue and/or legal authorities, if this can be proved to be fraudulent 

Just now, Topram said:

Surely it’ll be a deduction next season and not this season if it took them 7 months 

It'll take them even longer if we decide we're definitely in the right and take them to court.

7 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

My two cents. Our valuation was based upon the stadium being turned into a venue that would host none sporting events, and also things like the extended concourse and commercial outlets. This is what the investment is all about. The EFL have valued the ground based on our current use of the stadium and not accounted for anything else. 

Archived