v Crystal Palace (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

Had to ring Sky this afternoon as my internet wasn't working properly, I got through after 5 mins and was asked what's the problem, I said that on my BBC web page it's showing Derby County wining 1-0 away to Crystal Palace in london that can't be right.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Richard246 said:

It’s the coco way not the Derby way unbelievable but so many options love to see a 3 of bird ,Knight ,sibley 

Huddlestone and Rooney sitting behind spraying it everywhere and Jack upfront 

Come on you Rams!!!

Happy Days

teams can have one play maker who can be marked out of game if they start to ping the ball about but we have 2 and a team of young kids happy to be targets.  the right balance is a delicate thing but this has some worth.  doesn't make us World beaters but it is a different game plan.  Chrisie by reputation doesn't get many free kicks close to the box but appears to get more decisions further out.  with Rooney every foul represents a goal threat now

6 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

It’s the coco way not the Derby way unbelievable but so many options love to see a 3 of bird ,Knight ,sibley 

Huddlestone and Rooney sitting behind spraying it everywhere and Jack upfront 

Come on you Rams!!!

Happy Days

Maybe put Bileik back in defence? Or maybe he simply doesn't get in the first 11 right now?

Brilliant performance and the right thing to do resting the majority that played over the Xmas period.. Even though a vocal minority on here were berating anyone that suggested similar.. 

Seems to be a really great vibe among the squad at the moment and it is being translated out on the pitch.. Great to see a couple of injured players getting starts and playing well.. Also proves our squad is nowhere near as dire as many have been suggesting.. Let's just hope we get real quality additions where we really need them in January and it might be an exciting 2nd half of the season.

Brilliant stuff today... 

Very good game, particularly for confidence.  Rooney totally controlled and bossed the game. Great vision.  Sibley looked the other standout player going forward.  Looks a lot more assured and confident that Whitaker and should now get more minutes. Loved the 'keep ball' for 5-10 minutes to really tire them out.  Palace look very average with a couple of their better attacking players missing.

17 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Interesting commentary during the game for those watching via ESPN+, possibly my memory is a little off.

"Derby have not lost in the last 67 games where they have scored first" winning 42 games and drawing 15.

Last time we lost when scoring first was in the 4-1 defeat at Bristol City in 2017(September?)

Maybe one for the stat boffins, just wanted to share. It's actually quite a nice record

More interesting was the commentators insistence that Huddlestone kicked out in the red card incident. He said it about 6 times yet it never happened!

Found it hard to stop myself from celebrating when that Martin goal went in, but I don't think the Palace fans realised I was behind enemy lines.

Fantastic performance that I'll try and sum up better tomorrow as it's a long trip home now.

Sith Happens
Just now, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

More interesting was the commentators insistence that Huddlestone kicked out in the red card incident. He said it about 6 times yet it never happened!

I didnt think so either, he was kicked and on the end of a tame but still illegal headbutt (to his navel ? ).

Probably fair to book him as he did get involved but never a ending off for Tom.

46 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I would like to officially point.out that I am totally unable to predict Rams results

A month ago we did not have a midfielder playing well now we are spoilt for choice. Everyone is desperate to be in Wayne Rooney's team. Wayne expects to win, the others are starting to believe. Igor effect. Rooney is the Manager on the pitch. If Rooney tells you off there is no obvious reply other than sorry Wayne, I will try harder. If Wayne at 34 is working flat out everyone needs to shape up or shape out. 

Archived