v Crystal Palace (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said in his interview after the match yesterday that there won't be as many changes as we'd expect due to lack of bodies in general. 

I'd plump with 

Roos 

Bogle Davies Clarke Malone

Bielek Holmes 

Waghorn Rooney Lawrence

Martin 

Rests Lowe, Bird and Knight with the intention of bringing them back in for the league. 

Martin, Lawrence, Bielek, Bogle and Malone should add the freshness needed as to not cause anymore injuries. 

I really can't call what the starting eleven will look like though. Perhaps the front 4 might look like

Sibley Rooney Lawrence

Waghorn 

instead? 

Would think he will mix it up and play a few that need game time and rest a few that don't.. Rooney suggested he wants to play so sure he will if no reaction to the 90 mins.. No reason we can't win the game just because there are a few changes.. 

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Play offs isn't necessary this season, would much rather us attempt a cup run.

You do realise it's unlikely even our first team can beat Palace at Selhurst? They're a really good side, with quality like Zaha. We may as well throw out the fringe players and play for the league. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You do realise it's unlikely even our first team can beat Palace at Selhurst? They're a really good side, with quality like Zaha. We may as well throw out the fringe players and play for the league. 

Yes 100% mate will be a huge ask for us to beat them, hoping that they play a weaker team so we could actually have a chance (obviously unlikely)

But you never know, if you told me at the start of last season that we'd beat United at Old Trafford, give Chelsea a run for their money and beat Southampton at their place, then i'd of said you was having a giggle.

There are bound to be cupsets this round, I'm sure, I'd be down for giving them a go, but at the same time will be happy if we play a weaker team still...

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

Yes 100% mate will be a huge ask for us to beat them, hoping that they play a weaker team so we could actually have a chance (obviously unlikely)

But you never know, if you told me at the start of last season that we'd beat United at Old Trafford, give Chelsea a run for their money and beat Southampton at their place, then i'd of said you was having a giggle.

There are bound to be cupsets this round, I'm sure, I'd be down for giving them a go, but at the same time will be happy if we play a weaker team still...

Last season we had Premier League quality in 3 players, we're only just finding our feet this season. Palace need this, otherwise they have nothing to play for, they'll put out the first team. 

Our first team has played two games in quick succession.

We're not going to win the cup, are we? Realistically, it's impossible for a club not in the Premier League, so we could chase fantasy or just live up to the reality that even if we do win, it's just an extra game to clog up the schedule and just take a spirited loss. People can angry react my posts all the want, but that's how I think Cocu will see it too.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Last season we had Premier League quality in 3 players, we're only just finding our feet this season. Palace need this, otherwise they have nothing to play for, they'll put out the first team. 

Our first team has played two games in quick succession.

We're not going to win the cup, are we? Realistically, it's impossible for a club not in the Premier League, so we could chase fantasy or just live up to the reality that even if we do win, it's just an extra game to clog up the schedule and just take a spirited loss. People can angry react my posts all the want, but that's how I think Cocu will see it too.

Of course, I understand and respect your points, and your opinion.

Some people will see it, as you said, as an extra game to clog up the schedule.

Others see it as something to look forward to, to get as far as we can.

Inevitably, it will be City or Liverpool who will win it, no doubt. 

But it would be fun to get there.

But as you said it's more a fantasy.

I agree, Cocu will most likely not give a poop about it, but oh well!

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Play offs isn't necessary this season, would much rather us attempt a cup run.

Are we officially safe from being dragged into a relegation battle now then?

I agree, play offs would be a massive (and unlikely) bonus and a decent cup run would be fun but, just because we've won two home games against poor opposition doesn't mean we can breath a sign of relief just yet. (New years resolution - to be even more of a miserable old so and so).

Lifted form the Palace forum, their injury list:

They are expecting a load of u23s

Cahill - injured
Sakho - injured
Ward - injured
Benteke - injured
Schlupp - injured
Townsend - injured
PVA - injured
Dann - injured
Kelly - carrying injury
Kouyate - carrying injury
McArthur - carrying injury
Riedeweld - won't be risked
Zaha - not fit
Camarasa - not fit

1 minute ago, UTFR said:

Lifted form the Palace forum, their injury list:

They are expecting a load of u23s

Cahill - injured
Sakho - injured
Ward - injured
Benteke - injured
Schlupp - injured
Townsend - injured
PVA - injured
Dann - injured
Kelly - carrying injury
Kouyate - carrying injury
McArthur - carrying injury
Riedeweld - won't be risked
Zaha - not fit
Camarasa - not fit

Roy said he'd be fielding u23's (mostly..)

Archived