v Crystal Palace (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much exactly the team I kinda expected. Fair play. Extremely slow in the middle of the park, but equally also very intelligent. I fear we’ll be cut apart from a lack of mobility, but imagine if it worked?! Huddlestone and Rooney would tear teams apart with their passing. Both are two steps ahead of the game when fully fit, just worrying neither of them are.

This from my mate who supports Palace...

Stronger team than I was expecting. Though only 3 starters when everyone fit - Cahill, Milivojevic and Ayew.

But due to the injuries, we’ve yet again got two central midfielders in the back four. They’ve been doing a good job, but worth having a go at them. We’ve also got nothing on our bench aside from a good defensive midfielder.

For anyone moaning about the selection, what is Cocu supposed to do when the lads that have been rested played 73 minutes against Charlton with 10 men then a hard 90 against Barnsley?

These young lads need to adjust, burning them out instantly will increase the likelihood of injury and then you will be moaning that nobody is ever fit.

The bloke cant win.

Sith Happens

I can't work out if people are genuinely moaning or not.

I think its a good line up for a competition we wont win.

Well im happy with that side. So what if we get stuffed by a prem side. The  priority is climbing that championship ready for next seasons assault on the league. Positives...Huddz and Bogle back from injury...more academy stars bloodied on the big stage...and our established stars are getting a rest. All positives no matter what the end result is...

3 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Yep, terrible team selection.

I guess, but I think if I had been Cocu it might have been the team more or less I would have picked. Giving a couple of youngsters a rest, some other youngsters a chance, giving a couple of fringe players an opportunity, and getting a few yards into Huddlestone and Rooney.  Shows how short of options we are at centre back that Davies is not rested, and we are back again with Forsyth.

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Davies/Forsyth, Huddlestone, Rooney and Martin is the footballing equivalent of spinabifida.  Going to need plenty of energy on them flanks.

Plenty of clean sheets goals scored and goals made plus plenty of international caps is my viewpoint!

Would appear Marriott's legs are made of papier-mâché. Heyho, Palace are not messing about and have put out a strong side so just hoping we show some fight and the kids continue with their 'education'.  Everyone has written off Lawrence so he'll probably score today just to wind everyone up even more.

Sith Happens
Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Would appear Marriott's legs are made of papier-mâché. Heyho, Palace are not messing about and have put out a strong side so just hoping we show some fight and the kids continue with their 'education'.  Everyone has written off Lawrence so he'll probably score today just to wind everyone up even more.

Lawrence could score a hattrick and people will argue he should have passed.

Archived