v Crystal Palace (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

Weird thing, on the coverage I saw the commentators were absolutely convinced Huddlestone should've been shown the red, first view I thought yellow both and get on with it, further views clearly the Palace blokes nasty kick. But then I think they'd been breifed that PL >>> Championship.

Anyway, fine performance from us, good value for the win and created plenty.

Sibley had a good game.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Weird thing, on the coverage I saw the commentators were absolutely convinced Huddlestone should've been shown the red, first view I thought yellow both and get on with it, further views clearly the Palace blokes nasty kick. But then I think they'd been breifed that PL >>> Championship.

Sibley had a good game.

thought it was a bit harsh from the replay I saw.  looked like a poor effort at a headbutt that I could not even work out how close or not it was to Huddz, 2 bookings definitely sending off only if a better camera angle shows clear intent. 

Best thing for me today was hearing Sibley getting better as the match went on; proving he can cut it like Knight and Bird.

What a future midfield we could have!

Second best thing was listening to Eric Steele, can someone tell B4 he’s our lucky charm now ?

12 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Also proves our squad is nowhere near as dire as many have been suggesting..

The squad we had available for that horrible little run of 7 games where some people shat themselves about the prospect of relegation certainly was.

Thankfully having faith that things would improve once a couple of players returned from injury and Rooney arrived seems to be being rewarded, though it is too early to start rubbing it in people's faces just yet.

49 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The first 45 was excellent, we were pretty much in complete control of the game, Huddlestone and Rooney pulled all the strings. The goal was a brilliant cross from Bogle well turned in by Martin. Second half was much tougher, Palace came out the tunnel more up for it, but didn't really create any clear cut opportunities, as soon as they got a red card we then reverted to being back in control of the game. Waggy desperately unlucky to hit the inside of the post. 

We seem to have turned over a new leaf, our players now have a bit of confidence in their play and the ball is sticking much better. No major mistakes at the back, and we look significantly better in possession now. Cocu's ideas are now starting to click with the players. Excellent win to cap off a great 3 fixtures. 

My POTD well done congratulations GIF by America's Got Talent

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Sibley had a good game.

I think the commentator just showed that he doesn't really know much about football.

Correct decision by the ref after the VAR.

Very enjoyable. Not that I saw that much of it.

looked nicely in control first half, with palace somewhat passive. Second half was more difficult. Then I lost the stream, internet, the lot!

Delighted for sibley.

So many positives. just what we needed. Selection headache for our man now ?

Just now, alexxxxx said:

Just seen the red card. I'd be upset if a Derby player got sent off for that but obviously kicks out and shows violent intent. 

Absolutely nothing for the Palace player to complain about. I don't know if his head made contact with Huddlestone but the intent was clearly evident and these days that's enough.

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

Ffs Martin......ruining my perfect prediction by scoring instead of Wazza. 

Chuckling at all the new found positivity - but what are we all going to do in 18months when Roos playing contract is up.....?spacer.png

There's the option for an extra season. ? ?

Archived