v Crystal Palace (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

36 minutes ago, Spanish said:

thought it was a bit harsh from the replay I saw.  looked like a poor effort at a headbutt that I could not even work out how close or not it was to Huddz, 2 bookings definitely sending off only if a better camera angle shows clear intent. 

Clear intent was Milivojevic's head moving forward to Huddlestones mush, Any road, Huddlestone would have won that argument by a KO ?

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DerbyRam! said:

Interesting commentary during the game for those watching via ESPN+, possibly my memory is a little off.

"Derby have not lost in the last 67 games where they have scored first" winning 42 games and drawing 15.

Last time we lost when scoring first was in the 4-1 defeat at Bristol City in 2017(September?)

Maybe one for the stat boffins, just wanted to share. It's actually quite a nice record

...probably just reflects that we don’t score first that often. ?

I would like to pick the team for Boro.

However, I would change it so many times that I will leave it to Cocu and Rooney. Yes I mean Cocu and Rooney, both world-beaters. U23s and U18s now convinced that there is room in the team. Likes of Lawrence, Bennett and a few others can take nothing whatsoever for granted now.

Managed to watch it with Bulgarian commentary,  my we played very well ,give cocu time and space as I see nothing much too wrong with what we are doing when you see flashes of good performance 

as the injuries lessen and Rooney now on the pitch today’s team selection and rotation kind of made me think our squad is looking decent with the youth comming through , a few key additions and who knows ,

good to see Derby with a bit of swagger and cocu smiling

Thoughts on the game today FWIW...

PLAYERS

Roos - solid enough with a couple of smart saves - not given too much to do in truth

Bogle - way sharper than of late - love this kid and hope we hang onto him for at least another season

Davies - couple of early errors but solid thereafter

Forsyth - same a Curtis really

Malone - a better performance than of late, worked hard

Huddlestone - imperious today - only Rooney can compare in terms of passing ability - the pair of them were given space and bossed the midfield as a consequence

Rooney - the man's not human - he was everywhere today, up and down the pitch like a steroid crazed 19 yr old - different gravy and is clearly inspiring those around him to show what they can do too - captain my captain!

Whittaker - struggled to make his mark today but the technique is there and like Bird, he can improve as his confidence grows - get him in the gym so he's not easy to bully and he's another bright young prospect to look forward to

Sibley - a man's performance today - could almost see his confidence and influence growing as the game progressed - ran himself senseless and showed no fear at all - another star in the making in a team beginning to bristle with youthful talents

Lawrence - less selfish than at times asked to play wider than he likes - no sulks or daft cards and worked tirelessly but ultimately without much end-product - can Wazza get inside his head?

Martin - cometh the hour, cometh the man - a consummate pro who divides DCFC fan opinion but if he's past his best, he certainly doesn't know it - superbly taken goal 

SUBS

Bird - worked hard to close out the game

Holmes - see Bird

Waghorn - lively and so unlucky not to grab a goal with his late curling effort ricocheting out of the inside of the post

THE MANAGER

Gently spoken and intelligent, Phil must be loving having the waspish Wazza on the pitch to reinforce what needs done and keep the lads on their mettle. Picked an interesting line-up which was fully vindicated by the performance and the result. The team now seems to be grasping what it is he is asking of them and whilst the naysayers have been keen to compare him to Rowett, I see no such comparisons. Pass and move is clearly the Cocu way and today it was a delight to watch, even before that Palace jessie got himself sent off. Best allround performance in some time IMO. 

2 hours ago, DRBee said:

Pathetic comment in so many ways .  Goes to show people with spina bifida are winners

Thanks for your pathetic feedback.  Sorry it didn’t tickle your funnybone.  The construct of the joke did not in any way mock people with spina bifida, nor, as your response implies, that I consider them to be ‘losers’.  

54 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Ffs Martin......ruining my perfect prediction by scoring instead of Wazza. 

Chuckling at all the new found positivity - but what are we all going to do in 18months when Roos playing contract is up.....?spacer.png

The 180 million Premier League money will soften the blow.

34 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Thoughts on the game today FWIW...

