v Crystal Palace (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

Roos

bogle Davies Forsyth malone 

huddz 

sibley Rooney 

whittaker Martin Lawrence

Subs: hamer, wisdom, Clarke, bird, Holmes, knight, Waghorn 

I think he’ll go with this, roos given a chance in the 1st team again. Lowe, Clarke rested, bogle back in, Lawrence back from suspension and fit, huddz back in. Marriott not risked, Knight Holmes and bird knackered so are rested. Rooney to get 60 mins. 

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Fraser_23 said:

Anyone where I can watch It? Can’t see it on BBC or BT anywhere and Ramstv isn’t showing it? 
thanks 

Selhurst Park ?

Lots of foreign tv channels are showing it. Google might be your friend around 13.45 if you are prepared to get a bit wet.

Sith Happens
29 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not sure I'd be playing Rooney in this one. I know he is now club captain but he was clearly knackered on Thursday and this is a quick turnaround. It's great he is here and all that but if we run him in to the ground within a week it would all have been a bit pointless.

I wouldn't but then we do have a week before the next game so it might be good for match fitness. Even if its for 45 mins.

Its a tough one to call. If played and gets an injury Cocu will get pelters.

I am glad I am not the manager on a day like this.

I would only change the team from last game(s) if their fatigue/condition dictates.

On that basis I would be inclined to swap Marriott and Waghorn for Martin and Lawrence.

I would keep the kids in if they are not too tired (I used to play Saturday and Sunday 90 mins at their age + other stuff in the week).

Rooney and Holmes I would like to keep in, but both I imagine could be feeling it also. Sibley in for Holmes, Hudds in for Rooney (if fit) as options.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not sure I'd be playing Rooney in this one. I know he is now club captain but he was clearly knackered on Thursday and this is a quick turnaround. It's great he is here and all that but if we run him in to the ground within a week it would all have been a bit pointless.

I’d have him on the bench and maybe look to give him 25 mins to keep the ball rolling for him fitness wise

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Just arrived. Heading to the pub. Must remember that it isn’t a 3pm kick off.

What happened to dry January??? 

In a foul mood. Was going to this one with a mate who's a Palace fan but have the chest infection from hell so am stuck indoors drinking foul tasting rubbish that appears to make no difference at all. Might start on the hot toddies instead ?

As for the game, there's no way Phil plays a full strength side here. Bit torn really as there's going to be a lot of travelling fans paying good money so we don't want a reserve side getting handed their arses, but equally, we've just about managed to cobble together a fit 1st 11 who can compete in the Champ so risking key players could launch us straight into the mire if any pick up further injuries. 

Tough gig this management lark!

Anyway, big up to anyone travelling to the game today. Hope we put on a performance for you lot and the rest of us Rams faithful.

COYR

13 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I did say in the Jim Smith Room that I’m making exceptions for Palace and Luton away. New grounds must be christened with a Dark Fruit. Played a poker night with my mates last night and managed to avoid a drink.

When you say 'new grounds must be christened'.... ?

I suspect Lowe, Knight and Bird May be rested.

Cocu might alternatively give starts to other youngsters - Sibley and Whittaker come to mind. 

Bogle might get a workout too to keep the youth, and perhaps we might see Wisdom move across for Davies at Centre back.  Is Bielik back today?  I wonder if Lawrence will be picked - guess so, but if he isn’t you can’t see him being selected for Boro game.

Hope we can get a win given the team they are likely to play, but sensible money says 3-0 loss.

Archived