v Crystal Palace (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Brilliant, Dawes just doesn't give an accurate account of what's is happening.

Doesn't like being challenged, however, he's clearly a bit intimidated by Steele, yet sees Ramage as below him and so will argue the toss with him

Pleasant surprise that we chose to defend 4-4-1 in the end again. It worked against Charlton and it worked today as well.

Good job well done.

Overall, thanks to Palace. It was nice walk in the park, gotta love them in these easy Sunday afternoons. 

1 minute ago, goldstar said:

Dawes moaning about Roos 'fisting away' twice when we are under pressure (in his typical obnoxious way), Steele saying how it was a good decision and didn't lead to a goal. Later said you stick to refereeing and I'll stick to goalkeeping. 

All said in a friendly way, but notice how Dawes doesn't push it with Steele unlike how he does with Ramage. 

hehehehe...fisting

1 minute ago, goldstar said:

Dawes moaning about Roos 'fisting away' twice when we are under pressure (in his typical obnoxious way), Steele saying how it was a good decision and didn't lead to a goal. Later said you stick to refereeing and I'll stick to goalkeeping. 

All said in a friendly way, but notice how Dawes doesn't push it with Steele unlike how he does with Ramage. 

Unusual as Dawes usually likes a good fisting.

Sith Happens
Just now, atherstoneram said:

Don't be silly,some will find fault with anything

Yeah surely it was Palace reserves???

Just now, dajstrawb said:

Roos punching it out at the end led to us counter attacking. Don’t know how Dawes missed that! 

Be honest though, it was the most ridiculous punch ever. He punched a ball at head height with no one near him that was coming softly to him.

I have to be honest, didn't think the addition of Rooney would do much to this side considering the flaws we've seen across the squad all season long.

Happy to say I was very, very wrong. Two games in and he has already galvanised this side and offers so much more, almost like a new manager buzz that you see so often. If he wasn't such a world class forward he'd have likely still had 100 caps as a midfielder at his peak. Possibly a bit carried away but he ran that match

Archived