v Crystal Palace (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

Hope we play as strong as team as possible, but a few will need to be rested after the busy schedule. Only rest players that you would also rest if Sunday happened to be a league match though.

An improving finish to the league season with a proper cup run would put us in great shape for next season.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roos.

Bogle.      Davies.     Clarke.        Fozzy.

Bird.

Knight.       Rooney.      Sibley.    

Martin.    Marriott.

Opportunity to impress for Bogle at right back, Fozzy at left back, although he'd currently be 3rd choice he may move ahead of Spaghetti legs with a good game.

Roos back in goal, Bird flying solo in the middle, Sibley to prove he can play without loosing his head, and Martin to tie things together.

Minutes in the legs for Rooney and Marriott, coming from a fitness perspective.

Oh, and England's all time record scorer central to the action in the middle of the pitch.

12 hours ago, UTFR said:

*TRAVEL HELP*

Anyone wondering about getting across London.

If you hop on the Victoria Line to Victoria Station, you change there for a southern Rail service...

"...and for 38 minutes you'll be on that train to Palace. PALACE? WHO THE duck ARE PALACE?"

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Victoria Line to Brixton and Bus to Palace might work better??

Personally I'd ignore the advice above (sorry both!). Most of you will be coming into St Pancras. Six days a week there's a direct Thameslink 27 minute train from there to Norwood Junction where Selhurst Park is. Of course not on a Sunday, but you're still quicker taking Thameslink to London Bridge and changing there onto Norwood Junction. Meant to be 37 minutes all in, though you can have a beer or three by the river at London Bridge to break the journey if you want.

Palace will play their reserves. Not a chance we'll see the likes of Zaha. We'll start with:

Roos

Bogle     Davies    Forsyth     Malone

Bielik

Rooney       Sibley

Josefzoon     Martin    Lawrence

Subs: Ravas  Wisdom   Huddlestone   Bird   Knight   Whitaker  Mitchell-Lawson

Resting: Hamer  Lowe  Clarke   Holmes   Waghorn   Marriott

I've probably missed people. It's been a while since I've thought about this.

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Personally I'd ignore the advice above (sorry both!). Most of you will be coming into St Pancras. Six days a week there's a direct Thameslink 27 minute train from there to Norwood Junction where Selhurst Park is. Of course not on a Sunday, but you're still quicker taking Thameslink to London Bridge and changing there onto Norwood Junction. Meant to be 37 minutes all in, though you can have a beer or three by the river at London Bridge to break the journey if you want.

Palace will play their reserves. Not a chance we'll see the likes of Zaha. We'll start with:

Roos

Bogle     Davies    Forsyth     Malone

Bielik

Rooney       Sibley

Josefzoon     Martin    Lawrence

Subs: Ravas  Wisdom   Huddlestone   Bird   Knight   Whitaker  Mitchell-Lawson

Resting: Hamer  Lowe  Clarke   Holmes   Waghorn   Marriott

I've probably missed people. It's been a while since I've thought about this.

I was assuming all the trains would be screwed up as it's Christmas/Sunday/Britain!

Sith Happens
19 hours ago, Squid said:

ESPN+ if you want to go on a "flight" to access the internet in the US.

No free trial anymore ?

10 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Bet365 are streaming it but you have to have placed a bet within the last 24 hours of the stream or have funds on your account.

I have an account, I’m happy to deposit funds, do you have to be outside of the UK to watch it? 

Sith Happens

Plenty of broadcasters worldwide showing the game, ESPN in lots of countries, Nova sports, Bein sports etc etc.....Pretty sure there will be lots of flights available by searching google tomorrow about 30 minutes before kick off.

Terrible time for this to come up. Got ourselves a couple of wins and can see a small light at the end of the tunnel.

Realistically a Prem team will more than likely do us, but how to go about it? I think I'd go same as last time out, try and get a bit more consistency, get players a bit more familiar with things. Would just hate to lose anyone to injury in what is a pretty inconsequential game.

Am I right in thinking Lawrence is available again. Definitely leave him on the bench. To be fair same with Bielik and Bogle whatever their situations are (you could argue for either coming in for Davies and a bit of a rejig, but lesson one, don't change a winning team). Start a proper meritocracy with players having to earn their shirt.

On 04/01/2020 at 01:02, Will the Ram said:

Bet365 are streaming it but you have to have placed a bet within the last 24 hours of the stream or have funds on your account.

Just to let people know the Bet365 streaming is a tiny screen. You can zoom If you have the option on your browser (or pinch the screen on mobile/tablet). This does however affect the screen quality (e.g. pixelation).

1 hour ago, Will the Ram said:

Just to let people know the Bet365 streaming is a tiny screen. You can zoom If you have the option on your browser (or pinch the screen on mobile/tablet). This does however affect the screen quality (e.g. pixelation).

Just to add to that. It didn't work at all for me when they ran the same service last year against Man Utd. 

I expect to see changes today, some of which will not be popular on here.

Malone in for Lowe, Lawrence in for Knight being two. We have played a lot of football recently and one match we mostly had ten men. Some of the younger lads could do with a rest I'd imagine.

I predict the team sheet will kop a lot of flak when it comes out but Cocu would be right to make changes in my opinion.

Archived