v Crystal Palace (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Would appear Marriott's legs are made of papier-mâché. Heyho, Palace are not messing about and have put out a strong side so just hoping we show some fight and the kids continue with their 'education'.  Everyone has written off Lawrence so he'll probably score today just to wind everyone up even more.

Depends where we play him...stick him in the number 10 where he had success earlier in the season and playing off Rooney and Martin could work for him.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Depends where we play him...stick him in the number 10 where he had success earlier in the season and playing off Rooney and Martin could work for him.

Has to play in the middle for sure. Never was any use out wide and never will be. I still have some time for the lad but he's become a panto villain for most it seems.

It's fine for a cup match. Not sure about starting Rooney, although he's always been robust.

I expected a 3-0 defeat in the week when I looked at it. The team news hasn't changed my mind, but never mind that, cup games are fun, have a go at em and it's no the end of the world if we go out.

In other news, Eric Steele just refered to Curtis Davis as Craig David, now, if Rammage had said that.....

Roos

bogle davies Forsyth Malone 

Huddlestone     

Sibley Rooney 

whittaker Martin Lawrence 

Or

Roos 

bogle davies Forsyth Malone  

Sibley Huddlestone Rooney 

Lawrence    

Whittaker Martin 

4 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Well we've dropped our entire midfield except Rooney. Both goalscoring strikers have been dropped. All the defenders except Davies. Oh, and the keeper.

Who have played 180 minutes in the last 6 days. 

It's not our strongest team but to call it a terrible selection considering the week of football we have just played and the fact it's a cup competition is just bizarre IMO. A squad already thin enough doesn't need rinsing for another 90 minutes in the cup. I love the FA cup too, always like us to take it seriously but there's a bigger picture here. 

Sith Happens
Just now, atherstoneram said:

Wonder how he will react when Rooney bawls him out for not crossing or passing when he should have.

Interesting to see

Got to give Rooney minutes as he builds match fitness. Won't get that anywhere other than in a game.

It's an exciting team and I have no idea what will happen to it! 

Strange being at home and listening on Radio Derby - doesn't feel like a matchday.

COYR! 

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Who have played 180 minutes in the last 6 days. 

It's not our strongest team but to call it a terrible selection considering the week of football we have just played and the fact it's a cup competition is just bizarre IMO. A squad already thin enough doesn't need rinsing for another 90 minutes in the cup. I love the FA cup too, always like us to take it seriously but there's a bigger picture here. 

And that's exactly it, fans look at it as One match at a time, the manager has to look at the upcoming future fixtures

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Has to play in the middle for sure. Never was any use out wide and never will be. I still have some time for the lad but he's become a panto villain for most it seems.

He's a petulant sod when he's played out of position...but that's the sign of a competitive sportsman,they tend to be mardy when they aren't allowed to perform as they know they can....

Hopefully he will get the chance to shine,I wil expect him to grasp the nettle and show what he can do after his enforced break.

The same could also,well apply to Martin.

Archived