EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

Ducks sake. This could spell absolute disaster. Points deduction, transfer ban. No ones gonna wanna invest in this mess, and I wouldn’t blame Cocu for quitting either. 

Clubs being run like an absolute circus by Mel and the board. Who on earth is in charge of the finances? We’ve not even made much of a transfer loss the last few years, so how on earth is this even possible?! Where the hell is the money going?! Total utter incompetency. Ever since Mel took over we’ve only gone backwards. He’s taking us the ground with a total lack of organisation. Unsuitable managers, appalling recruitment team... it was only heading one way. To something like this. It’s totally unacceptable. We look a total laughing stock. I refuse to watch our club get run to ruin by fools who couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.

Board out!!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Is this 3 year cycle they are on about before or including the stadium being sold? 

Wasnt the stadium being sold in 2019 accounts not 2018?

The accounts released earlier this year would have been the final set of accounts the stadium sale profit would fall in. I'm surprised nothing has been made of the first 1/2 years the stadium sale must have appeared in the P&S financial accounts.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The stadium was sold in 2015. https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2015/09/club-statement-mel-morris-completes-purchase-of-Derby-county
The accounts released earlier this year would have been the final set of accounts the stadium sale profit would fall in. I'm surprised nothing has been made of the first 2 years the stadium sale must have appeared in the P&S financial accounts.

I thought the stadium was sold to a different company ran by Mel last year?

Well be fine. The EFL have contradicted themselves which we will 100% use against them in court. We will claim that they gave us the all clear and let us carry on with normal proceedings and then they have changed their minds. Nothing to worry about. 

Worst case scenario: Points deduction and transfer ban, we’re thrown into a relegation battle with the current squad we have. Find ourselves potentially in league one with no new investment. 

Best case: we get off with just a small fine considering the fact that the EFL signed off the stadium sale (which I’m assuming this is in relation to). Mel Morris’ financial sh*thousery prevails once more, and the collective average blood pressure of adult males in the cities of Nottingham and Leeds sky rockets. 

I’d have thought the actual outcome will be somewhere in the middle of that. Regardless, it could be a huge turning point for Mel Morris and his favourability amongst us fans. I don’t like the future of the club being gambled with in this way, and most of all people really don’t like being lied to. 

7 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I thought the stadium was sold to a different company ran by Mel last year?

I posted the wrong link. I'm fairly certain the accounts we released last year showed the stadium sale being sold in a previous year (17/18?) meaning this current year (19/20) will be the final accounting period where the stadium profit will be in the accounts, but won't be published until next year, but will be due for approval around this time. (18/19 season should have already been approved)

I could be badly mistaken though.

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ducks sake. This could spell absolute disaster. Points deduction, transfer ban. No ones gonna wanna invest in this mess, and I wouldn’t blame Cocu for quitting either. 

Clubs being run like an absolute circus by Mel and the board. Who on earth is in charge of the finances? We’ve not even made much of a transfer loss the last few years, so how on earth is this even possible?! Where the hell is the money going?! Total utter incompetency. Ever since Mel took over we’ve only gone backwards. He’s taking us the ground with a total lack of organisation. Unsuitable managers, appalling recruitment team... it was only heading one way. To something like this. It’s totally unacceptable. We look a total laughing stock. I refuse to watch our club get run to ruin by fools who couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.

Board out!!!

Could be worse

could be raining

Archived