PLAYERS

Roos - solid enough with a couple of smart saves - not given too much to do in truth

Bogle - way sharper than of late - love this kid and hope we hang onto him for at least another season

Davies - couple of early errors but solid thereafter

Forsyth - same a Curtis really

Malone - a better performance than of late, worked hard

Huddlestone - imperious today - only Rooney can compare in terms of passing ability - the pair of them were given space and bossed the midfield as a consequence

Rooney - the man's not human - he was everywhere today, up and down the pitch like a steroid crazed 19 yr old - different gravy and is clearly inspiring those around him to show what they can do too - captain my captain!

Whittaker - struggled to make his mark today but the technique is there and like Bird, he can improve as his confidence grows - get him in the gym so he's not easy to bully and he's another bright young prospect to look forward to

Sibley - a man's performance today - could almost see his confidence and influence growing as the game progressed - ran himself senseless and showed no fear at all - another star in the making in a team beginning to bristle with youthful talents

Lawrence - less selfish than at times asked to play wider than he likes - no sulks or daft cards and worked tirelessly but ultimately without much end-product - can Wazza get inside his head?

Martin - cometh the hour, cometh the man - a consummate pro who divides DCFC fan opinion but if he's past his best, he certainly doesn't know it - superbly taken goal 

SUBS

Bird - worked hard to close out the game

Holmes - see Bird

Waghorn - lively and so unlucky not to grab a goal with his late curling effort ricocheting out of the inside of the post

THE MANAGER

Gently spoken and intelligent, Phil must be loving having the waspish Wazza on the pitch to reinforce what needs done and keep the lads on their mettle. Picked an interesting line-up which was fully vindicated by the performance and the result. The team now seems to be grasping what it is he is asking of them and whilst the naysayers have been keen to compare him to Rowett, I see no such comparisons. Pass and move is clearly the Cocu way and today it was a delight to watch, even before that Palace jessie got himself sent off. Best allround performance in some time IMO. 

Pretty much spot on with all you said ? Rooney and Hudds in the middle were superb. Pulled the strings all game. 

Also had Malone putting some decent crosses in first half for the first time in a long time. Bogle was the Bogle of old as well. Great to see and maybe the break did him good. Exquisite cross for the goal. Just added some £££ to that price tag. Tough call on him and Wisdom for the next game. 

Sibley gives us a taste of what we can look forward to seeing he could be a great player for us! Exciting to see what he can do for the rest of the season.  

A textbook Martin finish and I just can’t get enough of seeing him in a Derby shirt. Will enjoy it while it lasts as it’s probably finally time for him and the club to move on at the end of the season. I will always love him 

Wayne Rooney! He is far from done, fitness levels incredible. Desire that of a player just bursting on the scene wanting to prove himself. His passing and ability to read the game is exceptional! How lucky we are to have him. A joy to watch in the black and white. What a guy. 

Fantastic team performance and brilliant turnout for the fans. A win on the road! The end is nigh!! ??

Up the beautiful Rams! ?

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Very enjoyable. Not that I saw that much of it.

looked nicely in control first half, with palace somewhat passive. Second half was more difficult. Then I lost the stream, internet, the lot!

Delighted for sibley.

So many positives. just what we needed. Selection headache for our man now ?

All of a sudden we are going to have a bench and a half to compliment the first eleven. ?

Been to the game today , wow , well played lads , Rooney directing the team was immense , Huddz excellent , Sibley going to be some player , Lawrence and Bogle very good in spells , well done Mr Cocu , your ideas and style of football wanted is beginning to show , a New Year play off push ? i wouldnt bet against it , COYR

What could possibly improve beating a prem side in the cup in London. Ah!!!!!!!!! Some snippets from the Gumps match thread...

• 5 minutes until kick off, I'll get the lube...

• VAR today... will prove Grabban is never off side, and is always being fouled 

• We need to focus on that centre half who played for Derby on loan last season - he looked very shaky. Get goal side of him and we can win this one!

• We've survived 5 minutes \0/ Edit: We've just conceded 

• Hope we come back and nick a couple to wipe the smug look off their cockney faces

• To be fair at least we're in no danger of hearing the classic "you wouldn't know which is the Premier League team" baalocks

• Penalty!!!!

• I ducking hate this game

• Modern football is rubbish

• Right, I’m going to do something more productive with my afternoon now. Like watching paint dry or counting how many tic-tacs are in a box.

• Half an hour played and Chelsea are only 1 up?? They're poo!

• 2-0#

Had to give up at this point as my sides were splitting and it was quite uncomfortable ?

Archived